PDA

View Full Version : Why must Paul be at CPAC for us to win?

muh_roads
02-11-2012, 04:00 PM
I think coming in last place was quite pathetic considering we won 2010 and 2011. We should've at least beaten the grinch.

Why can't Paul supporters attend without Paul being there?

I don't get it.

devil21
02-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't go to support the GOP. I go to support Dr. Paul. If he's not there then the GOP won't get my money or attention. I expect most feel the same way.

matt0611
02-11-2012, 04:07 PM
They could but they don't want to.

hueylong
02-11-2012, 04:07 PM
It's not Paul -- it's his supporters. We are all working on the campaign in our various states. No time to go to Washington and play around.

bbartlog
02-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah, even if I had the time and money to go and buy a ticket, I feel that time would be better spent on the phone and the money sent to the campaign.

MozoVote
02-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I think Paul's win at CPAC last year would have been even bigger - if it wasn't in the midst of NeoCon central.

Let's see the other candidates win a straw poll at the kinds of "Freedom" events that usually invite Paul.

muh_roads
02-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Yeah, even if I had the time and money to go and buy a ticket, I feel that time would be better spent on the phone and the money sent to the campaign.

How many phone calls is it worth to win 1st place at something that gets reported nationally? How much money in free advertising do people think that equates to?

Unless it is really expensive to sit in there to vote, sounds like it would be worth it to me.

MozoVote
02-11-2012, 04:21 PM
No reason to rough up the grassroots. Paul himself decided his time was better spent in Maine working to bag delegates, than this media beauty contest.

Aratus
02-11-2012, 04:25 PM
i think they voted for rand as veep

they may want a mitt + rand ticket.

mitch mcconnell is at cpac today.

sailingaway
02-11-2012, 04:30 PM
except for Rand the speakers aren't much of a draw, now are they? De Mint's ok, but I don't have to travel or pay money to see him on tv....

and grass roots had phone from home etc...

The main thing is they never acknowledged Ron when he did win, and he showed twice in a row he could, whenever he wants, so why bother?

gerryb
02-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Cult of Personality

And we are campaigning, instead of listening to neocons at a convention in the swamp

Elwar
02-11-2012, 04:31 PM
I went last year thanks to people here chipping in to get me there.

But this year, I believe spending the $250 or so would go much further elsewhere.

Last year was better because we were sending a message that Ron Paul is back.

This year CPAC sent a message that they did not want us there. So they did not want our money either.

The Republicans are sending a similar message by trying to send a neo-con to the general election. They will get a similar response then as well.

For me it is NoOneButPaul (http://www.noonebutpaul.com) !!!!