PDA

View Full Version : We can win hearts over this way

Nate K
11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
I think we could achieve a lot more than we already do if we start winning people over with our kindness. Most importantly other candidates supporters. Most Huckabee and Thompson supporters for instance support him because they're looking for an honest politician who really represents their conservative ideals.

Now one of 2 good things can happen to us.. one of the other candidates drop out of the race or they all stay in, diluting their votes. If one of them drops out which will most likely be Huckabee, Tancredo, or Thompson - where are their supporters going to go? They'll be looking for the next honest, conservative politician that appeals to them and that will most certainly be Ron Paul. But if we are in constant heat with them they won't want to come over here, so we should treat them with respect as to make ourselves more appealing as their candidate falls short.

Plus we need to fix our reputations as spammers, "violent revolutionists", etc. Not saying anyone of you is doing this but this is the direction we should be facing for victory.

ckhagen
11-12-2007, 06:56 PM
I've been telling my local RP supporting friends that this is the way to go as well. Just seems like if we did some volunteer work (cleaning beaches, free gift wrapping for the holidays, etc...) we'd get a fair amount of local press. Fact is... we ARE good people, we just need to do something that equates to basically killing the bad press with kindness. Only catch is, you should only do it if your heart is REALLY in it, we don't need any fakers.

Mark
11-12-2007, 07:00 PM
I think we could achieve a lot more than we already do if we start winning people over with our kindness.

Hmmm... you may have something there..

I was trying to catch some flys the other day..

and I was using some vinegar to 'draw them in"..

and it wasn't working very well...

but then I noticed that the honey I was putting in my coffee
was catching more flys than the vinegar..

Nate K
11-12-2007, 07:18 PM

Hmmm... you may have something there..

I was trying to catch some flys the other day..

and I was using some vinegar to 'draw them in"..

and it wasn't working very well...

but then I noticed that the honey I was putting in my coffee
was catching more flys than the vinegar..

great analogy. it was actually the kindness of some RP supporters that helped push me into being a supporter myself.

it seems like our supporters are very open minded and have considered many theories of life and how it should be lived. and people love when you give them room to tell their perspective and they eventually consider your own viewpoints to return the favor.

MadTheologian
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Remember this poem:

He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, a rebel, a thing to flout
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in!

Broadlighter
11-12-2007, 07:51 PM
The best way to win someone over, who you might believe doesn't agree with you is simply ask them why they support their guy. Let them talk. Oftentimes, its about some personal feeling that has little to do with the candidate. Just listen to them and then tie their views to one or more of Ron Paul's platforms.

The other day I was in front of a store passing out RP Slim-Jims and this guy came by and said he didn't want anything from us because he was a Communist. He came out later and wanted to talk to us. I asked him why he was a communist and it was all about stuff he was bitter about. We told him what of the government we were bitter about and found some common ground.

He invited him to our night of showing Aaron Russo's "America, From Freedom To Fascism" where we will be raising funds for Ron Paul and he got really excited about coming.

You never know how well giving someone some space and genuine listening will work in helping us win over that person.

Edward
11-12-2007, 07:54 PM
The best way to win someone over, who you might believe doesn't agree with you is simply ask them why they support their guy. Let them talk. Oftentimes, its about some personal feeling that has little to do with the candidate. Just listen to them and then tie their views to one or more of Ron Paul's platforms.

The other day I was in front of a store passing out RP Slim-Jims and this guy came by and said he didn't want anything from us because he was a Communist. He came out later and wanted to talk to us. I asked him why he was a communist and it was all about stuff he was bitter about. We told him what of the government we were bitter about and found some common ground.

He invited him to our night of showing Aaron Russo's "America, From Freedom To Fascism" where we will be raising funds for Ron Paul and he got really excited about coming.

You never know how well giving someone some space and genuine listening will work in helping us win over that person.He's catchin on...

FluxCapacitor
11-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Yes indeed, everyone is a possible Ron Paul supporter.