PDA

View Full Version : If Newt Dropped Out Would Happen? PPP DNC Answers

AngryCanadian
02-11-2012, 12:08 PM
PublicPolicyPolling @ppppolls
If Gingrich dropped out Santorum would hit 50% with Romney at 28% and Paul at 15%

There's more

Santorum now winning outright majorities of 'very conservative' voters (53%), Tea Partiers (51%)

hxp://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/02/santorum-surges-into-the-lead.html

Santorum's current standing reflects the closest thing we've seen yet to a consensus conservative candidate

But wait There's more and this odd.

As always only 48% of GOP voters strongly committed to their choice. This could change in a week
So are they saying 48% supposed voters are committed to Rick? if so then they could change there minds, we have seen this when newt was in the lead :rolleyes:

Personally its easier to shut down Rick Santorum, because he has alot of issues that aren't very conservative besides this is the guy that kicked out iin the race by huge historic losses in his state of PA.

Explain that to me? why would voters want a guy who kicked bad by his own people in his own homestate? and is running for president again? Rick didn't even win in 2008.

And had endorsed Obamacrare as in he endorsed Romney, Santorum is no true conservative.
Like Newt he to wants a moonbase.

gerryb
02-11-2012, 12:10 PM
It's from Romney's PAC, but still good;

http://www.rickfacts.com/

one for Newt, too
http://www.newtfacts.com/

craezie
02-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I think those who think that Rick Santorum can just be "shut down" are naive. Sure, he is a neocon, but a lot of people want one of those. They are afraid of too much change. Gingrich has personal and family values issues that just cannot be overcome with a lot of voters. Say what you want about Santorums policies, but his family life is squeaky clean (as far as I know). Santorum is dangerous to us.

sailingaway
02-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Santorum was the 'go to guy' for lobbyists in the Senate during the Bush years. He simply hasn't been vetted because his earlier moment in the sun was brief. However, that won't last. Right now evangelicals are feeling 'cultural kinship' but don't know what a sell out he is on economic etc issues they also care about. But they will. But threads about him don't go in grass roots central.

VictorB
02-11-2012, 12:12 PM
The Tea Part vote is hilarious. The guy hates the Tea Party and has publicly said so. I hope Newt drops out before the Feb 22nd debate. Santo will get tag teamed by Romney and Paul.

Fist Newt had this vote and now it's Santo. Like everyone else, Santo will get put in his place when it starts getting serious.

ssjevot
02-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I think Newt dropping out and Santorum being the anti-Romney is a good thing. The GOP knows he isn't electable and will try to destroy him. If he did become the nominee the GOP would lose by a large margin and it would give us an excuse to go third party. It also increases the chance of a brokered convention.

Kotin
02-11-2012, 12:15 PM
The Tea Part vote is hilarious. The guy hates the Tea Party and has publicly said so. I hope Newt drops out before the Feb 22nd debate. Santo will get tag teamed by Romney and Paul.

Fist Newt had the sheeple vote and now it's Santo. Like everyone else, Santo will get put in his place when it starts getting serious.

The tea party is a bunch of morons.

sailingaway
02-11-2012, 12:16 PM
except that Ron should be the anti Romney, he is the only one who legitimately is.

opinionatedfool
02-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I would like to see what would happen if Romney dropped out. We may have a better chance picking up his people than Newt's or Sant's.

LiveForHonortune
Here I thought Evangelicals didn't get along with Catholics.

But this is good news for us, actually. Santorum isn't on the ballot in a bunch of states. He's the easiest one to destroy. He doesn't have the speaking skills of Gingrich, the money or Romney, or the organization of Paul.

IterTemporis
In my personal opinion, Gingrich was worse than Santorum. Gingrich has a slick mouth, and, as has always been stated, was 'good' in debates. People fell for Obama because he was an excellent speaker. Santorum is not a good speaker, and he says crazy things often. I still remember when he said in a debate 'I want to go to war with China.' Once people listen to him a lot, I think (and hope) they will realize that he is bizarre. He is the male version of Bachmann, in my opinion.

No Free Beer
02-11-2012, 12:19 PM
the same tea party which he said he would work to stop...

ahhh, the irony of conservatism...

craezie
02-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Right now evangelicals are feeling 'cultural kinship'.

As a Christian, this blows my mind. I mean, he obviously values family and has a good degree of personal integrity, but that doesn't make him any different than Romney or Paul. (Gingrich is clearly eliminated on that score). As for religion, he is a Catholic and I don't see how that would be any different than a Mormon to an evangelical Christian. As far as I am concerned, both are top-down autocratic religious organizations who derive their authority and primary teachings from somewhere other than the Bible. What makes Santorum so much more attractive to the Christians?

Regardless, all 3 other candidates have serious issues with lobbying and cronyism. However, if people cared a lot about that, they would already be on board with us.

thoughtomator
02-11-2012, 12:20 PM
I would like to see what would happen if Romney dropped out. We may have a better chance picking up his people than Newt's or Sant's.

I was thinking the same exact thing. It could be that Romney drops out, and then Gingrich - mission accomplished - also drops out, leaving a Santorum vs. Paul race. Romney voters are generally what, fiscal conservatives who see him as successful with money? Paul should be very attractive to ex-Romney voters seeking someone fiscally conservative.

opinionatedfool
02-11-2012, 12:30 PM
I was thinking the same exact thing. It could be that Romney drops out, and then Gingrich - mission accomplished - also drops out, leaving a Santorum vs. Paul race. Romney voters are generally what, fiscal conservatives who see him as successful with money? Paul should be very attractive to ex-Romney voters seeking someone fiscally conservative.

Does anyone know of some good 2nd choice crosstabs on this?

LiveForHonortune
02-11-2012, 12:32 PM
As a Christian, this blows my mind. I mean, he obviously values family and has a good degree of personal integrity, but that doesn't make him any different than Romney or Paul. (Gingrich is clearly eliminated on that score). As for religion, he is a Catholic and I don't see how that would be any different than a Mormon to an evangelical Christian. As far as I am concerned, both are top-down autocratic religious organizations who derive their authority and primary teachings from somewhere other than the Bible. What makes Santorum so much more attractive to the Christians?

Regardless, all 3 other candidates have serious issues with lobbying and cronyism. However, if people cared a lot about that, they would already be on board with us.

Santorum? Personal integrity? Named THE MOST CORRUPT senator multiple years running? A person his own nephew refuses to support and would rather back Paul? Are we talking about the same person here?

Tod
02-11-2012, 12:52 PM
The guy hates the Tea Party and has publicly said so.

His own words: "I've got some real concerns about this movement within the Republican Party and the Tea Party Movement to sort of re-fashion conservatism and I will vocally and publicly oppose it and do my best to correct the record.

That sentence was in a Paul ad. The ODD part is in red. Why would he have been saying that? What was the context?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3TVoVqvt74

edit: He was talking about libertarianism. He was, as near as I can tell, railing against libertarianism within the Republican Party and within the Tea Party movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLQnoVpkyqc

sailingaway
02-11-2012, 12:53 PM

I don't think being the lobbyist 'go to' guy, to fund our money to special interests indicates integrity, at all.

affa
02-11-2012, 01:24 PM
"We have laws in states, like the one at the Supreme Court right now, that has sodomy laws and they were there for a purpose. Because, again, I would argue, they undermine the basic tenets of our society and the family. And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does."
-Rick Santorum

the man is absolutely unelectable in the general.