PDA

View Full Version : Chris Christie

satchelmcqueen
02-11-2012, 10:03 AM
so whats the big deal with this guy as far as public image/opinion goes? i dont get the hooplah. the first time i heard of him was when he told off that teacher a few years ago for talking about her low pay. i thought that was cool but then i found out afterwards as time has went on that he is just like all the rest. the only thing this guy has that stands out is his smart ass attitude.

i think todays society loves anyone who acts like he does whether theyre right or wrong. thats why the crowd at debates love when gingry speaks. he is a smart ass and in todays mtv society, thats cool.

sad.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Chris Christie is even FATTER than #NewtGingrich.

I am sick and fucking tired of people saying this, that & the other thing DOESN'T MATTER.

As pertains to selecting the president of the United States, "leader" of the "free" world, EVERYTHING MATTERS. Everything.

ADULTERY connotes dishonesty, betrayal and self-indulgence. I give you #NewtGingrich.

EVOLVED OBESITY (which is to say, disregarding obesity traceable to bona fide medical conditions) connotes self-indulgence, lack of restraint and, for that matter, not giving a shit what anyone thinks.

VoluntaryAmerican
02-11-2012, 12:55 PM
so whats the big deal with this guy as far as public image/opinion goes? i dont get the hooplah. the first time i heard of him was when he told off that teacher a few years ago for talking about her low pay. i thought that was cool but then i found out afterwards as time has went on that he is just like all the rest. the only thing this guy has that stands out is his smart ass attitude.

i think todays society loves anyone who acts like he does whether theyre right or wrong. thats why the crowd at debates love when gingry speaks. he is a smart ass and in todays mtv society, thats cool.

sad.

Pretty much - he is just like the rest. Remember that you're talking about New Jersey.

Christie is taking on the teachers unions (some) which is WAY out of control.

Some other things got privitized...

So those are good, however, HIGH LEVEL CORRUPTION still exists on all levels (the same things you'd expect from the Fed. Gov. we get from our State gov.)

Pretty much, the average NJ voter is apathetic and out of touch with it's state politics because there is a feeling nothing can be done to fix it. (Me included)

AlexAmore
02-11-2012, 01:19 PM
He's extremely anti-gun rights on par with communists.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 01:37 PM
He's extremely anti-gun rights on par with communists.

It is very easy for a plus-sized wealthy Alpha Male, who ALSO has state-of-the-state taxpayer-funded security, to not feel the need to own guns . . . AND to win the votes of the 'Fraidy Cat Majority.

The Silent (and Scared) Majority DOES favor strict-and-stricter gun control . . . rationally wanting but foolishly imagining an unarmed Safety Zone, when in actuality THEY will be gunless and Bad Guys, as per usual, will ignore laws.

Not apropos of Chris Christie but of gun control, Second Amendment champions will realize more success when they quit harping about Constitutional Rights and start SCARING THE BEJEEZUS out of unarmed, hopelessly vulnerable Commoners.

moderate libertarian
02-11-2012, 01:42 PM
It is sad.

He's just try tyying to kiss ugly a** of aipac lately, is he getting ready to run some national race beyond nj?

Cap
02-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Thin may be in, but fat is where it's at.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 02:02 PM
It is sad.

He's just try tyying to kiss ugly a** of aipac lately, is he getting ready to run some national race beyond nj?

You can "hear" them float different names. The time to swat 'em down is BEFORE they gain traction. Once they have traction AND #BigMoney going for them, good fucking luck.

TPTB will never back down from a fight. At the same time, they don't WANT aggravation. They golf. They heli-ski. They travel. They dine in five-star restaurants. They buy art. They would rather attend an auction than a deposition. They have OTHER extra-currivular activities, as well. Aggravation from the Peanut Gallery over SHITTY LIVING CONDITIONS messes with their enjoyment of their extremely plush living conditions.

TIME = MONEY.

(LOL . . . Volunteering, WORKING FOR FREE, undermines Capitalism.)

In 2008, virtual Paupers began prattling in BILLIONS instead of MILLIONS as tho there were little or no difference. Most people have no conception of BIG MONEY (much less of what seriously Big Money is willing to do to PROTECT it). Think how hard and long y'all have worked to raise however many millions. ONE PERSON can write a check that size, anytime, without their financial position being meaningfully impacted. On the contrary, depending on WHO they bankroll and WHEN, writing such a check may ENHANCE their financial position.

Forewarned is forearmed.

The early bird catching worm is none other than the early Predator NAILING the Prey. I don't make the rules.

Thin may be in, but fat is where it's at.

Not with Militant Michelle in the White House, it isn't.

I don't understand this, I don't approve of this, I actually kinda RESENT this but, because I have read it in several places and because she routinely appears in my line of vision cast in a favorable light, I ACCEPT AS REALITY that Michelle Obama is POPULAR.

Come to think of it, running a big ol' FAT MAN on the heels of an ANTI OBESITY campaign (that is NOT without basis, considering the COST of obesity) would dovetail with WANTING Obama to sit there and finish his peas.

There ARE some Republicans who DON'T want to win. That is REALITY, like Michelle Obama's popularity.

The Market closed 2011 pretty much EVEN, on a MORE PRONOUNCED #WealthGap.

extrmmxer
02-11-2012, 02:18 PM
He used the state helicopter to fly to his sons baseball game. He's a dirt bag and status quo.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/chris-christie-takes-state-helicopter-son-baseball-game-153304485.html

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 02:35 PM
He used the state helicopter to fly to his sons baseball game.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/chris-christie-takes-state-helicopter-son-baseball-game-153304485.html

This is specific. This resonates on two levels: WASTE OF TAXPAYER FUNDS and ABUSE OF POWER.

ABUSE OF POWER is bedrock to all the heinous crimes . . . murder, rape, corruption in office, treason, looting the U.S. Treasury.

He's a dirt bag and status quo.

This is non-specific, canned and reflexive. (Recklessly indebted) "adults" forget it instantly AND disregard the source.

MOREOVER, going forward, y'all will want to think of Status Quo VOTERS as people whose affection and goodwill you are trying to WIN, rather than as leprous creatures whose existence you tolerate only because your Non-Aggression Principle precludes killing them.

CaptainAmerica
02-11-2012, 02:37 PM
He is just a manufactured celebrity. No one really knows or cares about him, he is a liberal of the 1990s who supported Clinton gun bans but everyone seems to forget because the media manufactures him as some sort of celebrity among the GOP voters...which is completely false. Most voters have no idea who he is.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 02:41 PM
He is just a manufactured celebrity. No one really knows or cares about him, he is a liberal of the 1990s who supported Clinton gun bans but everyone seems to forget because the media manufactures him as some sort of celebrity among the GOP voters...which is completely false. Most voters have no idea who he is.

So was Ronald Reagan . . . the (at best) "B-grade" actor who, with ZERO political experience, swept into the California Governorship.

Paulitics 2011
02-11-2012, 02:50 PM
He's better than Corzine, but not that great.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 02:53 PM
...No one really knows or cares about him...Most voters have no idea who he is.

EVERYONE will know who he is if #BigMoney, which controls #BigMedia, gets behind him. PLUS he is "larger than life."

flightlesskiwi
02-11-2012, 02:59 PM
this is why, imho, Cain grabbed so much attention (of course the media helped). "he tells it like it is, he's one of us" was what i constantly heard.

sad.

FCArchitect
02-11-2012, 03:16 PM
if you live in NJ, like i do, Christie is a big deal. Taxes have not gone up in 2 years! not bad for one of the States with the highest taxes. Christie is good for NJ, could be a little tougher but it's hard for a Rep to get anything done in a crooked Blue State. He made a huge mistake campaining for Mitt and not telling the NJ folks to vote republican last Nov. so he had a fighting chance to make changes in this state to a rep house. I dont think he would warm the nation, he is too jersey shore!

Bossobass
02-11-2012, 03:50 PM
When he's done giving a speech, he eats the podium. It's in his contract, I think.

Bosso

emazur
02-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Somehow the neocons give him a free pass for dismissing "Islamofascism"