PDA

View Full Version : The most ridiculous comment I have ever heard from an Obama supporter

qh4dotcom
02-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Has anyone heard something worse than this?

Sarcastic? No way! 'I love it when I wake up in the morning and Barack Obama is President'.
Middle East? Like how he has been bringing the troops home from the made-up war in Iraq and finally got Osama Bin Laden, the guy who was actually responsible for 9/11? I think those accomplishments are pretty awesome.
Garbage signed into law? I assume you (like most other Paul supporters, are planning on squawking about NDAA....it's the 'go to hysteria/fear' point you all seem to bring up). Sorry, but that doesn't concern me as much as healthcare (Obamacare! Yes! Watered down from what I think would be ideal---single payer!---but a start in the right direction) and reproductive rights. Also, hate the push towards religious fervor that most of the Right seem to embrace. The POTUS is balanced there, too....look at how he 'solved' the whole fuss over the church 'being forced' to provide birth control despite their religious convictions. I laughed out loud when I saw that. Awesome!
You said some other stuff....
But yeah, I REALLY like our POTUS. Proud to vote for him again in 2012.
And yeah, I am well informed. As my cousin Beth knows, I'm smart and well-read and concerned about the future of our country. We absolutely have a long way to go. The economy and unemployment situation have definitely gotten better (look at the numbers!) but things were such a mess when he took over----such a completely devastated snafu--that there's a lot left to fix. We are on the right track.
AND...yes, the man can sing! But that's just frosting.
I vote wise, patient, brilliant and articulate for 2012...Obama."

AuH20
02-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Wow. This person has taken it hook, line and sinker instead of actually investigating.

tommyzDad
02-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Well, shit, if cousin Beth knows.....

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 10:22 AM

Without READING it, I have heard worse.

I have been told by MORE THAN ONE Obama Devotee that it DOESN'T MATTER if he is doing a lousy job...that PALES compared to clearing the hurdle of a "Black in the White House."

At which point I ask: 'Speaking OF, do you not find it inappropriate that we have a (kinda) Black President AND a Congressional Black Caucus? What about Latinos and Asians and Eastern Europeans and Single Women and The Embittered...what about specialized Congressional focus for THEM? D'ya reckon a Congressional REDNECK Caucus would fly?"

Ronulus
02-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Well-read but he's reading the wrong books. Dr. Seuss shouldn't count.

qh4dotcom
02-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Well, shit, if cousin Beth knows.....

Cousin Beth is actually a Ron Paul supporter and Facebook friend...she even has the "Liberty Defined" book as her profile picture.

Demigod
02-11-2012, 10:30 AM

I have been told by MORE THAN ONE Obama Devotee that it DOESN'T MATTER if he is doing a lousy job...that PALES compared to clearing the hurdle of a "Black in the White House."

At which point I ask: 'Speaking OF, do you not find it inappropriate that we have a (kinda) Black President AND a Congressional Black Caucus? What about Latinos and Asians and Eastern Europeans and Single Women and The Embittered...what about specialized Congressional focus for THEM? D'ya reckon a Congressional REDNECK Caucus would fly?"

I did not know we were a race :rolleyes: (E.E)

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I did not know we were a race :rolleyes: (E.E)

Are you suggesting that RACE is the only thing that legitimately defines sub-sets of humanity?

Wolverine302
02-11-2012, 10:41 AM
well hmm, see friend, its not just NDAA, its the patriot act, its assassinating American citizens, its lying about shutting down Guantanamo Bay, its about declaring the homeland of the America a battleground for terrorism, its lying about engaging Libya, losing a drone to Iran, drone strikes in Syria, Pakistan (are those acts of war by definition?). See friend, we're not hyper-paranoid about the President's over extended reach of power as your cousin Ms. Beth would like to have you believe, its real.

Professor8000
02-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Wow. Someone's been watching too much American Idol.

RiseAgainst
02-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Lol@

Obama is bringing home troops.

and

He finally got Osama, the guy responsible for 9/11.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! ~ Samuel Adams

DamianTV
02-11-2012, 02:32 PM
The Truth is Hidden in the Lies. Obviously he never was able to get past the Lie part. Additionally, they probably also believe that the word 'Gullible' is not in the dictionary.

qh4dotcom
02-11-2012, 02:41 PM
The Truth is Hidden in the Lies. Obviously he never was able to get past the Lie part. Additionally, they probably also believe that the word 'Gullible' is not in the dictionary.

It's a she :)

iamse7en
02-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Lol@

Obama is bringing home troops.

and

He finally got Osama, the guy responsible for 9/11.

It's sad isn't it.

Obama has engaged MORE troops (http://mises.org/daily/5231) to war.
He didn't kill Osama.
And Osama wasn't responsible for 9/11.

Lies lies lies.

Jingles
02-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I've had Obama supporters tell me that the issue of abortion trumps civil liberties and the wars. I've also had them tell me that "they trust whatever the military says is a treat and they should deal with it in that manner, etc..." It's rather amazing. It's really like I'm talking to a Bush supporter.

qh4dotcom
02-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I've had Obama supporters tell me that the issue of abortion trumps civil liberties and the wars. I've also had them tell me that "they trust whatever the military says is a treat and they should deal with it in that manner, etc..." It's rather amazing. It's really like I'm talking to a Bush supporter.

What else have they told you?

RPtotheWH
02-11-2012, 04:09 PM

I hear the same things. These are the same people that when the sitting president has a R next to his name its an outrage and the guy is the next Hitler. It blows my mind how they can be so hypocritical because its "our guy".

RiseAgainst
02-11-2012, 04:12 PM
I hear the same things. These are the same people that when the sitting president has a R next to his name its an outrage and the guy is the next Hitler. It blows my mind how they can be so hypocritical because its "our guy".

It's the result of collectives and team mentality:

From a Viking Fan "Team" perspective:

Worst QB ever:

http://blog.dlvr.it/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/brett-favre.jpg

Best QB ever:

http://www.vikesprincess.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Brett-Favre-Passing-AP-Photo-Tom-Olmscheid.jpg

NewRightLibertarian
02-11-2012, 04:16 PM

Politics makes people stupid

Tod
02-11-2012, 04:20 PM
That sort of thinking seems to be based on the (mistaken) belief that government is just a manifestation of the people coming together to work for the common good and that it is therefore a benevolent velvet glove of sorts. Until that fundamental viewpoint is corrected, be it through study of history, personal experience, observation, or a combination of things, there probably isn't much hope for dissuading the person.

gerryb
02-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Are you suggesting that RACE is the only thing that legitimately defines sub-sets of humanity?

What the fuck is a race, anyway?

RonPaulRevolution!
02-11-2012, 04:44 PM

post the facebook link

cjm
02-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Well-read but he's reading the wrong books. Dr. Seuss shouldn't count.

Dr. Seuss books work for me. A lot of them have messages of personal responsibility and individualism. Some are more obvious than others. Yertle the Turtle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yertle_the_Turtle_and_Other_Stories) is in the high rotation for bedtime reading in my house.

Plot overview
“Yertle the Turtle”

The eponymous story revolves around a Yertle the Turtle, the king of the pond. Unsatisfied with the stone that serves as his throne, he commands the other turtles to stack themselves beneath him so that he can see further and expand his kingdom. However, the stacked turtles are in pain and Mack, the turtle at the very bottom of the pile, is suffering the most. Mack asks Yertle for a respite, but Yertle just tells him to shut up. Then Yertle decides to expand his kingdom and commands more and more turtles to add to his throne. Mack makes a second request for a respite because the increased weight is now causing extreme pain to the turtles at the bottom of the pile. Again Yertle yells at Mack to shut up. Then Yertle notices the moon rising above him as the night approaches. Furious that something "dares to be higher than Yertle the King", he decides to call for even more turtles in an attempt to rise above it. However, before he can give the command, Mack decides he has had enough. He burps, shaking the stack of turtles and tossing Yertle off into the mud, leaving him "King of the Mud" and freeing the others.

It ends with this...

And Yertle the Turtle, the king of the trees,
The king of the air and the birds and the bees,
The king of a house and a cow and a mule...
Well, that was the end of the Turtle King's rule!
For Yertle, the King of all Sala-ma-Sond,
Fell off his high throne and fell Plunk! in the pond!

And today the great Yertle, that Marvelous he,
Is King of the Mud. That is all he can see.
And the turtles, of course... all the turtles are free
As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be.

So if you want to promote liberty with a children's book. Yertle the Turtle is a good gift idea.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

ronpaulfollower999
02-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Osama was behind 9/11??? Thats news to the FBI. (http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/usama-bin-laden)

Revolution9
02-12-2012, 12:26 AM

I would push for an Embittered Caucus but I am sticking to raw optimism as a gambit currently.

Rev9