PDA

View Full Version : Prediction:

No Free Beer
02-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Ron Paul Will Win Maine, But...

the news media will instead cover the CPAC vote the following day, which could go to Santorum, and ignore Paul's victory in Maine.

Juss sayin'.

I am a quick learner and I have noticed this over the last couple of years.

Be prepared.

ross11988
02-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Supporters want to see a win, especially now! Weve been working so hard for a win for so long now we just need to embrace it and build on it. Hopefully it isn't too late

bluesc
02-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Yep. They are already giving priority to CPAC. We really should have focused on CPAC too. We can only hope that the college kids showed up.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 09:23 AM
News is that Santorum is boring, and that CPAC is boring.

What I don't get is how Ron Paul, the rock star, who actually GETS RATINGS can be ignored by the media. They don't seem to know what's good for them.

phill4paul
02-11-2012, 09:24 AM
How many delegates do we get if we win CPAC? /s

wgadget
02-11-2012, 09:24 AM
BTW, a Maine win is still a WIN, which cannot be dismissed, even if the media refuses to cover it. But as of now, they ARE covering it: Who will win? Romney or Paul? They BOTH need a win.

FCArchitect
02-11-2012, 09:26 AM
I believe CNN will be covering Maine Today

bluesc
02-11-2012, 09:26 AM
How many delegates do we get if we win CPAC? /s

How much media will Santorum get if we lose? It's not about gaining anything, it's about prevent others from gaining.

Sean
02-11-2012, 09:30 AM
How much media will Santorum get if we lose? It's not about gaining anything, it's about prevent others from gaining.

Yep, this is the lesson we learned with the Florida straw poll. Paul won California and Cain won Florida. Guess who got bumped?

ross11988
02-11-2012, 09:31 AM

Exactly

phill4paul
02-11-2012, 09:33 AM

I seem to remember winning CPAC before and it not translating to a victory. I also seem to remember reading that the strategy was to deny votes to Romney at this point as Santorum is not on the ballot in all states and can not pick up the delegates needed to win. We can't be everywhere at once. I dunno. We shall see. Onwards!

No Free Beer
02-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I believe CNN will be covering Maine Today

They will cover it tonight, but will put it off on Sunday and the rest of the week.

Either way, O'Reilly (with a RP victory) would owe Stossel some dinner...

JuicyG
02-11-2012, 09:42 AM
he news media will instead cover the CPAC vote the following day, which could go to Santorum, and ignore Paul's victory in Maine.

Doesn`t matter. They won`t be able to continue to spread the "Ron Paul has zero victories while all others have some" meme.

No Free Beer
02-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Doesn`t matter. They won`t be able to continue to spread the "Ron Paul has zero victories while all others have some" meme.

This is true. But, believe me, they will make up some nonsense about how Maine is different than other states. The people are more...woodsy (if that's a word?), therefore they are out of touch with normal Americans. Again, nonsense.

JamesButabi
02-11-2012, 09:56 AM
They will cover it tonight, but will put it off on Sunday and the rest of the week.

Either way, O'Reilly (with a RP victory) would owe Stossel some dinner...

I forgot about that :p

FCArchitect
02-11-2012, 09:59 AM
maybe its just me but last week I noticed more Ron Paul inteviews on the mainstream shows. I also feel Ron Paul should not be so stubborn and do more, he really doesnt like Hannity but it is free air time. My feeling is as the economy gets worse Mr. Paul will beome more noticed and get more attention from the media. Today its about religion and birth control so Santorum is in the spot light. The massive debt and our road to brankrupcy is picking up steam and the country will wake up when they realize that the nation debt is the major issues and all other issues will have to take a back seat until we shrink the goverment and the out of control spending. Ron Paul is the only canidate that understands how to fix this and his perfect 30 year voting record will translate into the only trust worthy president to get us out of this mess.

justatrey
02-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah well if we win CPAC, they'll just say that Paul always wins these meaningless straw polls. No matter what we do they won't ever be fair to us, so we shouldn't let it get to us. A win in Maine is HUGE, no matter how they spin it.

Remember: If Paul were to walk on water, the headline would read: "Ron Paul Can't Swim".

parocks
02-11-2012, 10:05 AM
I'd like to see a win here today. I don't typically just spend $70 on a bunch of facebook ads.

Brett85
02-11-2012, 10:08 AM
What makes people think that Santorum will win the CPAC straw poll? CPAC has been trending libertarian in recent years, and it certainly doesn't seem like the kind of crowd that would support Santorum.

bluesc
02-11-2012, 10:09 AM
What makes people think that Santorum will win the CPAC straw poll? CPAC has been trending libertarian in recent years, and it certainly doesn't seem like the kind of crowd that would support Santorum.

It's election year, conservatives are energized and just can't wait for the opportunity to voice their support through a vote.

tennman
02-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Yeah well if we win CPAC, they'll just say that Paul always wins these meaningless straw polls. No matter what we do they won't ever be fair to us, so we shouldn't let it get to us. A win in Maine is HUGE, no matter how they spin it.

Remember: If Paul were to walk on water, the headline would read: "Ron Paul Can't Swim".

Funny but sadly true.

No Free Beer
02-11-2012, 10:40 AM
maybe its just me but last week I noticed more Ron Paul inteviews on the mainstream shows. I also feel Ron Paul should not be so stubborn and do more, he really doesnt like Hannity but it is free air time. My feeling is as the economy gets worse Mr. Paul will beome more noticed and get more attention from the media. Today its about religion and birth control so Santorum is in the spot light. The massive debt and our road to brankrupcy is picking up steam and the country will wake up when they realize that the nation debt is the major issues and all other issues will have to take a back seat until we shrink the goverment and the out of control spending. Ron Paul is the only canidate that understands how to fix this and his perfect 30 year voting record will translate into the only trust worthy president to get us out of this mess.

Although I like the idea of what you are saying, I disagree with your overall point.

Everyone needs to understand that going on those types of shows (Hannity, O'Reilly, etc) would be a big waste of time. Take, for instance, the last time Paul was interviewed by Hannity. Sean Hannity just kept bringing up the newsletters and the third party question. Hannity would never have done that to any other of the candidates, in fact, he always defends the other candidates. In this case, he was trying to expose Paul in a negative way. The whole interview was Ron trying to defend himself, all while, getting interrupted.

Watch the interview with O'Reilly in 2007 on the topic of Iran. Paul tried to bring history into the equation, to help understand the current situation and O'Reilly cut him off and literally said, "we don't need a history lesson, congressman." This is why our country and the people are so dumbed down. How do you not talk about history and what led up to this crisis? O'Reilly was clearly just trying to hurt Ron Paul's image.

What I have realized is this: he doesn't need to go on these shows to win delegates. And as the campaign has stated, delegates are everything.

Screw Hannity. Screw O'Reilly. Screw all of them. We don't need them.

sailingaway
02-11-2012, 10:41 AM
first, we need Ron to win Maine.

CPAC is spin and of course they will spin it.. This win is for RON'S supporters, and they know media spins everything to do with Ron.

No Free Beer
02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
first, we need Ron to win Maine.

CPAC is spin and of course they will spin it.. This win is for RON'S supporters, and they know media spins everything to do with Ron.

I agree.

ONUV
02-11-2012, 11:03 AM
if Paul wins Maine, O'Reilly can't ignore it.

LibertyEagle
02-11-2012, 11:11 AM

Ha ha. So true.