PDA

View Full Version : A state that we could win... Michigan?

Charlie Harris
02-11-2012, 01:11 AM
The latest poll shows that we are fourth in Michigan. Right around 14%. Now that is right behind Santorum and Gingrich. Plus while Romney is at 31%, we have been shown that leads can blow easily. So I think that after Maine, the Paul campaign should head to Michigan and set up shop for the next few weeks. Just a suggestion.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120208/NEWS15/120208029/Poll-Romney-leads-2-1-Michigan

Mark37snj
02-11-2012, 01:27 AM
We will get a much better picture of Michigan's potential when polled after our Maine win sinks in. :D

Charlie Harris
02-11-2012, 01:35 AM
We will get a much better picture of Michigan's potential when polled after our Maine win sinks in. :D

For sure. But another good sign for Michigan is that the last three polls in Michigan have us remaining at 14%. These polls have been taken in the last couple of weeks and though it may sound less than positive that we aren't gaining support in Michigan we know we aren't losing it either. With a win in Maine and some good hard campaigning in Michigan plus maybe a few ad buys I think we could win it. The primary is on Feb 28th, if we did win then maybe we could pull a few midwest states our way on super tuesday?

Mark37snj
02-11-2012, 02:30 AM
It says Michigan was penalized for 29 delegates (half) per rule No. 16 leaving them only 30 delegates to allocate. It's essentially an open primary but people have to register republican at the primary that day. It's a primary and not a caucus. 50% is winner take all otherwise the delegates are proportional if canidate reaches 15% of vote. I think polls in the next week will determine if Paul will put forth a major effort there or not. If the polls are not showing him within 10% of the leader I don't see him spending a huge effort there. We will have to pay attention to see if the polls include independent and demo voters.

Would be nice to capitolize on Maine by winning Michigan. A bump into super tuesday would be very nice.

Badger Paul
02-11-2012, 08:28 AM
"So I think that after Maine, the Paul campaign should head to Michigan and set up shop for the next few weeks. Just a suggestion."

It will be much more agreeable to us than Arizona.