PDA

View Full Version : Where does Ron Paul finish in Maine???

nyrgoal99
02-10-2012, 08:32 PM
VOTE

PaleoPaul
02-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I voted first, but I'm going to watch the results off and on expecting him to be in second. That way, if it does happen, it's not as disappointing.

Paulite
02-10-2012, 08:36 PM
please let it first.

Edward
02-10-2012, 09:20 PM
http://messagenote.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/number-one-.png

eleganz
02-10-2012, 09:22 PM
no matter where he finishes in maine...I'm still hustling like we're 20 points behind...

JJ2
02-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I voted first, but I'm going to watch the results off and on expecting him to be in second. That way, if it does happen, it's not as disappointing.

They are announcing the results all at once at 6:45 PM ET.

rp2012win
02-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I would have said 2nd a few hours ago. I voted 1st once I learned Romney had not originally planned on attending caucuses Saturday.

nyrgoal99
02-10-2012, 09:38 PM
voted 1st

sailingaway
02-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I put first, but I'm not pretending it won't be a real battle. Romney "should" win given all he put into it over the last four years in Maine plus the ads and appearances now, but I think Ron has a just about equal chance of coming in first. It will come down to gotv

andrew1229649
02-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Who is the troll that selected 4th....seriously??

ironj221
02-10-2012, 10:03 PM
2nd, not necessarily what I believe though ;)

We keep raising expectations on these states and then the next day is full of threads like "OMG PAUL SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN MAINE!!%%#%#$!" when we don't live up to the expectations. I like to keep the bar one step lower than what I really believe.

It's damaging to think 1st and then we come in 2nd or 3rd.
It's morale and momentum boosting to think 2nd and we come in 1st.

alucard13mmfmj
02-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Ron!! If Santorum wins, I am done -.-

rprprs
02-10-2012, 10:21 PM
I put first, but I'm not pretending it won't be a real battle. Romney "should" win given all he put into it over the last four years in Maine plus the ads and appearances now, but I think Ron has a just about equal chance of coming in first. It will come down to gotvAnd if we can't win on that count, then it is really time for some re-evaluation. If there is one thing that has remained constant, even among the most anti-Paul pundits, it's the recognition of the energy and enthusiasm of Paul supporters. If we can't translate that into a successful GOTV effort, then someting is terribly, even hopelessly, wrong.

JJ2
02-10-2012, 10:23 PM
And if we can't win on that count, then it is really time for some re-evaluation. If there is one thing that has remained constant, even among the most anti-Paul pundits, it's the recognition of the energy and enthusiasm of Paul supporters. If we can't translate that into a successful GOTV effort, then someting is terribly, even hopelessly, wrong.

GOTV failed in Nevada. :(

sailingaway
02-10-2012, 10:31 PM
And if we can't win on that count, then it is really time for some re-evaluation. If there is one thing that has remained constant, even among the most anti-Paul pundits, it's the recognition of the energy and enthusiasm of Paul supporters. If we can't translate that into a successful GOTV effort, then someting is terribly, even hopelessly, wrong.

yeah, but they are shifting caucuses last minute and ONLY party insiders can because new caucuses don't exist until approved by the party chair... so if it is in the margin of that, it is more in the lines of theft, imo. But let's see how it turns out.

patriot2008
02-10-2012, 10:37 PM
I picked 2nd, so as to avoid disappointment. You know what I'm hoping for though!!!:)

PaleoPaul
02-10-2012, 10:47 PM
yeah, but they are shifting caucuses last minute and ONLY party insiders can because new caucuses don't exist until approved by the party chair... so if it is in the margin of that, it is more in the lines of theft, imo. But let's see how it turns out.
I'd like for it to turn out like the "special" caucus in Vegas last week...where we won it!

Vanilluxe
02-10-2012, 10:50 PM
We should aim for first or else we won't win anything!

South Park Fan
02-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Based on how Romney and Paul have done in previous caucus states based on their 2008 performances, I suspect Paul comes in a close second. I wouldn't be surprised if Santorum was a close third either. Of course I am hoping that I'm wrong and the close margin encourages high turnout on our part.

openfire
02-10-2012, 10:57 PM
I voted for 1st. I won't be shocked or let down if it's 2nd though... I have zero faith in the voting public - or the slimy GOP officials that run the caucuses.

Student Of Paulism
02-10-2012, 11:10 PM
I picked 2nd, so as to avoid disappointment. You know what I'm hoping for though!!!:)

Same...just been way too many of the same antics and bs going on in nearly every state and all the garbage by the gop to sabotage him in the final days. This same bs happened in IA, where Romney was skipping events, wasn't doing much there, and Ron was doing well and moving up in the polls. So in the last week, what happens, Romney flies back and winds up finishing ahead of Ron (though the Santorum media humping caused Ron to finish lower) but still, this feels like IA all over again.

Until he wins a state, i can only assume that 'something' will always go wrong or some 'fix' will be in. Hard to be optimistic when it happens over and over and we are up against the evil of all evils that will fight tooth and nail to stop us.

iamse7en
02-10-2012, 11:11 PM
https://www.partytimesrus.com/item_images/2nd%20place%20ribbon.jpg

Only because the cartel has it in for us... They're giggling at how much control they have.

nyrgoal99
02-11-2012, 09:25 AM
bump

ross11988
02-11-2012, 09:28 AM
GOTV failed in Nevada. :(

And Iowa. I want to honestly know whos in charge of GOTV in Minnesota and New Hampshire because those are the only two places so far in this face where we exceeded expectations.

ChrisDixon
02-11-2012, 09:45 AM
1st place. Paul got incredible reception in Androscoggin County. I have renewed optimism. Keep the faith, guys.

satchelmcqueen
02-11-2012, 09:56 AM
no youre not. dont give up. ron lost all 3 states last week, but gained tons of delegates anyway. this is the way.
Ron!! If Santorum wins, I am done -.-

RonPaul101.com
02-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Based on all the evidence that is out there now, I am afraid it will a close 2nd place finish unless Cumberland County somehow comes through for us (which it certainly did not in 2008, we lost it 4:1). The good news being we'll get most of the delegates, more than Romney and the percentage of vote total will be a new high water mark for this campaign.