PDA

View Full Version : Maine Caucus Speech

HarryBrowneLives
02-10-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm ********* and I wanted to speak on behalf of Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul's a family man who's been married to the same woman for 55 years, he left his wife and two young children in the 60's as a Captain in the Air Force when he was called upon to serve. He's worked hard for life by bringing 4,000 babies into the world as a OBGYN.

Most of us understand that the establishment of our party doesn't understand the seriousness of our countries economic problems and our debt crisis. We're borroring .40 on every dollar from foriegners and have created a $15 trillion dollar debt.

We need someone who can articulate the inevitable austerity and transform it into the boundless opportunity we all hope for for our children and Congressman Paul has voted against more taxes and spending measures than anyone in the modern history of Washington.

I'm sure you guys have all seen the buzz of our campaign for Liberty in our state. We have a very strong organization here. Dr. Paul was the first such candidate to come here and ask for your vote. He is back here today doing the same. We feel very strongly that, as of this moment, we are in the lead here from the reports of other caucus goers in the state.

If you came here supporting Speaker Gingrich or Senator Santorum I appreciate and respect your heartfelt conviction about these men. The Speaker did well in South Carolina. Senator Santorum did well in some of the other states. But most agree here that the race in our state is a very different situation and it's come down to Dr. Paul and Governor Romney.

For those seeking a conservative alternative to Governor Romney, and you want the race to go on from Maine without him strengthened as the inevitable nominee, I would encourage you to vote to what has become our states clear leading alternative to Governor Romney. Because I believe Conservatives of every stripe in our party want an election not a media coronation.

If you help Dr. Paul win Maine, I think you're gonna leave here feeling good about your decision knowing you helped your candidate today down the road into Super Tuesday and other states and helped your country by spreading the message that, unlike our current President, Mainers understand that a free society will equal a prosperous society and I thank you for your time and consideration.

RufusTDoofus
02-11-2012, 02:01 AM
Nice but nothing specific to what's happening now in Maine. Maine has a major budget crisis on its hands at the moment. The Tea Party governor has proposed significant cutbacks in entitlement programs to get Maine in line with national averages. These proposed cuts are popular among conservatives. I'm not a speech writer but I would attempt to tie in a current local/state issue and explain how RP would approach similar problems on the Federal level. All politics are local.

Mark37snj
02-11-2012, 02:08 AM
If you came here supporting Speaker Gingrich or Senator Santorum I appreciate and respect your heartfelt conviction about these men. The Speaker did well in South Carolina. Senator Santorum did well in some of the other states. But most agree here that the race in our state is a very different situation and it's come down to Dr. Paul and Governor Romney.

I would skip this whole section, sounds like political spin and might turn off a few to what you have to say.

ssjevot
02-11-2012, 02:14 AM
I would skip this whole section, sounds like political spin and might turn off a few to what you have to say.

Most caucus voters have their minds already made up. That statement could convince Newt and Santorum voters to be pragmatic and vote for Paul to stop Romney. I think it's worth it.

Mark37snj
02-11-2012, 02:41 AM
Most caucus voters have their minds already made up. That statement could convince Newt and Santorum voters to be pragmatic and vote for Paul to stop Romney. I think it's worth it.

You could say something like the MSM and GOP have all but annointed Romney as the nominee but Ron Paul is the only one in position in Maine who can prove to them otherwise. This way it makes the MSM and GOP bad guys and Ron Paul their ally. Same meme different spin.