PDA

View Full Version : Help GOTV to late changing caucus locations with facebook ads and comments on Maine media!

sailingaway
02-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Here is the prior link about how to get a $50 credit free and ways to set up a facebook ad: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?359635-Things-YOU-can-do-to-HELP-MAINE-TODAY-workers-needed-LET-IT-NOT-BE-SAID-WE-DID-NOTHING

here are some of the NEW caucuses just put in by the party with the hopes party types only will know about them, presumably:

"Oxford - Porter - 2/11/2012 - 10:00 - Molly Ockett Middle School - 25Molly Ockett Drive - Fryeburg - 37

Penobscot - Corinna - 2/11/2012 - 10:00 - Newport Town Office - 23 Water Street - Newport - 4953

Penobscot - Plymouth - 2/11/2012 - 9:00 - Emmanuel Bible Babptist Church across from 1910 Moosehead Trail - Plymouth - 4969

Somerset - Norrwidgewock - 2/11/2012 - 10:00 - Norrwidgewick Town Office - 16 Perkins Street - Norridgewock - 4957

Somerset - Smithfield - 2/11/2012 - 1:00 - Smithfield Town Office - 926 Village Road Smithfield - 4978"

We need facebook ads to these new counties as well as the old with language saying WARNING: CAUCUS LOCATIONS CHANGING
click for updated info --> AND LINK THIS LINK --> http://www.ronpaul2012.com/caucus

that is the campaign caucus information link that is being updated as quickly as possible, as I understand it, as new caucuses are identified. MORE, a SUPER CAUCUS we had planned for seems to have now been 'cancelled because of snow'. Honestly, if I lived in Maine and wanted to caucus I'd be furious at how the party is manipulating process here.

Be that as it may, we need to get the webpage link out on comments on Maine media, and in facebook ads if people can do those.

SCOTUSman
02-10-2012, 04:13 PM
The only thing I worry about...is this real accurate info. Could this be FAKE info put out to have RP supporters go to these caucuses that aren't really caucuses. Something of that sort.....

sailingaway
02-10-2012, 04:17 PM
The only thing I worry about...is this real accurate info. Could this be FAKE info put out to have RP supporters go to these caucuses that aren't really caucuses. Something of that sort.....

this is why we will link Ron Paul's website caucus tracker. They won't put up fake info. We won't say where caucuses are because they might still change, but as the campaign finds it, our comments and ads directing people to the info will automatically be updated by linking the Ron Paul 2012 website info. however, I have now seen this particular list of caucuses a few places and think it is accurate. But I'm sure there are more changes we simply haven't found yet.

IDefendThePlatform
02-10-2012, 04:21 PM
And please please please for the love of all that is holy only target your ads and posts to either existing Ron Paul supporters or people who are very likely to be Ron Paul supporters. Don't help the competition!

sailingaway
02-10-2012, 04:23 PM
to clarify, those not doing ads could help by going to maine media comment sections and posting to be careful, that caucuses are changing last minute and to check (post the link) to find out latest information.

lucent
02-10-2012, 04:29 PM
The Facebook ad should say like "Warning: Ron Paul supporters in Maine, GOP changes caucus locations last minute. Click to find caucus."

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/caucus/maine-caucus/

sailingaway
02-10-2012, 04:47 PM
something like that would work, yeah! But it takes a while to get an ad approved so if you are going to do one, do it now! making it and getting the coupon to fund it takes moments, but the 'approval' can take hours before it goes live.

parocks
02-10-2012, 04:51 PM
The Facebook ad should say like "Warning: Ron Paul supporters in Maine, GOP changes caucus locations last minute. Click to find caucus."

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/caucus/maine-caucus/

I would argue that you might as well just tell people where there caucus is in the facebook ad.

If there's a new caucus, write a facebook ad targeting the people in that town.

lucent
02-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I would argue that you might as well just tell people where there caucus is in the facebook ad.

If there's a new caucus, write a facebook ad targeting the people in that town.

The GOP could just change it again.

lucent
02-10-2012, 04:57 PM
something like that would work, yeah! But it takes a while to get an ad approved so if you are going to do one, do it now! making it and getting the coupon to fund it takes moments, but the 'approval' can take hours before it goes live.

I don't have the money and I've already used the free $50.

sailingaway
02-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Then you can google Ron Paul in Maine news and post the link and the fact that there are last minute caucus changes in the comment sections

parocks
02-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Here's what I've been doing

http://webmusicvideo.com/bachmann2012/media/kunena/attachments/70/multiple.jpg

parocks
02-10-2012, 05:16 PM

But it's much much more likely that the details are accurate.

sailingaway
02-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Parocks that is fantastic! Someone else could do a general one for Maine to pick up caucus changes we don't yet know saying caucuses are changing and attaching Ron's webpage link to check!

parocks
02-10-2012, 05:17 PM

It's taking a long time to get approval

parocks
02-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Parocks that is fantastic! Someone else could do a general one for Maine to pick up caucus tchanges we don't yet know saying caucuses are changing and attaching Ron's we page link to check!

Well, Washington County has been postponed till the 18th.

The other new caucuses are in tiny towns. One of the "new" caucuses was on the official GOP site yesterday, and it's a part of the long announced Oxford / Fryeburg caucus.

lucent
02-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Well, Washington County has been postponed till the 18th.

Has the campaign confirmed that happened? I don't trust the media or the GOP.

lucent
02-10-2012, 05:26 PM
We need a general find your caucus ad. Many people may not even realize what precinct they are in.

parocks
02-10-2012, 05:28 PM
What do people think about telling EVERYONE that Ron Paul is going to be at a given caucus.

1) People who LIKE Ron Paul will be more likely to go.

2) People who DO NOT LIKE Ron Paul might be less likely to go. "Oh" they might think "this will be a madhouse. I will have to see Ron Paul and his awful supporters. This
seems like no fun for me, I won't go."

New Gloucester in 2008 was 17 Romney, 1 Ron Paul. Ron Paul is going to be there tomorrow. I told everyone - men, women, 18-64 - that Ron Paul would be there.
RON PAUL LIVE! - With the idea that "RON PAUL LIVE" would bring some people, but also drive others away.

PolicyReader
02-10-2012, 05:46 PM
bump for visibility

parocks
02-10-2012, 05:51 PM
We need a general find your caucus ad. Many people may not even realize what precinct they are in.

Well, if you know their zip code, you can tell them where the voting location is. You target them.

For instance, make an ad just for New Gloucester. One zip code. Everybody who gets that facebook ad goes to that caucus.

HarryBrowneLives
02-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Here's what I've been doing

http://webmusicvideo.com/bachmann2012/media/kunena/attachments/70/multiple.jpg

THIS IS REAL THINKING!