PDA

View Full Version : Speak Out Against Judge Napolitino being Cancelled

Magicman
02-10-2012, 02:12 PM
EVERYONE PLEASE HURRY AND MAKE A PHONE CALL AND SEND AN EMAIL RIGHT NOW, IF YOU ALREADY HAVEN'T!

Fox News is reportedly stunned by the response to the announced cancellation ofFreedom Watch with Judge Andrew Napolitano.

We need to keep up the campaign.

We also need to write the following people:

Kevin Magee (Fox Executive VP) is the person who made the decision to cancel the show. Write him at Kevin.Magee@foxnews.com.

In addition, continue to contact the public/media relations dept at:

Irena Briganti, Senior Vice President
Media Relations
Phone: 212 301-3608
Fax: 212-819-0816
E-Mail: irena.briganti@foxnews.com

This is making all the difference, please don't stop, and call and write again if you haven't.

Below is a script if you do not know what to say...
-----

Hello Mr./Ms,

My name is [NAME] and I'm calling with regard to the cancellation of Freedom Watch with Judge Andrew Napolitano.

I strongly urge you to reconsider this decision, which I and many others believe was made in error, after very ham handed consideration of the truth that is portrayed on this show, on a nightly basis. I pay for the cable package that I have exclusively so that I may watch Freedom Watch during the 8 O'clock and sometimes 11 O'clock slots, depending on when I am not busy. Otherwise, I record it and watch later.

I've never been a big watcher of cable news, but as a result of Freedom Watch, I had considered Fox's bias to be diminished in some way, thus began to watch programming on the main News Network, Fox News.

As a result of this action, which I believe to be a serious lapse in judgment at best, and a total disregard for the interests of the American public's need and right to know the workings of their government--I am canceling my cable subscription. But further, I am encouraging many others like me, who have found a home with Freedom Watch to do the same.

Additionally, fans of Freedom Watch are compiling lists of every advertiser and revenue stream for News Corp and we will be contacting them immediately and asking them to pull their support from Fox, Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, Fox Family, and all Fox affiliated interests, or face the same boycott. In this economy, few corporations will be able to sustain such a wide spread boycott indefinitely.

I hope this lapse in judgment was made in error and that we can again assume a relationship as producer/consumer. If not, fare thee well, and I'll be getting my news from other sources.

I strongly urge you to reconsider the decision which you have made.

Thank You for you time.

adeel06
02-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Left them mothafuckas a longggggg ass message. Stupid faux news, giving us their spoon fed neocon bullshit. So tired of the state of affairs in the God Damn world today. Sorry. Ranting.

Juscelino
02-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Here's what I wrote to both Kevin Magee and Irena Briganti:

I am writing this message in protest of the cancellation of Freedom Watch with Judge Andrew Napolitano. It is such a disappointment to have the only television show within the mainstream media that deals with actual facts, taken away from the American people. I can only assume that your response will be something to the effect of, "...there are plenty of news shows that report the facts..." However, I understand that it is your job, but you and I both know that talking points are not facts.

Judge Napolitano is a great supporter of the Constitution and is the only news personality that seems to be in-tune with reality. He is the only reason that I currently watch any Fox News related television program, and now this gives me a reason to stop watching Fox News related channels completely. I feel that it is important to add that I will advise all of my family and friends to stop watching mainstream media, including but not limited to Fox News, CNN and MSNBC, until the news is reported in a more realistic, less pro-war manner.

In conclusion, it is a shame that reporters are asked to put their lives at great risk in other countries in order to stay up-to-date on the latest in-the-field war updates. Wouldn't it be better for your news anchors to promote peace while on-air and rally the American people into convincing their representatives to oppose these wars? Thank you for taking the time to read this message. Just my two cents...

CasualApathy
02-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Meh

DamianTV
02-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Meh

Wow. You really did choose the perfect name for yourself.

I did not watch the show pretty much because I dont watch TV, but I see a lot of Judge Napolitanos stuff online. However, Ratings is obviously not the reason the show was cancelled. The show promoted an Idea that was not in line with Fox's expected behavior of its viewers while not watching the show.

What this is symtomatic of is the fact that expressions of Free Speech that are not promoting or advertising something that serves the Status Quo will be CENSORED.

@CausalApathy, not directed specifically at you, but for EVERYONE that has decided to not make any effort and expect someone else to do that work for you, it will be YOUR FAULT that this country continues on its path of self destruction.

sparebulb
02-10-2012, 09:01 PM
I don't have cable tv anymore, therefore, I do not watch Fox. In exchange for depriving myself of watching Fox, I deprive Fox of my hard-earned FRN's. This hurts Fox more than it hurts me.

With that said, I hope that a lot of eyes have been opened to the continuing evil that is Fox and the rest of the government media industrial complex. I personally hope that the Judge leaves the Fox plantation and continues to tell the truth in the alternative (real) media. I might even pay for that content.

CasualApathy
02-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Wow. You really did choose the perfect name for yourself.

I did not watch the show pretty much because I dont watch TV, but I see a lot of Judge Napolitanos stuff online. However, Ratings is obviously not the reason the show was cancelled. The show promoted an Idea that was not in line with Fox's expected behavior of its viewers while not watching the show.

What this is symtomatic of is the fact that expressions of Free Speech that are not promoting or advertising something that serves the Status Quo will be CENSORED.

@CausalApathy, not directed specifically at you, but for EVERYONE that has decided to not make any effort and expect someone else to do that work for you, it will be YOUR FAULT that this country continues on its path of self destruction.

Actually when I chose my name it was a reflection on what I saw in people around me, but still you're right in this case I guess.

I'm sorry, I know the judge is great and all... I just don't think he is that great at... ummm, how do I say this... Well, the way he talks is just kinda... sleep-inducing. I dunno... I can't really explain it. He has this very monotome way of speaking that just kinda irks me. I love the judge though, and I feel bad about not being able to stay awake when he speaks.

DamianTV
02-11-2012, 04:31 AM
I think that is politics in general. Mind numbingly boring. Depends on the situation. If you were ever in the Military and had to listen to your CO give the "Big Motivational Speech" (all the Vets know 'that' speech), because it directly affects you and youre gonna go into combat, your heart is pounding in your chest and it takes every ounce of strength just to keep it from exploding. When we listen about Cops without Warrants busting down the door to the Wrong House, too many people (not just us, but in general) say "Meh", until it is our front doors that are getting kicked in, our autistic children being shot to death, our dogs getting killled.

You are definitely right about people in general being completely Apathetic. I dont think I've met a person in years that has given a shit about anything. Its one thing to see it in a Senior, but when it is the expected 'norm' of kids in school, that terrifies me.

Ron Paul + YouTube= Free
02-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Maybe he'll help out the campaign with his new found free time.:D

Publicani
02-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Can somebody explain to me why a company should keep non-profitable low rating show? Why are you so outraged? Either you have not been watching this show yourself, or you have, and with your letters you want to force others to watch it?

I read here all the time "Rush said...." "Levine said...," "Hannity said...," "O'Really..." So you are watching and listening those shows. Fine. Why are you insisting that the show that you don't watch and don't listen and don't discuss should be on the air?

Another way of asking the same question, why are you, Ron Paul supporters, insist that other people would subsidize what is important to you?

A Son of Liberty
02-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Can somebody explain to me why a company should keep non-profitable low rating show? Why are you so outraged? Either you have not been watching this show yourself, or you have, and with your letters you want to force others to watch it?

I read here all the time "Rush said...." "Levine said...," "Hannity said...," "O'Really..." So you are watching and listening those shows. Fine. Why are you insisting that the show that you don't watch and don't listen and don't discuss should be on the air?

Another way of asking the same question, why are you, Ron Paul supporters, insist that other people would subsidize what is important to you?

Insisting? What? They're expressing their opinion, and they're perfectly entitled to do so. I wrote an email to Fox, myself.

Fox is certainly not compelled to oblige us, but it may be helpful information to that organization to know the strength of the show's following.

Being Ron Paul supporters doesn't enter into it. We're not forcing other people to subsidize something we want, as you allude to, the way government does.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 06:17 AM
Left them mothafuckas a longggggg ass message. Stupid faux news, giving us their spoon fed neocon bullshit. So tired of the state of affairs in the God Damn world today. Sorry. Ranting.

THAT oughtta straighten 'em out.

Magicman
02-11-2012, 06:25 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423678_3256791427419_1496102083_33098691_211249043 1_n.jpg

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 06:26 AM
...Judge Napolitano is a great supporter of the Constitution and is the only news personality that seems to be in-tune with reality....

Disabuse yourself of the fanciful notion than Money Men CARE about that.

He is the only reason that I currently watch any Fox News related television program, and now this gives me a reason to stop watching Fox News related channels completely.

An executive is UNLIKELY to reconsider programming changes that impact someone who watches ONLY the cancelled (poorly rated) show.

In conclusion, it is a shame that reporters are asked to put their lives at great risk in other countries in order to stay up-to-date on the latest in-the-field war updates. Wouldn't it be better for your news anchors to promote peace while on-air and rally the American people into convincing their representatives to oppose these wars?

Better PRINCIPLES? Yes. Better profits? No.

I make these points generally, not at you specifically. When writing to executives, whose jobs are BOTTOM LINES, wax on about principles if it makes YOU feel better. Otherwise, it is a waste of Scarce Resources.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Ratings is obviously not the reason the show was cancelled. The show promoted an Idea that was not in line with Fox's expected behavior of its viewers while not watching the show.

Coupla things...

If a Retailer drops a product with anemic sales, is there probably a political agenda underpinning the decision? Is it a DASTARDLY political agenda, directed toward the distinct minority who DO like the Poor Performer?

It was Fox, not general American Patriots or specific Napolitano Fans, who put Napolitano on Fox. NOT to suggest network execs were flirting with Freedom, but that they were the waters for POPULARITY. They may PREFER that unwashed masses are ignorant and compliant. But if those masses are gonna clean up their actS and get smart and resist effectively, by God, "decision makers" wanna be in the vanguard. There's money to be made THERE, too. WHEREVER the numbers are, the sales are.

TeeVee does not exist to provide people with facts. It exists to provide businesses with CUSTOMERS.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 06:58 AM
You are definitely right about people in general being completely Apathetic.

Apathy is epidemic, no question.

That said, PEOPLE WILL WATCH TV as surely as they will eat and sleep. They choose from available narcotics, they don't develop drugs.

I dont think I've met a person in years that has given a shit about anything.

I find it is getting WORSE, not better.

SHOCK DOCTRINE >> SHELL SHOCKED.

Its one thing to see it in a Senior, but when it is the expected 'norm' of kids in school, that terrifies me.

I must say, I DO find BETTER INFORMED apathy among Seniors. They know what they know, they think what they think, they vote as they vote.

I find so much IGNORANT apathy among so MANY Young 'Uns, words actually fail me.

Parenthetically, those who would abolish the Department of Education should REALLY hear out Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister of Singapore.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 07:27 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/09/fox-business-primetime-lineup-canceled-napolitano-bolling_n_1266536.html

Fox Business Network announced a drastic shakeup of its programming on Thursday, cancelling all of its primetime shows and replacing them with reruns.

The network has long trailed its major business news rival, CNBC, in the ratings. On Wednesday, for instance, FBN drew just 64,000 total viewers. CNBC drew 187,000. For all of 2011, the gap was even wider: 54,000 versus 228,000.

However, the suddenness of the moves was still surprising. "FreedomWatch with Judge Andrew Napolitano," "Power & Money with David Asman" and "Follow the Money with Eric Bolling" were all canceled. Napolitano and Bolling have become well-known faces outside of FBN, and Bolling is a co-host of "The Five" on Fox News. All three hosts will continue as contributors to both Fox News and FBN.

Replacing the shows are repeats of "The Willis Report," "Cavuto" and "Lou Dobbs Tonight." Gerri Willis, who currently hosts her self-titled show at 5 PM, will eventually have her program moved to 8 PM..."

The timing is VERY odd.

REPEATS of news-y shows? Unless it's Comedy Central, what could BE more dull?

GERRI WILLIS will step in? With her focus on "consumer and personal finance issues"? Going into a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION? During an unprecedented downturn in both our economy AND our reputation?

There IS cause to object, but FOX is not the right court of appeals. When the Philosophers in academia, and Talking Heads on the political circuit, and society's prominent Moralizers register objection, then Executives LISTEN. When OTHER Executives in OTHER enterprises capitalize on the controversy, THEN they take action.

One of the favorite topics of "news people" is EACH OTHER. Gripes about Fox are better received at OTHER networks.

odamn
02-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Mine reads:

Hi Kevin, You cancelled the Judge? Are you kidding me? I will no longer have any use for any Fox Stations, and
I will be cancelling my Package, i pay Direct Tv extra for.
I Just thought you should know, I used to watch FBN from Imus to Asman, every day.
What will you do with all your spare time? Because FBN will no longer need your services when it folds up like a cheep suit, later this year.
And IMUS calls Noot Skunk Vomit ...
When Skylab falls to Earth, i hope it lands on your Dumbass.
Thanks, Ter

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 08:21 AM

Mine reads:

Hi Kevin, You cancelled the Judge? Are you kidding me? I will no longer have any use for any Fox Stations, and
I will be cancelling my Package, i pay Direct Tv extra for.
I Just thought you should know, I used to watch FBN from Imus to Asman, every day.
What will you do with all your spare time? Because FBN will no longer need your services when it folds up like a cheep suit, later this year.
And IMUS calls Noot Skunk Vomit ...
When Skylab falls to Earth, i hope it lands on your Dumbass.
Thanks, Ter

Read these, then pretend you are a Big Swinging Dick at Fox.

What do you do?

123tim
02-11-2012, 08:28 AM
The old "Bait and Switch" routine.

I've been expecting it.

Fox managed to snag a lot of budding freedom lovers before they had a chance to mature. Now they can be taken under Fox's nurturing wing with a new show, complete with some similar sounding, but not quite the same message.

We're being kicked out of the nest.

Publicani
02-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Insisting? What? They're expressing their opinion, and they're perfectly entitled to do so. I wrote an email to Fox, myself.

Fox is certainly not compelled to oblige us, but it may be helpful information to that organization to know the strength of the show's following.

Being Ron Paul supporters doesn't enter into it. We're not forcing other people to subsidize something we want, as you allude to, the way government does.
If I am CNN, or MSNBC, or any other outlet, and Napolitano or some other Ron Paul supporter applies for a job there, I would think twice before hiring him. Because if his show fails, it'll be hard to get rid of him. Why should I have to deal with all outcry / bad publicity coming from Ron Paul supporters many of whom didn't even watch the show?

odamn
02-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Read these, then pretend you are a Big Swinging Dick at Fox.

What do you do?
He'll never see it.
Some inturn will toss it, and send me a form letter, about how much they appreceate my input.
And that will be the extent of their interest.
But i feel better, and i will cancel my subscription the day after they cancel the Judge.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 08:38 AM
The old "Bait and Switch" routine.

I've been expecting it.

Fox managed to snag a lot of budding freedom lovers before they had a chance to mature. Now they can be taken under Fox's nurturing wing with a new show, complete with some similar sounding, but not quite the same message.

We're being kicked out of the nest.

ROPING DOPES is a profession.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 08:48 AM
He'll never see it.
Some inturn will toss it, and send me a form letter, about how much they appreceate my input.
And that will be the extent of their interest.
But i feel better, and i will cancel my subscription the day after they cancel the Judge.

Feeling better is better than feeling worse. I am a big fan of feeling better. As a letter writer from WAY back, no one has to sell me on the therapeutic value of correspondence.

Still, the satisfaction of GETTING SOMETHING OFF ONE'S CHEST pales next to the satisfaction of GETTING RESULTS.

Perhaps if subscription cancellations were choreographed as a BLOC...in the manner of a concerted boycott...with press release and fanfare...

Bank of America DID repeal rapacious debit fee. Verizon did nix rapacious FEE TO PAY BILL.

odamn
02-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Feeling better is better than feeling worse. I am a big fan of feeling better. As a letter writer from WAY back, no one has to sell me on the therapeutic value of correspondence.

Still, the satisfaction of GETTING SOMETHING OFF ONE'S CHEST pales next to the satisfaction of GETTING RESULTS.

Perhaps if subscription cancellations were choreographed as a BLOC...in the manner of a concerted boycott...with press release and fanfare...

Bank of America DID repeal rapacious debit fee. Verizon did nix rapacious FEE TO PAY BILL.
Yeah, i agree.
But i doubt many ppl pay extra for FBN, like i do ... or should i say did. Direct Tv will want to know why i'm canceling and might pass it along to someone at FBN who will care, but i doubt it. We'll see ...

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah, i agree.
But i doubt many ppl pay extra for FBN, like i do ... or should i say did. Direct Tv will want to know why i'm canceling and might pass it along to someone at FBN who will care, but i doubt it. We'll see ...

NEVER presume that people who WORK FOR WAGES will act or react like self-interested Ownership/Management. Some of them dislike their bosses/companies more than YOU do. Most of them have NO MOTIVATION to go the extra mile as Team Players.

A deluge of simultaneous cancellations under a single statement BYPASSES the discretion of Gatekeepers. HIGHER UPS will be the ones banging on Gatekeepers' gates...WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! GET THESE NUMBERS UP, OR GET YOURSELVES NEW JOBS!!

LibertyEagle
02-11-2012, 10:32 AM
The Judge just sent this out on Facebook.

Judge Andrew Napolitano

It will be far more productive for my work at Fox and the work of my friends and colleagues here--many of whom share our values--if the email traffic to Fox toned down considerably. I will continue to voice the message of freedom in many more Fox venues, and you will hear that message, and we will do our best to alert you in advance of those venues and the times that I will be on them; and we will post those alerts right here on this site. PLEASE BE SURE TO WATCH THE FINAL FreedomWatch SHOW ON MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, ON FOX BUSINESS AT 8:00 PM, EASTERN TIME. You have been very strong in your views and generous in your comments about the show, but now is the time to relax and lay low and prepare for the future. God bless each of you.

cheapseats
02-11-2012, 10:48 AM
...It will be far more productive for my work at Fox and the work of my friends and colleagues here--many of whom share our values--if the email traffic to Fox toned down considerably.

IS there a pod of "Friends & Colleagues" at Fox that is respected by Freedom Fighters?

...but now is the time to relax and lay low and prepare for the future.

I agree heartily with preparing for the future, such as it is.

But I could not DISAGREE more stridently about this being the time to "relax and lay low".