PDA

View Full Version : Encounter with Santorum supporter... hehe

EndTheFed
02-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Sorry for long post but...

Updated to show all answers... (Got rid of see more)

Jeff Adams · Misericordia University
Not this Republican who lives in a battleground state... Actually half of the Gop that I talk to think he is just plain nuts
Reply · Like · 6 hours ago

Taylor McDonald · University of North Alabama
Jeff Adams - Please give me an example (facts please) of where Ron Paul is nuts....
Reply · Like · 5 hours ago

His veiw on western intervention causing islamic extremist violence... So the people masacred in africa by muslims that was due to our western intervention? Look at Sudan! I lived in Africa I saw it first hand... Mr. Paul has no idea what he is talking about.. If you take away air traffic controllers, and TSA as he proposes your going to have states who cannot afford to keep an aduquate level of security and some terrorist will do something aweful to our country... Letting Iran have a Nuclear weapon is NUTS! They have already called for the total destruction of Isreal! That is our one true friend in the middle east. And not forget about leagalizing prositution and Heronin... Lets make it readly available for our children.. and destroy the fabric of our society... The guy may not be nuts only old and out f touch with the reality of the world we live in today. 9/11 was caused by taught hate not western intervention
Reply · Like · 5 hours ago

Jeff Adams -

1) I have never heard him say "western intervention" caused anything in Africa. He says that intafearing in other countires affairs has cause blowback to America.That doesn't mean that the ONLY reason these countires do this ids because of this. He says it contributes to it.

2) If you want a TSA change the constitution make it constitutional and don't let it interfear life, liberty and the persuit of happiness.

3) If you understand that the United states has propped up dictators and HELPED create the situation, then you don't understand the history of the area.

4) Isreal is quite capable of defending itself if we would let them.

5) He NOWHERE calls for the legalization of ANY drug or prostitution. He is for turning it back to the states to be determined by the states where it belongs.

6) 9/11 issue was covered by #1

How much have these things cost us? Foreign aid, foreign wars the drug war.

If we don't get spending under control there will be no United States to defend.
WE ARE BROKE!!!!

Any More?
Reply · Like · 4 hours ago

Taylor McDonald He said western intervention is why Islamic extremist hate us... I beg to differ... he is dead wrong... period... Having federal oversight at our airports is not a bad thing is doesnt violate our consitution...It protects our liberties... it keeps us safe... Have you ever been to Northern Africa or the Middle East??? No? I didnt think so, so where exactly do you get off lecturing anyone about whats going on?? Mr. Paul im sure has not... Who cares what it cost to keep our people safe...there is more to life than money.... my childrens future is worth it... we fight to keep our God given rights from being destroyed... Half of the GOP wil not vote for Paul period...
Reply · Like · 4 hours ago

Jeff Adams -

Issue 1. "Taylor McDonald He said western intervention is why Islamic extremist hate us..."

Where? Reference please?
Again He has said the UNITED STATES actions have CONTRIBUTED to blow back from countries (Islamic if you prefer) to the United States. Not CAUSED.

Issue 2. "Having federal oversight at our airports is not a bad thing is doesnt violate our consitution..."

The constitution is to RESTRICT the powers of the government. If athourity is not given it is left to the states or individual. Where is the athourity for the TSA.

Issue 3. "Have you ever been to Northern Africa or the Middle East??? No? I didnt think so, so where exactly do you get off lecturing anyone about whats going on??"

I am lecturing no one. You are the one who claimed Ron Paul was nuts. I believe you were the one who was making stupid, unbacked up claims.

Issue 4. "Mr. Paul im sure has not..."

Dr. Paul was in the military and has been over there.

Issue 5. "Who cares what it cost to keep our people safe...there is more to life than money.... my childrens future is worth it..."

I care and you better start caring. Money doesn't grow on trees (It is printed by the Federal Reserve and loaned to the United States at interest). If you don't start caring there will be no United Sates to be safe in. Your children will have no future.

Issue 6. "We fight to keep our God given rights from being destroyed..."

Oh I see they are not destroyed by the "enemey"... They are to be destroyed from within... Nice.

Issue 6. "Half of the GOP wil not vote for Paul period..."

Hmmmm though any one but Obama? Are you telling me that if he is the nommine (I understand it is a long shot), that you won't back him? Who would you back?

Again, you came with no facts. If you are gonna say things he has "Said" and stands for Please back it up and leave your talk radio points behind...

Thanks
Reply · Like · 3 hours ago

Taylor McDonald watch a youtube clip of any of the debates.. he says it all the time... Paul was never stationed close to it there other than Turkey in the 60's... A very diffrent turkey and time than we live in today... If we romove TSA there will be no United States...Terrorist will walk right in... The states cannot afford to secure our airports. Period... and if they would it would be a very poor job. And no I would not vote for ron paul if it came down to it... he is to dangerous ...
Jeff Adams -

Issue 1.
"watch a youtube clip of any of the debates.. he says it all the time..."

Better listen more carefully. He challenges the idea that they have NO reason to be pissed at us. No one thinks it is ok to attack us including Ron. Please listen to what is being said and not the spin about what he says.

Issue 2.
"Paul was never stationed close to it there other than Turkey in the 60's..."

Yea... a long time before you were around. He know the history of the place. You would do yourself a favor to look into the HISTORY of the region.

Issue 3.
"A very diffrent turkey and time than we live in today..."

Ahhh so since it is sooooo long ago let's just throw out context....

Issue 4.
"If we romove TSA there will be no United States... Terrorist will walk right in...

Well lets see.... How many teorrorist have the TSA found.. Hmmmmm ..... crickets...
0 not found ONE!!!!!

Issue 5.
"And no I would not vote for ron paul if it came down to it... he is to dangerous ..."

So I assume you would not vote or vote for Obama... mmmmmm smart...

You are presenting NO facts. You are spouting platitudes and spin. Pleases stop the rhetoric...

Jeff Adams -

What Ron Paul says:

Blow Back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldgbOxDX6DE

The TSA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzDiY8wKl9Q

On Isreal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUmfvSr9qP0

Drugs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL83WewagiM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8S8N2OG7sU
Reply · Like · 2 hours ago

Taylor McDonald it would never come down to it but I would rather vote for Obama then Ron Paul... I have spent over six months in the region and not at resort... so I think I know a little more than Ron Paul... Terrorist know they cant walk into an aport with tsa... but im certain they would be trying if we didnt have one.... he is so naive that he got fooled by Bruno...lol... someone who is that out of touch shouldnt be President...
Reply · Like · about an hour ago

Jeff Adams -

Issue 1. "It would never come down to it but I would rather vote for Obama then Ron Paul..."

Hmmmm go for it...

Issue 2. "I have spent over six months in the region and not at resort... so I think I know a little more than Ron Paul..."

Ooooo such an expert...

Issue 3. "Terrorist know they cant walk into an aport with tsa... but im certain they would be trying if we didnt have one...."

This is non-provable logic...

Issue 4. "he is so naive that he got fooled by Bruno...lol..."

Raunchy material... I see where your tastes lie...

Issue 5. "Someone who is that out of touch shouldnt be President..."

And who do you think should be?

And again no facts except fact about you and Bruno so that is the evidence you bring to say Ron Paul is nuts...

all I can say is WOW!!!!
Reply · Like · about an hour ago

Im sure that Ron Paul has spent more time than me in the region and has lived in the villages, like i did and talked to the small persucuted churchs... so he would know what its all about from his time in the 60's in Turkey.... I was once a young naive college kid... so i appricate his followers energy... anyone who wants to totally dismantle our federal gov and make us a third world country and allow iran to have nukes is nuts.... period... Rick Santorum is the only one worthy of a vote... all i can say is wow... with the other 85% of the party who doesnt like him
Reply · Like · 59 minutes ago

Jeff Adams -

Issue 1. "Im sure that Ron Paul has spent more time than me in the region and has lived in the villages, like i did and talked to the small persucuted churchs... so he would know what its all about from his time in the 60's in Turkey...."

This does not make you an expert on world history.

Issue 2. "I was once a young naive college kid... so i appricate his followers energy..."

I am a 53 year old Sr programmer not a naive college kid...

Issue 3. "anyone who wants to totally dismantle our federal gov and make us a third world country..."

Who is advocating the totally dismantle our federal gov or making the US a third world country...
More platitudes...

Issue 4. "Rick Santorum is the only one worthy of a vote..."

Yea... He goes one place and says he will openly fight the tea party and now he is trying to embrace it...
What a flip flop...

Issue 4. "all i can say is wow... with the other 85% of the party who doesnt like him"

You have exposed your ignorance about Ron Paul and that you simply go along with what you hear from tv and radio sound bites... You have offered NO evidence to back your claims... You now (along with the other 85% of republicans ACCORDING TO YOU) are voting for someone you "LIKE"!!! instead of looking at what they say and their positions...

oh well... If you engage in a battle of wits, please get some first so you have something to defend yourself with especially if you start it...

I hope you will at least take a look at the things I have asked you
Reply · Like · 39 minutes ago

Taylor McDonald it has nothing to do with world history... its why they hate us now... its what we stand for... and paul is the biggest flip flopper... he puts earmarks for his district in the bills thens votes against them to seem like he is against spending... the things that have come out his mouths at the debates are enough to make me not watch youtube videos of someone who voted against the civil rights act... removing the department of education, shrinking the department of defense, removing departemnt of banking, epa, tsa, airtraffic controllers, and homeland security... and where did santorum say this? maybe you have a youtube link....pauls supporters blind following is what turns most away from him...
Reply · Like · 19 minutes ago

Jeff Adams -

Issue 1. "Taylor McDonald it has nothing to do with world history... its why they hate us now... its what we stand for..."

Wow!!!

Issue 2. "Paul is the biggest flip flopper... he puts earmarks for his district in the bills thens votes against them to seem like he is against spending..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWTyHbGcUQY

Issue 3. "The things that have come out his mouths at the debates are enough to make me not watch youtube videos of someone who voted against the civil rights act..."

Hmmm The civil rights act was in 1964.. Ron Paul did not vote against it. He wasn't in congress. He would have voted against it explained in the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbJBHhqftc

Issue 4. "Removing the department of education, shrinking the department of defense, removing departemnt of banking, epa, tsa, airtraffic controllers, and homeland security..."
All unconstitutional bueracracies

Issue 5. "where did santorum say this? maybe you have a youtube link...."

Actually I do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3TVoVqvt74

Issue 6. "Paul's supporters blind following is what turns most away from him..."

Again... WOW!!!! who is following blindly...

Jeff Adams - Shhhhhh!!!! Hmmmmm crickets...

DonovanJames
02-10-2012, 01:45 PM
I was almost going to come snide with a spellcheck comment until I got the end and read your signature. I lol'd hard.

Lord Xar
02-10-2012, 01:50 PM
The Santo supporter just seems to be spewing the same diatribe as the rest of the faux/rush/levin/hannity talking points. They don't understand the consequences of blowback nor how our actions for the past 4 decades would even create the situations we are dealing with now. Because most things are done in secret, they can't make the connection between our actions and the resulting "terrorist" actions.

This is a shame. He just makes wild claims ".... that is just NUTS"! etc.. What is most troubling about these types of thinkers is that they rally against Obama for his "obamacare" being unconstitutional, and rightly so - YET, he will defend and support anti-constitutional legislation/laws if he perceives it as "fighting terrorism" or something HIS party apparatus put forth.

This is scary. He would vote Obama because he wants war. He wants war soooooo bad, and he believes in the jihadists under the bed piped into his ear by the megaphones of propaganda that he would vote for gargantuan govt. policies, debt, ndaa, corruption instead of Ron Paul, who warned us - this was all coming.

georgiaboy
02-10-2012, 01:54 PM
I think this is the definition of demagoguery gone wild.

Those replies were pure ownage. +rep for sharing.

kill the banks
02-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I think we need to call the real nuts ~ NUTS !

Kotin
02-10-2012, 02:01 PM
This is what we have to deal with.. People who hold an opinion about everything without the proper research, think they know what world they live in, these people arethe bane of us all. And unfortunately, they are legion.

alucard13mmfmj
02-10-2012, 02:44 PM
yeah... and USA does nothing while people in the congo or ivory coast is being slaughtered in the hundreds of thousands. i guess those people in middle and south africa doesnt have oil.

and people cant get it through their heads that Israel can wipe out the middle east by itself. even if iran procures a nuke.. it wont be used on israel. israel is a religious site for muslims, jews, and christians. even if they used a nuke.. the nuke would be shot down by surrounding anti-missile/early warning systems and israel has their own anti-missile systems.

if iran shoots a nuke at USA... it has to travel past europe, and im sure europe wont allow that to happen and they will shoot it down. USA has one of the best anti-missile systems to shoot it down

EaSy
02-10-2012, 02:55 PM
GJ ... He is almost destroyed. If he says something about foreign policy again, you can finish him with prediction video from 2002. :)

jbuttell
02-10-2012, 03:05 PM
On of your first points... about Ron Paul and legalizing heroine etc is not entirely accurate, and a frequent misconception I see from Paul supporters. Just because the power should reside in the state doesn't mean he supports a ban. His point is that while he's more accepting of the state banning if it wishes, it's still a violation of personal liberty.

skyorbit
02-10-2012, 03:08 PM
"It's not about the things we don't know. It's about the things we know that just ain't so." ~~ unknown (to me)

EndTheFed
02-10-2012, 03:10 PM
On of your first points... about Ron Paul and legalizing heroine etc is not entirely accurate, and a frequent misconception I see from Paul supporters. Just because the power should reside in the state doesn't mean he supports a ban. His point is that while he's more accepting of the state banning if it wishes, it's still a violation of personal liberty.

Point taken...

jcarcinogen
02-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Paul was stationed in Pakistan.

LibertyEagle
02-10-2012, 03:19 PM

Actually, his answer was more germane than yours. It doesn't matter what Dr. Paul would like to see happen in libertarian utopia. What matters is what he would do as President.

He would decriminalize them at the federal level; not legalize them. All 50 states have drug laws right now and they would still have them after President Paul got the federal government out of the drug business.

EndTheFed
02-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Paul was stationed in Pakistan.

I sorta knew that but did not have a reference.. Thanks..

TheGrinch
02-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Actually, his answer was more germane than yours. It doesn't matter what Dr. Paul would like to see happen in libertarian utopia. What matters is what he would do as President.

He would decriminalize them at the federal level; not legalize them. All 50 states have drug laws right now and they would still have them after President Paul got the federal government out of the drug business.

And so if that State wants to use their funding to fight it, that's their prerogative. Though it certainly doesn't hurt to mention that the war on drugs has been a total failure, but perhaps the "states rights" argument is far more effective to those who seem to falsely believe that the sky would fall if Dr. Paul were elected.

LibertyEagle
02-10-2012, 03:23 PM
You may want to show this to him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6U_xJj-eyw

UK4Paul
02-10-2012, 03:27 PM
even if iran procures a nuke.. it wont be used on israel. israel is a religious site for muslims, jews, and christians.

Excellent point!

The Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem is considered by Muslims as the second(?) holiest site.

+rep

EndTheFed
02-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Excellent point!

The Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem is considered by Muslims as the second(?) holiest site.

+rep

Great Point... Haven't heard that argument... very good...

DanConway
02-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Third-holiest. Locations in Mecca and Medina come first and second.

UK4Paul
02-10-2012, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the clarification. That's why I added the question mark... I wasn't entirely sure.

I seriously doubt they'd nuke a country containing their third holiest site :)

alucard13mmfmj
02-10-2012, 03:46 PM

So dropping a nuke there will piss off jewish, christians, and muslims... Hell, why not hold Mecca and Medina hostage? Say we will bomb their holy sites if they don't stop with their terrorist activity (although, there will be blowback ^^). Saudis are not our friends, so f**k em.

abruzz0
02-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Because not having a TSA for the previous 230 years of this country's existence led to terrorists rampaging all over us.

OMG ONLY DUH GUVVERMINT CAN PROTECT ME!!!!

nedomedo
02-10-2012, 05:09 PM
When he said that stuff about Paul being fooled by Bruno, you should have sent him this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEaef07rD6c

PaulConventionWV
02-10-2012, 06:00 PM
You need to work on your debating skills. Sorry, but I just would have done that much differently. Maybe it's just me, but I would have tried to explain things a little more. Still a decent job, though. Keep that fire!

TIMB0B
02-10-2012, 06:16 PM
This guy can't be real. He's got to be trolling.

Rudeman
02-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I believe it, sounds like the typical Santorum supporter I encounter. Although I've gotten one I talk to most to back off the Ron Paul is crazy train, to the point where he would vote for him over Obama or Romney. Still trying to convince him that an activist foreign policy isn't very conservative.

Tinnuhana
02-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Above quote: I think Will Rogers said that, great First Nations humorist

EndTheFed
02-10-2012, 06:52 PM
When he said that stuff about Paul being fooled by Bruno, you should have sent him this video:

I had never even heard of this... had to google it.. :)

opinionatedfool
02-10-2012, 06:58 PM

Lol, that's great. I'm surprised I've never seen this.

Hook
02-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Every minute you waste on someone that has already made up their mind is a minute you could spend convincing someone more open to what you have to say.

Jack Bauer
02-10-2012, 07:01 PM
How do you talk to a tampon?

AdamT
02-10-2012, 07:15 PM

LOL! +Rep.

Working Poor
02-10-2012, 07:28 PM
I wish you had brought up Santorum being the most corrupt Senator and being voted out by a landslide and also he is not on the ballot in many states...

No Free Beer
02-10-2012, 07:30 PM
I love how the terrorists attack us for our freedoms, but we shred our bill of rights everyday...

interesting point of view.

Just another moronical poop.

EndTheFed
02-10-2012, 08:40 PM
bump for fun....

COpatriot
02-10-2012, 09:06 PM
At no point did this person even make a single argument for shrinking the size of government and most of their arguments actually defended big government. Typical Santorum supporter.

This is someone who is clearly so drunk off the Limbaugh/Hannity/Levin kool-aid and has an extremely nationalistic view of America. I can't believe people still subscribe to the "they hate us for our freedoms" line. Pure idiocy.

libertybrewcity
02-10-2012, 09:15 PM
FROTH EVERYWHERe.

EndTheFed
02-11-2012, 01:26 AM
bmp

J_White
02-11-2012, 04:45 AM
typical result of brainwashing. no facts just talking points !!
and averse to truth !
can we have a rehabilitation center for them ?

alucard13mmfmj
02-11-2012, 04:55 AM
typical result of brainwashing. no facts just talking points !!
and averse to truth !
can we have a rehabilitation center for them ?

Yeah. We need the ark of truth. lolz.
http://www.wikitvs.com/wp-content/uploads/stargate-the-ark-of-truth.jpg

ONUV
02-11-2012, 07:01 AM
If we romove TSA there will be no United States

:eek:

Tinnuhana
02-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Or maybe Wonder Woman's truth lasso?

Revolution0918
02-13-2012, 06:19 AM
you really need to freshen up your debate skills man, you could have put those basic 101 complaints away easy. Also, don't argue with ignorance, IF you describe and explain to him in a rational way all of those points ( your arguments are literally the first cm of the iceberg that sank the titanic, and sound that way as well) and he still won't leave the talking points alone, then move on. People cannot be convinced out of their dogmas if they have no reason, bcuz it is driven by pure emotion, and rather than think, they will simply get angry, call names, or dig deeper into their views.

EndTheFed
02-13-2012, 08:43 AM
you really need to freshen up your debate skills man, you could have put those basic 101 complaints away easy. Also, don't argue with ignorance, IF you describe and explain to him in a rational way all of those points ( your arguments are literally the first cm of the iceberg that sank the titanic, and sound that way as well) and he still won't leave the talking points alone, then move on. People cannot be convinced out of their dogmas if they have no reason, bcuz it is driven by pure emotion, and rather than think, they will simply get angry, call names, or dig deeper into their views.

And just how do you convince people.... Let's see your debate skills....

Let's see your answers...

Noblegeorge
02-13-2012, 10:02 AM
It is incredible how willfully ignorant some Americans are about foreign policy, blowback and exactly what the American government has been doing for the last 50 odd years.

Just sticking to the subject of Iran, you could cite the 290 innocent passengers of Iran Air Flight 655, a civilian airliner, which was shot down by the USS Vincennes in 1988 as one source of Iranian grievance towards the US. This was an act that occurred within Iranian waters and which the US government having later accepted responsibility for, then actually REFUSED to apologise. Imagine all the families that affected and the grievance that caused.

But thats just one small incident. Just watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ_HaA2GHvg

To someone who has all the information, blowback isnt even disputable. It is the only logical & reasonable explanation. Yeah there are islamic extremists who take the muslim message of killing the infidels at face value. But they would be a completely fringe group unable to mobilize in the modern day middle east, were it not for the interventionism of the US which has resulted in literally hundreds of thousands of innocent lives lost. Vengeance is a powerful motivational tool. Just point that out to them.

Oh and this article from just a few days ago. Doesnt this foreign policy seem to be creating more enemies?? How are acts like this contributing to the National Defence of the US?? And yeah, Pakistan DOES have nukes.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4115452/Pakistan-blasts-lethal-US-drone-attacks.html

SneakyFrenchSpy
02-13-2012, 12:22 PM
I don't know why but what annoyed me the most about this exchange (aside from the horrendous spelling), is the part about "TSA and Air-Traffic Controllers".

You can shut down that argument over the ATCs in 1 fell swoop:

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/privatize-the-faa/

Other than that it was a painful description of what goes on inside a lemming's intellect, but valiant effort on your part.

EndTheFed
02-13-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't know why but what annoyed me the most about this exchange (aside from the horrendous spelling)...

See my signature.... :D

John F Kennedy III
02-13-2012, 01:04 PM
This is what we have to deal with.. People who hold an opinion about everything without the proper research, think they know what world they live in, these people arethe bane of us all. And unfortunately, they are legion.

Sadly, that guy sounds like half the people on this board. Just in different areas.

pahs1994
02-13-2012, 01:56 PM
OMG this idiot is from Misericordia University. Right in my backyard. :(