PDA

View Full Version : A charitable Turkey Bomb on a Ron Paul Thanksgiving

tmg19103
11-12-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm liking a "Ron Paul Thanksgiving" that was brought up - assuming we can get enough press. I'm sure the campaign would be happy to have RP talk it up and put out press releases before and after.

This would be a charitable cause - which is part of RP's free market platform. Subsidies and other use of our tax dollars for the poor is a resditribution of or wealth without our say. Then what happens? The government is so bloated and so corrupt that our taxes go to rebuidling bridges we blew-up in Iraq, building ballistic missle defense sytems in Europe that anger Russia, while also using our taxes to prop up dictators - and the poor and homeless at home are virtually left out.

RP's idea is to end all this, we become wealthier without federal taxes (will still have state taxes) and are thus able to afford to give more directly to the community because we have more wealth. This wil be an example that this process can and will work that RP envisions.

Having all the MeetUp's march down in RP gear to food shelters across the nation on the day of or day before Thanksgiving with food (no chanting - just peaceful community service in RP garb) would send a great message. Each MeetUp could notify their local press.

How many other candidates have their supporters doings something charitable like this WHILE they in turn support the platform of their candidate!? We are giving now while being heavily taxed so we can give even more for future Thanksgivings when we are taxed far less under President Paul!

This would need a really nice website for the press to see and pledges to show support about donating food to the needy on Thanksgiving.

If every MeetUp gets involved we will have tens of thousands of pledges on the website (ideally a week or so before Thanksgiving so the press can be notified) and we demonstrate the true Hope for America that RP represents.

I would thing www.ronpaulthanksgiving.com or org is available.

Thoughts?

tmg19103
11-12-2007, 06:00 PM
BUMP - anybody hip to this idea, or I will let it die.

I think it would really put us in a good light with soocer moms and corporate dads while expalining RP's monetary policy and how lower taxes mean more charity.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 06:04 PM
I think it's a good idea but I probably couldn't do it.

Edward
11-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I've said elsewhere that I like the idea of food drives and toy drives. I think this would be great publicity to offset the "fringe" aspect of grassroots supporters. It might also make a small statement that people can take care of other people without government intervention.

Primbs
11-13-2007, 11:21 AM
We may need to set up our own independent Ron Paul Thanksgiving Day kitchen for homeless.

Many hotels and restaurants will be empty that day, so we could rent out space.

We can even feed the media for free to since they will be working covering those types of stories that day.

rp_thanks
11-15-2007, 09:40 AM
I would thing www.ronpaulthanksgiving.com or org is available.

Thoughts?

http://ronpaulthanksgiving.com

This site has been created - please spread the word.

Edward
11-15-2007, 09:55 AM
http://ronpaulthanksgiving.com

This site has been created - please spread the word.Great work! I've added it to my sig.

rp_thanks
11-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Great work! I've added it to my sig.

thank you, and if anyone is a digg user please digg it here:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Thanksgiving_Grassroots_Food_Drive

apc3161
11-15-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm in. I will be helping out this thanksgiving. We have to show people that private charity can do a better job than the government. This is what I previously wrote on Digg:

I pretty much have no choice to participate less i be labeled a hypocrite. I've talked about how the federal government should be very limited, and people always shoot back with, "what about the poor?" I then of course shoot back by saying that social security, welfare, Medicare, etc have done nothing to alleviate the problem. In fact, due to the incompetence of the federal government and their bureaucracy, they shouldn't be involved at all. The private market and the generosity of Americans can do a much better job.

Those who are well off have a moral obligation to help those in need, however I am against the government "forcing" me to help others. Therefore this Thanksgiving, I will make the choice to voluntary buy food and donate it to my local shelter.

Americans are very generous people. We have to show that with a limited federal government, those in need which actually be taken care of better than they are now, not because we have been forced to by government wealth redistribution programs, but because we choose to help others as it is the right thing to do.

Adam Smith
11-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I told my group about it. I will be participating. I signed up and all, so, yeah, I'm 'officially' in!

Edward
11-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Those who do not want to go door-to-door but want to contribute should be encouraged to pass along donations to their local Meetup. Cheers!

Lici
11-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm so glad people are still planning to participate! I've started a website to help organize future food drives. Check it out! We're already planning a Christmas food bomb! :)

http://www.freedomtogive.org

--Lici