PDA

View Full Version : Ron left of "counties won" map RCP

BUSHLIED
02-10-2012, 12:33 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/images/wysiwyg_images/maps.gif

The statement reads:
The GOP split is more speculative at that point. To see it, let’s examine a map of U.S. counties and how they have voted so far. Blue counties backed Romney, red backed Gingrich, green are for Santorum, while white have gone for some other candidate (or not yet voted).

Let's hope then that Ron is white going forward, LOL. But if anyone knows how to fill in the counties Ron won and repost that would be cool. You can start to see a "region" battle going on...just like in 2008 but without McCain running the states.

I suppose some of the good news is that Santorum has yet to win a county in the South (SC and FL) or the Northeast (NH) and Gingrich has only won 2 counties outside of the South. Romney and Paul obviously have won counties in multiple states across a few regions.

Ron won 2 counties in NV (Southwest), 1 county in NH (Northeast), 4 counties in MN (Midwest), and 16 counties in IA (Midwest). 23 counties total across 4 states. Nothing in the South for Paul. I suppose LA he will do well.

My sense is that states where Gingrich wins, Ron will do poorly.

SCOTUSman
02-10-2012, 12:35 AM
LOL "some other candidate" Wow.....eff them. I think besides one or two counties, the only other person to win a county was Perry in Iowa.

BUSHLIED
02-10-2012, 12:37 AM
LOL "some other candidate" Wow.....eff them. I think besides one or two counties, the only other person to win a county was Perry in Iowa.
Perry won two counties in IA and I don't think Huntsman won in NH. Perhaps there were a few PCTs that Huntsman won in NH.

tremendoustie
02-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Perry won two counties in IA and I think Huntsman won one or two counties in NH. Perhaps that was PCT for HUntsman in NH.

No, in NH RP won coos (shown here in white), and Romney won all other counties.

SCOTUSman
02-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Perry won two counties in IA and I don't think Huntsman won in NH. Perhaps there were a few PCTs that Huntsman won in NH.

Huntsman won some precincts....not a county. Paul won one county in NH, won 2 in Nevada, 4 in Minnesota, and I believe 19 in Iowa. Something like that...that is off the top of my head.

SCOTUSman
02-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Wonder if RP takes Maine..and all but one or two counties if they will keep it white lol.