PDA

View Full Version : Cafferty: "Dean won Iowa and then immediately swallowed a hand grenade..."

Starks
11-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Jack has knack for making great one-liners...

ItsTime
11-12-2007, 05:44 PM
they also showed the poll where Ron Paul is at 7% in New Hampshire :D

Cowlesy
11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Cafferty is now my favorite reporter.

I should walk over to CNN sometime and shake his hand. I am pretty sure he works out of the NY bureau.

RockEnds
11-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Dean placed 3rd in Iowa.

FluxCapacitor
11-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Indeed, Dean didn't win Iowa. He placed 3rd. I was in the midst of a long stretch of voter apathy in 2004 - I just woke up a few weeks ago. The only reason I know that Dean placed 3rd in Iowa is because I looked him up on Wikipedia when I heard people mention him in the same sentence as Ron Paul.

Dean may have had his heart in the right place. Alot of the politicians are phonies. Some of them mean well, and I give them the benefit of the doubt. But they're just arguing over which parts of the Constitution they'd rather violate. Dean didn't offer anything different - the policies he advocated were typical big government programs. His rhetoric on the war was refreshing to alot of people, but he didn't have a consistent philosophy to back up his views.

Goldwater Conservative
11-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Whenever this comes up, by the way, remind people that Ron Paul is polling like Kerry was, not like Dean was.