PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Military Refusing Orders from Obama, and suing?

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-09-2012, 10:00 PM
http://www.rtr.org/videos/14777/39666/breaking-news-us-military-refus#.TzSOeNkKl3U.facebook

Student Of Paulism
02-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Wow...this could be the start of the true awakening and revolt

*calls Glenn Beck and asks to stay in his secret shelter*

ssjevot
02-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Can we please stop posting the crazy fringe conspiracy theory stuff on these boards?

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Can we please stop posting the crazy fringe conspiracy theory stuff on these boards?

I believe the question mark at the end of the title. Left room for criticism and open-minded discussion.

Can we please stop being close-minded?

PierzStyx
02-09-2012, 10:05 PM

Wo/Man there was a time when these boards were nothing BUT crazy conspiracy stuff.

flightlesskiwi
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
dang. i enjoyed the ending.

people stand up for what they believe. nothing wrong with that.

Lishy
02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
This is so 2009...

Vanilluxe
02-09-2012, 10:13 PM
I would ignore this, it gives birthers creditts and discredit us ron paul supporters. Donald Trump can take care of those issues while we stay on track to get Ron Paul to the White House!

ssjevot
02-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Wo/Man there was a time when these boards were nothing BUT crazy conspiracy stuff.

There is a reason I didn't post here in 2008. I used the meetups then, but this time around the meetups seem to be a poor way to keep up on things.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-09-2012, 10:18 PM
I would ignore this, it gives birthers creditts and discredit us ron paul supporters. Donald Trump can take care of those issues while we stay on track to get Ron Paul to the White House!

I wouldn't ignore this. I just wouldn't make this a large focus. The birther conspiracy does have some credibility, with the recent events and evidence. If the U.S. Military is truly doing this, it's perhaps doubt on their end, to continue accepting orders until concrete proof is provided of eligibility.

Vanilluxe
02-09-2012, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't ignore this. I just wouldn't make this a large focus. The birther conspiracy does have some credibility, with the recent events and evidence. If the U.S. Military is truly doing this, it's perhaps doubt on their end, to continue accepting orders until concrete proof is provided of eligibility.

You know independents would react to this in a negative way, especially us supporters are painted as crazy cultists and the media will surely smack us as proof that we are racist and it will give legitimacy to the newsletters if we take this route.

Vanilluxe
02-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I personally think that these birther stuff is stupid and we know better, we had been through the newsletters and the Jon Huntsman Youtube ad, and we should keep focusing on REAL issues.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-09-2012, 10:27 PM
You know independents would react to this in a negative way, especially us supporters are painted as crazy cultists and the media will surely smack us as proof that we are racist and it will give legitimacy to the newsletters if we take this route.

I'm not afraid to discuss it. It should just not be a major focus, as I said.

Vanilluxe
02-09-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm not afraid to discuss it. It should just not be a major focus, as I said.

I believe that if we discuss this then the other side will have legitimacy to discuss Ron Paul's newsletter problem, and it won't be pretty. Obama is born in Hawaii and is a natural born citizen, the Hawaiian state government and the governor confirms this as true, lets just leave it and not give Donald Trump credibility.

Miss Annie
02-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Yea, the video is from 2009. Follow the link to youube and check the upload date.
I know,... sad and disappointing it didn't have legs. :(

libertarian4321
02-10-2012, 12:57 AM

The US Military isn't "doing this."

There have been a couple of soldiers used the birther conspiracy theory to avoid deployment.

The Lieutenant mentioned in your link (the story is 2-years old, btw) is hardly representative of military officers.

He was a 40-year old just-turned 1st Lieutenant (most 1LT's are in their early 20s). Basically, this guy was a civilian who had some sort of college degree, went to basic training, then became a 90-day wonder (OCS).

FYI, OCS guys don't get the kind of training that Academy or even ROTC officers get, and this guy was the lamest of OCS types (most OCS grads are NCOs who are at least experienced soldiers- this guy basically went from civilian to low-level military officer in a matter of weeks).

So it's not surprising that he doesn't know how the Army works.

He was never given orders by Obama. He was given orders by his superior officers. If he refuses to obey them, he will be rightfully punished according to the UCMJ.

I think a total of 3 commissioned officers have been involved in Orly Taitz's jihad. That's 3 out of hundreds of thousands.

And I don't think any of them was regular Army. There was this 90-day wonder, another Reservist Major (probably looking for an excuse to avoid deployment), and a very overweight Army Reservist female doctor (that's the lowest possible rank for a doctor in the military- I suspect she milked the Army for college money, and was looking for a way out of her obligation)- who later claimed that she wanted nothing to do with Taitz.

Not exactly representative of a wave of military personnel/officers going "birther" and refusing orders.

There are always soldiers who will try to avoid deployment, especially among reservists. Sometimes they come up with novel excuses for not doing their job (after years of collecting checks). I suspect this "birther" stuff is just one more thing the malingerers can try to use to avoid deployment, but it probably won't work.

We that serve are supposed to obey the officers appointed over us, and they obey the civilian government (Congress and the President). We as soldiers don't get to pick and choose when we want to deploy. That is why it is so important that we choose good civilian leadership that won't send soldiers into stupid wars.

flightlesskiwi
02-10-2012, 10:30 AM
We that serve are supposed to obey the officers appointed over us, and they obey the civilian government (Congress and the President). We as soldiers don't get to pick and choose when we want to deploy. That is why it is so important that we choose good civilian leadership that won't send soldiers into stupid wars.

What a great responsibility for us in the military. Not only do we have to fight our nation's wars, but should an unconstitutional (and therefore illegal) order be issued from the government, we are required to be knowledgeable of the Constitution enough to detect it, and courageous enough to refuse to follow it. It's noteworthy that Article VI did not include an exception for inconvenience as a result.

http://www.pickyourbattles.net/2011/06/who-interprets-constitution-for-you.html

to be clear: i'm not defending Taitz.