PDA

View Full Version : What Web Traffic Says About the 2008 Race

LibertyOfOne
11-12-2007, 05:36 PM
http://www.blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2007/11/12/what-web-traffic-says-about-the-state-of-the-2008-race.aspx

1. Ron Paul is really, really popular online--but online popularity still doesn't mean much at the polls. Paul's campaign site attracted the most unique visitors (349,398) in October, or 27,000 more than the next closest candidate, Hillary Clinton. The only problem for Paul? Clinton is the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination; he's currently polling at four percent.

Ron Paul in 2008
11-12-2007, 05:59 PM
What do they mean by unique visitors? People who have never visited before?

hard@work
11-12-2007, 06:01 PM
What do they mean by unique visitors? People who have never visited before?

Unique visits or "uniques" are individual IP addresses from separate inquiries. That is, different browsers hitting the site. Hits is how many times anything "hits" the site. The goal is to get the most "uniques" or "unique IPs" to hit your site as those are considered to be separate individuals.

The amount of uniques in question here is staggering.

Ron Paul in 2008
11-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Unique visits or "uniques" are individual IP addresses from separate inquiries. That is, different browsers hitting the site. Hits is how many times anything "hits" the site. The goal is to get the most "uniques" or "unique IPs" to hit your site as those are considered to be separate individuals.

The amount of uniques in question here is staggering.

I check Paul's website once a day so I am a unique visitor?

Jodi
11-12-2007, 09:03 PM

I believe for only the first time you went to the site. All other visit do not count.

derdy
11-12-2007, 09:14 PM

Depends on the time-frame being measured. In this case, "site attracted the most unique visitors (349,398) in October." So it only counted you once for the month of October.

nexus7
11-12-2007, 10:22 PM
http://www.blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2007/11/12/what-web-traffic-says-about-the-state-of-the-2008-race.aspx

1. Ron Paul is really, really popular online--but online popularity still doesn't mean much at the polls. Paul's campaign site attracted the most unique visitors (349,398) in October, or 27,000 more than the next closest candidate, Hillary Clinton. The only problem for Paul? Clinton is the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination; he's currently polling at four percent.

I don't believe these fake polls which leave him out as a choice, which have him at 4 and 5 percent. He is higher than that as his straw polling proves.

Primbs
11-13-2007, 12:37 PM
The election is not today. We still have some time to increase Ron Paul poll numbers.

Of course we need a committed volunteer base and good fundraising to make that happen.

We are on track to make this happen because the campaign is catching on.