PDA

View Full Version : Lack of ads could put Romney in jeopardy of Ron Paul victory in Maine

sailingaway
02-09-2012, 06:57 PM
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/09/politics/lack-of-ads-could-put-romney-in-jeopardy-of-ron-paul-victory-in-maine/

or that's Romney's excuse although he is doing two cable buys this weekend.

He says he put no energy into maine but he has been going there for YEARS and supporting all their legislators with funding, like in New Hampshire. He's had tons of proxies there for him and definitely has GOTV etc. And he won with over 50% last time. It is going to be TOUGH to beat him, particularly now that he is 'paying attention'.

seapilot
02-09-2012, 07:10 PM
I am hoping that RP skipping Florida to Campaign in Maine pays off in beating Romney. Romney I think is getting there too late as a lot of the caucuses already had there straw poll. He is only there to save himself embarrassment from losing to Santorum. If he had won 2 of those states he probably would not be in Maine. Come on Maine make a name for yourself, be the state that gets Ron his first win and deal another blow to stumbling Romney campaign.

sailingaway
02-09-2012, 07:16 PM
The ones on Saturday are huge though, and dwarf the others. This is going to be down to the wire.

tennman
02-09-2012, 07:19 PM
So the Maine caucuses go several days. Is that what I'm supposed to get from this? I don't get it. If that's the case....then there's not a winner yet, right? I'm not going to wake up to some headline about Santorum winning but then come here and read that it's really some weird delegate thing and Ron Paul supposedly got more but didn't get the headlines.....right?

wgadget
02-09-2012, 07:20 PM
7 days, to be more specific.

alucard13mmfmj
02-09-2012, 07:21 PM
yeah the ones on saturday are huge. >.< they could render the previous small caucuses less important.

wgadget
02-09-2012, 07:21 PM
My GOD, the media would have a field day if lowly RON PAUL beat the "frontrunner."

roversaurus
02-09-2012, 07:23 PM
My GOD, the media would have a field day if lowly RON PAUL beat the "frontrunner."

They might. But we won't beat him if we don't work hard.

Margo37
02-09-2012, 07:33 PM

Then we'd hear that 2nd and 3rd were so much more important, shown with appropriate photos of course of only the two.

Okie RP fan
02-09-2012, 07:36 PM
I just hope our ground game is really getting to it there.

It may be Maine, but a win is a win that we will take.

Lord Xar
02-09-2012, 07:39 PM
My fear is that the party apparatus already knows the count of the already held caucus's. They just have to make sure Mitt beats those expectations on Saturday. They probably have been in contact with his campaign and they know how hard to push and where precisely to put their monies (though that is obvious at this time).

Monotaur
02-09-2012, 07:40 PM
I've been kind of out of the loop on Maine. Is PfH calling into Maine right now?

ItsTime
02-09-2012, 07:42 PM
My fear is that the party apparatus already knows the count of the already held caucus's. They just have to make sure Mitt beats those expectations on Saturday. They probably have been in contact with his campaign and they know how hard to push and where precisely to put their monies (though that is obvious at this time).

Mitt was expected to win Westbrook, he won in 08 by a lot, he just got hammered in a landslide by Paul. The tide is turning, we could very well win Maine.

openfire
02-09-2012, 07:43 PM

Nope, I saw one of the pundits last night say that if Ron Paul wins Maine, they just take it out. ;)

ItsTime
02-09-2012, 07:44 PM
and FYI I have inside info that Paul will be speaking at one of the largest caucuses in Maine on Saturday.

wgadget
02-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Well, if that's the case, it's no wonder Ron is no hurry to get there.

wgadget
02-09-2012, 07:45 PM
and FYI I have inside info that Paul will be speaking at one of the largest caucuses in Maine on Saturday.

Saturday is basically after the fact, which is the problem.

alucard13mmfmj
02-09-2012, 07:46 PM
btw.. if Ron paul wins the GOP nomination...... does that mean Iowa is discedited? LOLZ. I still want to rub it into Iowa if their winner doesnt win the GOP or presidency.

ItsTime
02-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Saturday is basically after the fact, which is the problem.

Agreed, Im talking to people in maine trying to get them to get hold of the campaign and get him there TOMORROW.

sailingaway
02-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Of course they do. And Romney's running ads and going in person and calling in all the favors and donations he's given and those politicians are stumping for him....

We aren't under the radar at this point, it is a flat out race in the open.

wgadget
02-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Well, there are two conflicting news stories: One says he'll be there Friday, while the other says Saturday.

ItsTime
02-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Well, there are two conflicting news stories: One says he'll be there Friday, while the other says Saturday.

Well both could be possible. I have not heard back from my contact in maine. Ill update you when I do.

seapilot
02-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Mitt was expected to win Westbrook, he won in 08 by a lot, he just got hammered in a landslide by Paul. The tide is turning, we could very well win Maine.

Yes! Have a good feeling about this one. There is blood in the water with a splashing flailing Romney campaign and I am sure the people in Maine know it.

sailingaway
02-09-2012, 07:50 PM

\yes, that happens.

wgadget
02-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Both Friday AND Saturday would be sweet.

sailingaway
02-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Yes! Have a good feeling about this one. There is blood in the water with an splashing Romney campaign and I am sure the people in Maine know it.

that works both ways, though. Those who want Mitt to win aren't taking it for granted he will, either.

ItsTime
02-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Yes! Have a good feeling about this one. There is blood in the water with a splashing flailing Romney campaign and I am sure the people in Maine know it.

A lot of Mitts support will go to frothy. We NEED TO TURN OUT THE VOTE.

seawolf
02-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Ron should be in Maine NOW working hard to nail Romney's coffin shut and secure our first Victory. Why he is not there until Saturday is a mystery someone in the Campaign has to answer.

Everyone I have talked too is stunned with the Maine Strategy by Ron.

Ethek
02-09-2012, 08:26 PM
I think too many are seeing conspiracy when there is none. I can't say for sure how it will unfold. The Voter ID and GOTV is top notch. Try to relax. Ron Paul being here on Friday will do nothing but distract from GOTV on people that have been identified.

Ron has excellent support here.

Feelgood
02-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Love it!

CTRattlesnake
02-09-2012, 08:39 PM

Link to this?

Suzu
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Agreed, Im talking to people in maine trying to get them to get hold of the campaign and get him there TOMORROW.If the caucus he's to speak at is Saturday, pray tell why he needs to be there on Friday?