PDA

View Full Version : Further evidence that Dr. Paul is catching on!!!

bgky4paul
11-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Over the weekend, our meetup group put up a booth during the tailgating party at our local university. We got a great response. One guy came up to the booth, wearing a Huckabee shirt. Turns out, he's the hot dog vendor down the block from my office. He complimented our efforts, and even said he doesn't agree with any of Huck's positions, he just hates the rest so much he wanted to support someone he could respect. I told him if he would take a slim-jim, I would come down on Monday, get a dog, and we would talk. Well, I kept up my end of the bargain. He now says he is leaning toward Dr. Paul and will definitely support him if Huck doesn't make it.

While we were chatting, a regular customer approached. The vendor pointed to me and introduced me to the man as a Ron Paul supporter. Turns out, this man is a Democrat operative hired by our newly elected governor to run his campaign in our county. The man nodded and smiled at my introduction. You could see the respect in his attitude. He commented that he had been in Iowa recently, and, "It takes a top-tier Democrat to get a bigger crowd than Ron Paul."

It just keeps growing and growing folks. Continue to fight the good fight!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

piotr1
11-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Whooooaaaa.... good story. I love these kind of stories. Anyone got anymore to share? 8)

kylejack
11-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm tellin ya.

Arklatex
11-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Well, I called a friend of mine I hadn't talked to awhile. We have never talked politics, but amazingly he's a big RP supporter. Made me feel good at least.

I have two blue RP bumper stickers the truck, I notice people's attention to them. Someone noted to me that Ron Paul sticker and signs are the only he's seen, and this is Little Rock, AR! Hilary doesn't have much of a showing.

wsc321
11-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I'll give three examples that happened to us (wife and I) recently:

1) Steak salesman shows up at the door. I had no money, but saw an opportunity. I said, "Yeah - I just don't have any money right now. You probably heard about the Ron Paul money bomb a few days ago, right?" I was thinking I'd take the opportunity to let him know about Dr. Paul... but he said, "Oh yeah... I'm reading about him all the time. He's the only one for me!"

2) My wife loves to go around to garage sales. But she also loves to paint up our car/van windows (using white shoe polish) with stuff like "JUST CONSIDER RON PAUL!" or "SAVE THE CONSTITUTION = RON PAUL", etc. Anyway... she had the former on the van and when she pulled up to this lady's house the lady looked at her and said "I Will!" They started chatting about the economy (the lady is in real estate) and she gave my wife her personal email address and asked for Ron Paul info!

3) One of my best friends, who can be really stubborn, told me months ago, "Ah... controversy sells, and Ron Paul is just selling controversy". I disagreed, made a few points, and dropped it. A few weeks ago he called me and said, "As of right now, I'm voting for Ron Paul!"

I'm tellin' ya... he's catchin' on!

torchbearer
11-12-2007, 06:37 PM
he's catchin' on!

bomybomy
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
In my neighborhood, there are only 2 presidential signs...both are Ron Paul! Plus I've seen Ron Paul vs. all other bumper stickers/shoe polish on cars at about 8 vs. 2

Adamsa
11-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Great story!

Marceline88
11-12-2007, 07:13 PM
"I takes a top tier Democrat to draw a bigger crowd than Ron Paul."

Wow, that should be our slogan or something. That is the proof in the pudding that says only he can contend with the Dem nominee in the General.

lastnymleft
11-12-2007, 07:26 PM
1) Steak salesman shows up at the door.

You have door-to-door steak salesmen where you live? Wow. You mean, they actually bring the meat around with them, or is it you are just subscribing for a meat delivery. Either way, I'm stunned.

Well, if there's a market there for it, I'm sure the good doctor would endorse it!

inibo
11-12-2007, 08:33 PM
A woman I date from time to time was leaning toward Obama a few months back. I told her I was supporting Ron Paul and why, but I didn't push it. We didn't see each other for several weeks. The next time I was with her was shortly after Clinton, Obama and Edwards refused to commit to having troops out of Iraq by 2013. She told me she was very disappointed about it. We talked for a few hours about politics, economics and foreign policy (did I mention I really love intelligent women?). I showed her some youtube videos. Stop Dreaming (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8) was the one that opened her eyes (thank you, Avaroth, you rock!). She ended up donating $100.00 that night.

While all that was going on her daughter was boasting how she was going to vote for Gravel. I complimented her on having convictions (this will be her first time voting) and told her whoever she supports she should work hard for them because people need to be involved when so much is at stake. Funny thing, though, she was listening to everything her mother and I were talking about and watching over our shoulders as we watch the youtubes.

Cut to this past Saturday, my girlfriend, along her daughter and son (all three now registered as Republicans) were in Philly at the rally. My girlfriend, who is not a very demonstrative person, was whooping and hollering with the best of them and telling me to hold my sign up higher. She even grabbed it from me a few times and started waving it herself.

While we were walking around after the rally looking for some place to eat a girl about the age of my girlfriend's daughter saw my sign and said "Who is Ron Paul." My girlfriend's daughter looked at her and said "He's awesome!"

He's catchin' on. I'm tellin' ya!