PDA

View Full Version : Calm down

CTRattlesnake
02-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Most of Maine has already voted, Romney is about a week too late. He may get some extra votes, but the majority of people have already cast their ballots.

Nothing he...or RP can do about those votes now.

RonPaul101.com
02-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Most of the caucuses by geographical measure, but there are a LOT of votes that will come out of Portland Saturday morning.

wgadget
02-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Except for Portland, the biggest city in Maine.

Or so I've heard.

Sigh.

02-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Correct. 1/3 or more of the population of ME lives in the greater portland area and they vote Saturday.

jbuttell
02-09-2012, 03:07 PM
calm down about what? having trouble figuring out what happened.. bad results so far? Thought Saturday was day we'd get results?

bbartlog
02-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Most of Maine has already voted, Romney is about a week too late. He may get some extra votes, but the majority of people have already cast their ballots.

Nothing he...or RP can do about those votes now.

I agree that Romney is late to the game and that any ads he buys now are a poor substitute for a proper ID-and-GOTV operation like we have. However, he has a wider natural base of support within the GOP than we do and the difference between our current vote total and his may be small. So... there is not *much* he or we can do but the little that there is could be quite crucial.

ChrisDixon
02-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Keep the faith guys. This is very much still winnable. We're looking good going into the weekend.

cdc482
02-09-2012, 04:07 PM
portland

unknown
02-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Yah spoke to a couple people while doing PFH that said they had already voted.

PaleoPaul
02-09-2012, 04:12 PM
We were only a few hundred votes behind Moot Gingrich in Nevada.

EVERY vote counts.

VictorB
02-09-2012, 04:15 PM
We should be in Portland and surrounding area Thursday-Saturday. That would guarantee a victory. I hope that the campaign changes it's mind and goes to Maine tomorrow.

RonPaul101.com
02-09-2012, 04:16 PM
calm down about what? having trouble figuring out what happened.. bad results so far? Thought Saturday was day we'd get results?

This conflict on the RPF today is because Romney is campaigning in Maine tomorrow, Paul is in Texas resting right now. (allegedly)

I must say as long as Paul arrives by Friday night and can be ready to work it on Saturday, this shouldn't be the end of the world. For example, 1 caucus occurs Friday, one. And in 2008 it got about 10 votes cast, we got 1 vote there. So missing that contest is far from devastating. Even today, 3 caucuses and yet the votes cast in 2008 total about 80 votes for the three, so again (hopefully) not critical.

However Saturday's voting will likely cast 1,000 votes, possibly more. Making it some 20%+ (ballpark) of the votes cast in the state. Saturday is a can't miss day if you have any hope to win Maine.

So folks, myself included, are being critcal of Paul not being in Maine directly from Minnesota, mostly because it doesn't sound like it's enough of a priority with the campaign.

Liberty74
02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
This conflict on the RPF today is because Romney is campaigning in Maine tomorrow, Paul is in Texas resting right now. (allegedly)

Paul is in TX according to his interview with Wolf on CNN. Ron was in the infamous behind the bookcase room.

moonshine5757
02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
yup every vote counts. these things aren't decided by millions of votes. usually it takes just a thousand or two, or even as small as hundreds of votes to decide. the calm down, nothing to see here, all is okay stuff is in my opinion, junk.

Sean
02-09-2012, 04:24 PM

I must say as long as Paul arrives by Friday night and can be ready to work it on Saturday, this shouldn't be the end of the world. For example, 1 caucus occurs Friday, one. And in 2008 it got about 10 votes cast, we got 1 vote there. So missing that contest is far from devastating. Even today, 3 caucuses and yet the votes cast in 2008 total about 80 votes for the three, so again (hopefully) not critical.

However Saturday's voting will likely cast 1,000 votes, possibly more. Making it some 20%+ (ballpark) of the votes cast in the state. Saturday is a can't miss day if you have any hope to win Maine.

So folks, myself included, are being critcal of Paul not being in Maine directly from Minnesota, mostly because it doesn't sound like it's enough of a priority with the campaign.

1 caucus is perfect for a grassroots effort with a candidate. Could you imagine how many crucial votes Ron Paul could secure if he was there hours before the caucus. Look get Ron Paul on a bus go door to door down streets and get other supporters on the bus with Ron Paul. Head to a caucus that had only 10 voters in 2008 with 50 to 100 Ron Paul votes in 2012. A couple days of doing that and the campaign could pick up a few hundred crucial votes in small caucuses.