PDA

View Full Version : How about a new strategy? Stop surrendering in some states even before the vote.

dirtdigger
02-09-2012, 01:22 PM
RP's campaign is not doing its job.

(1) The campaign needs to put up a very strong fight in EVERY single state. Even if it means a loss in some state, the other candidates should be made to fight for a win.

(2) The campaign also needs to STOP aiming for the second place finish.

(3) The campaign needs to start sending out very strong messages on the issues that fired up the tea party - Wall Street bailout, Auto industry bailout and individual mandate. Strong message means being identified as the person representing an issue AND not allowing anyone else to claim this mantle.

(4) REPEATEDLY speak on electability of RP and the unelectable situation of other candidates.

LineHogs
02-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Ron Paul wasn't going to win Florida. Romney spent 15 million there and Gingrich 3 million. I suppose it Pal were to spend 50 million he might have won a few delgates but that money is better spent in caucuss states. He is aiming for the 2nd place finish because of delegates. His on;y chance to win this thing is to push it toward a split convention. It's a good strategy and the best available.

BUSHLIED
02-12-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree with the sentiment expressed in your OP but probably for a different reason. I can only speak for myself personally. If Ron and his campaign apparatus wants to retain supporter in the future, presumably for a Rand ticket or even just $$ to fund liberty organizations, he has to put up a fight and attack Obama and the other candidates on their records. Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich are all doing it...after all the grassroots has had to endure alot, particularly from the gop establishment and msm, we want some blood. Otherwise, I can see some disenchantment develop and people drop off and become disaffected again...

The Binghamton Patriot
02-12-2012, 10:45 PM
I agree with the sentiment expressed in your OP but probably for a different reason. I can only speak for myself personally. If Ron and his campaign apparatus wants to retain supporter in the future, presumably for a Rand ticket or even just $$ to fund liberty organizations, he has to put up a fight and attack Obama and the other candidates on their records. Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich are all doing it...after all the grassroots has had to endure alot, particularly from the gop establishment and msm, we want some blood. Otherwise, I can see some disenchantment develop and people drop off and become disaffected again...

well said +rep

jemuf
02-13-2012, 12:17 AM
"the grassroots has had to endure alot"?

Really? What stage have any of you stood on and been publicly mocked on an international scale...again, and again, and again, and again?

I do agree with all 4 points made by the OP though. The Paul campaign doesn't have to spend much money in expensive, winner-take-all states, but it should never tip the hat and reveal that it's not going to compete.

I think the campaign should tell a white lie and say "Ya, we're competing." And then if it's questioned about not competing forcefully it should say "What are you talking about? We're competing. We're doing the best we can."

maxxgraphix
02-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Just found out that Paul will NOT be campaigning in Ohio either! WTF? Newt has been here, Santorum has been here, now Romney is here. No Paul. It's 66 delegates on Super Tuesday. Even Obama has been here. From what I'm seeing, Paul is not winning the repblican base.
The super brochure has been condemded. They says it's too much and confuses people.
Issues on Foriegn policy have been a total turn off. Same with the drug wars. They way it looks he will NOT get these typical republican votes unless he won the nomination. At this rate, I'm doubting it. I guess America is screwed.

LibertyEagle
02-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Just found out that Paul will NOT be campaigning in Ohio either! WTF? Newt has been here, Santorum has been here, now Romney is here. No Paul. It's 66 delegates on Super Tuesday. Even Obama has been here. From what I'm seeing, Paul is not winning the repblican base.
The super brochure has been condemded. They says it's too much and confuses people.
Issues on Foriegn policy have been a total turn off. Same with the drug wars. They way it looks he will NOT get these typical republican votes unless he won the nomination. At this rate, I'm doubting it. I guess America is screwed.

It takes money and lots of it.

Just recently the campaign asked us for 5 million dollars. I'm not even sure if we got it to 2 million.

So, they have to focus on the states where they believe they can get the biggest bang for the buck.

rp08orbust
02-21-2012, 08:51 AM
It takes money and lots of it.

Just recently the campaign asked us for 5 million dollars. I'm not even sure if we got it to 2 million.

So, they have to focus on the states where they believe they can get the biggest bang for the buck.

I think they might have had the $5 million if they had won the Maine straw poll, which they could have easily done with a bit more effort. The same goes for the Ames straw poll. They seem to have a habit of underestimating what it takes to win in places where they can win. I sure hope they aren't set to repeat this pattern in Washington (now that they're being called the "frontrunner" there)--their new ad in the relatively unwindable state of MI makes me wonder. When they think it will take X amount of money and effort to win a contest, they need to start spending 2X; they will make back the extra X spent when they actually win.

TheViper
02-21-2012, 09:07 AM
RP's campaign is not doing its job.

(1) The campaign needs to put up a very strong fight in EVERY single state. Even if it means a loss in some state, the other candidates should be made to fight for a win.

(2) The campaign also needs to STOP aiming for the second place finish.

(3) The campaign needs to start sending out very strong messages on the issues that fired up the tea party - Wall Street bailout, Auto industry bailout and individual mandate. Strong message means being identified as the person representing an issue AND not allowing anyone else to claim this mantle.

(4) REPEATEDLY speak on electability of RP and the unelectable situation of other candidates.

Campaign hard in every state takes vastly more money than Dr. Paul gets or ever will get.

The strategy that they currently employ is absolutely by far the best. It's intelligent, shrewd, plays to Dr. Paul's strength and is the best means to getting the nomination in the end. Gaining delegates instead of straw votes.

Are we not winning the PR battle? No, we're not and we can't win that battle either. Too much money needed.
Romney has $250 million of his own money to work with if he needs it. He also holds fundraisers that cost thousands of dollars per plate. He also has Wall Street funding him.

Gingrich has the support of a billionaire ($25 billion in fact) who will throw upwards of $100 million to finance his campaign.

Santorum has the hard right religious vote. These people give God money every Sunday and now Santorum is getting a slice of God's tithe.

When you can't fight an enemy directly on their terms, you game the system, play to your strengths and don't compromise.