PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey last state for primary-If candidate has needed delegates why vote?

demian6801
02-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Before people start killing me….I am new to paying attention to politics and truly hope Ron Paul gets the nomination. In the event he does not and one of the three stooges is the likely candidate, why should I volunteer and vote for him? I am a New Jersey resident and our primary is in June, by then things will be more than likely to be wrapped up. I understand that 1144 delegates are needed for the nomination but what is the purpose of getting delegates if you are not the nominee?

RonPaul101.com
02-10-2012, 12:26 PM
If you believe NJ is too late (and I'm not taking fault with that in this reply) you need to understand why we are still having such a tough time in 2012, and how to prevent that for 2016...2020...

The party needs to be rebuilt from the ground up and the basic building block is for Ron Paul Republicans to get into politics as County Committee Members, and beyond. We don't know what we don't know, and perhaps a ground game even in NJ could help the Liberty movement in a way we haven't identified yet. The important part is if we do nothing and wonder why once again we got screwed, then we will continue to get screwed.

If you think NJ could come into play as I do (a brokered convention) then you really need to get involved.

demian6801
02-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Thank you for the response and putting some light on if for me. This is the first election that I have spent time researching the process and paid attention to the primary. I see you are also a NJ resident, is there anything currently being done in NJ to show support?

RonPaul101.com
02-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Sure, depends on your area of the state. What city and county are you from?

Mark37snj
02-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Things will not be wrapped up before NJ votes. The nominee will not be determined until the convention in Florida. I would suggest you join one the the New Jersey Meetup Groups in your area. The good news is that the weather gets better at the same time we get more active.

VoluntaryAmerican
02-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Before people start killing me….I am new to paying attention to politics and truly hope Ron Paul gets the nomination. In the event he does not and one of the three stooges is the likely candidate, why should I volunteer and vote for him? I am a New Jersey resident and our primary is in June, by then things will be more than likely to be wrapped up. I understand that 1144 delegates are needed for the nomination but what is the purpose of getting delegates if you are not the nominee?

Pennsylvania is coming up sooner than ours and they need help (activist wise). I may head up there for awhile and help them out (as should you)!

RonPaul101.com
02-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Definitely, PA is late April, Maryland is April 3rd (northern MD is only 30 mins from the Delaware Memorial Bridge in NJ), and Virginia is March 6th.

demian6801
02-15-2012, 09:23 AM
I live in Delran Nj with on the river. I can see Pa from my back yard. Where can I find where and when the meet up groups are?

demian6801
02-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Things will not be wrapped up before NJ votes. The nominee will not be determined until the convention in Florida. I would suggest you join one the the New Jersey Meetup Groups in your area. The good news is that the weather gets better at the same time we get more active.

I live in Delran Nj with on the river. I can see Pa from my back yard. Where can I find where and when the meet up groups are?

specsaregood
02-15-2012, 09:28 AM

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-201/
and more active not entirely "ron paul" but closely affiliated and most of the organizers are the same:
http://www.meetup.com/SouthJerseyJBS/

RonPaul101.com
02-15-2012, 10:03 AM

I am an organizer on the South Jersey RP Meetup and the Burlington County RP meetup. PM me if you want more info on Burlington county RP events and info.