PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Flyer & trailer sign made by homeschool family.

Seek_Truth
02-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Heres the flyer the family of 10 passed out in South Carolina a few weeks ago.
The picture is the sign they made and put on their trailer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why I (as a Christian) am Voting For Ron Paul
http://christianwarmongers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/paul-sign-300x225.jpg
The Republican primary has me thinking.

I firmly believe that it is the hypocrisy of those who call themselves Christians that has brought our nation to the state it is in today. The following seem to be the prevailing sentiments among most evangelicals in America.

“We are pro-life. Children are a gift from God. But, don’t touch our birth control pills, condoms, etc.. I mean, we don’t want too many children—God wants us to be wise enough to know how many we can afford.”

“We are against the welfare state. It steals from one citizen and gives to another. But, we’ll send our children to the public school system—supported of course, by forced taxation.”

“We believe what the Bible says about the distinct roles of men and women. But, a woman shouldn’t have to submit to her husband and keep the home—She can pursue a career or rule over men by holding political office.”

“Sodomites should be banned from the military—they’ll sexualize our troops. But fornicators, adulterers, and women, of course, can join their ranks.”

“Jesus said ‘love your enemies, do good to them that hate you’. But, if our enemy is a Muslim (a.k.a. terrorist), it is perfectly alright to torture and/or kill him—or her.”

“This country began as a Christian nation. Our founding fathers were God-fearing men who gave us our Constitution—‘one of the greatest documents known to mankind’. But, if it makes us feel safer, we don’t mind our fellow countrymen killing and being killed in an unconstitutional war.”

“We love truth and want to uphold truth. But, if you offer a statement that makes us uncomfortable, we’ll ignore you, or even better—we’ll call you a ‘nut’. We won’t bother to give any serious study to find out if what you are saying is actually truth.”

And the list could go on and on. How unfortunate that people who claim to be Bible-believers and Christ-followers will vote for the “lesser of two evils”, just to avoid a Democrat being president. It is no wonder Evangelical Christianity is the laughingstock of the world. I’m writing this as an apology of sorts and to let people know that some Christians are not blind to the facts.

I am voting for Ron Paul, not because I think he’s a wonderful man. He may or may not be. I am voting for Ron Paul, because I believe in the rule of law. He says he will uphold the supreme law of the land—the Constitution of the United States. His record indicates he will. No official can ever be perfect and that is why the rule of law is so important. It is a safeguard against government corruption and mob rule. We will never have faultless leaders, but a constitutional republic that protects free market capitalism seems to offer the common man the maximum amount of personal freedom and prosperity of any earthly government.

Unfortunately, even if Ron Paul is elected President, we will probably only experience a short reprieve from what we are currently seeing. I am definitely not placing all my hopes in a Paul administration, for which of us will even care in 100 years, who was elected in 2012? I, as someone who desires truth, want to know where I’m going to spend eternity. I’m going to be dead a whole lot longer than I live. We are all part of the ultimate statistic–10 out of 10 die. Where will you be in 100 years? Life is very short, so please give what I’m about to say a little thought.

The Bible says, “it is appointed man once to die, and after this the judgment.” You will be judged according to your works here on Earth. Will you be innocent or guilty of breaking God’s laws? Have you ever told a lie? If you have, you’ve broken the 9th commandment. Have you ever stolen (even once)? Jesus said if you’ve looked with lust, you’ve committed adultery in your heart. Have you ever broken the 7th commandment by looking with lust? Have you ever coveted another person’s estate? Have you ever taken the LORD’s name in vain? Do you always put God first? The Bible says that hatred is the same as murder. Have you ever hated anyone? You see, God not only sees your outward actions, He also knows your inward thoughts; and He will judge you accordingly. Because God is a good and just judge, he can only allow perfect people into heaven. He cannot let sin “just slide”. Knowing the awful damnation we would suffer, God in his love, devised a method to save us. The Bible says in Romans 6:23 that “the wages of sin is death…” That means all of us are doomed to death and hell. But God finishes that verse by saying “but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Jesus (God in the flesh) came to earth as a man and lived perfectly (like no other human has ever done). He then died a brutal death, taking upon His shoulders the sins of the world. He rose again the third day, defeating death. In other words, you broke God’s law. But “God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Jesus Christ paid your fine. Now, you can legally be set free. God has not compromised His justice or His mercy.

If you believe this good news, God will give you His righteousness in exchange for your filthy sins, and you will be saved. The moment you believe Him, He will declare you perfect, as His Own Son is perfect. Then He can allow you to enter heaven when you die. It’s NOT religion. It is a person—Jesus Christ, the Way, the Truth, and the Life. If you seek truth with all your being, God promises you will find. Surely, your conscience is even now crying out. If you want to know more about Jesus Christ, get a King James Bible and read the book of John. May God Bless You on your journey.

"Men who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~ William Penn

http://christianwarmongers.com/ (http://christianwarmongers.com/)