PDA

View Full Version : Final Weekend PUSH in Maine - Help Ron Paul Win Maine!

D.A.S.
02-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Mitt Romney has decided Maine is crucial after his landslide loss on Tuesday and is making a hard push in Maine! He has money and people. We have people. And we have to push hard to make sure we can win Maine. Portland Maine is caucusing this weekend. All hands on deck for this one, people - Maine is NOT over yet.

If you cannot travel to Maine, Phone from Home is now calling into Maine. If you haven't used the Phone from Home program yet, it is easy to sign up - PLEASE PLEASE participate to help win Maine: http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/

If you can travel to Maine, then help with one of the things listed below and coordinate by joining this Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/events/314737318572092/

1. Go to the Maine Headquarters at 190 U.S. Route 1, Falmouth, Maine (bejind the UPS store). Identifying voters and getting out the vote are the single most important thing we can do. The HQ will be able to tell you where you are needed most on the ground.

2. At 5PM on Friday February 10, go to the Mitt Romney event at the Portland Company Complex at 53 Fore Street, Portland, ME (6PM start time for the actual event) to wave signs for Ron Paul outside, to infiltrate the crowd inside, to hand out literature to the people going to the event. Remember, Portland is caucusing THIS WEEKEND! Outreach is important this Friday.

3. Go to the Maine caucus sites that are caucusing this weekend to provide support to the campaign as extra boots on the ground, to distribute literature, to speak with voters at the caucuses. If you are in the vicinity of any large colleges/universities in Maine, please help to get those kids to the caucuses, even if it means renting a van -- they can register AT THE CAUCUS, so this is a great opportunity for us. Information as to location and time of all caucuses in Maine can be found here: http://www.mainegop.com/2012/01/maine-g-o-p-2012-caucus-information/

To coordinate with other volunteers going to Maine this weekend, join this Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/events/314737318572092/

Ron Paul has a chance to come in first in the straw poll in Maine. It is now or never. Let it not be said that you did nothing.

D.A.S.
02-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Bump!

goldpants
02-09-2012, 10:26 AM
GOP chairman of Maine was just on Geraldo, he stated it is very close between Ron or Mitt. He said that Santorum supporters have been voting for romney and he expects a lot of that. Although he did say he himself was impartial and not encouraging that action. It looks like we have a war brewing as the establishment must be throwing winks around to forget Newt or Rick.

Jeffster
02-09-2012, 10:35 AM
If you cannot travel to Maine, Phone from Home is now calling into Maine. If you haven't used the Phone from Home program yet, it is easy to sign up - PLEASE PLEASE participate to help win Maine: http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/

It was easy up until the point it told me to call for a verification code. Every time I call, it doesn't connect. It rings a few times and then has a busy signal.

D.A.S.
02-09-2012, 11:49 AM
It was easy up until the point it told me to call for a verification code. Every time I call, it doesn't connect. It rings a few times and then has a busy signal.

I haven't had a problem with the verification codes when I called from my cell and from a landline. But google talk would not connect to the system for me. I hear also Skype works well with this system.

D.A.S.
02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Mods, any chance we could have this Maine PUSH posted up on the front page? Maine is becoming more critical than ever before, and we need everyone to know this.

AdamL
02-09-2012, 12:02 PM
1. Go to the Maine Headquarters at 190 U.S. Route 1, Falmouth, Maine to help identify people for the caucuses that go on until Saturday! Calling goes on from 10:00 a.m. till 9:00 p.m. Identifying voters and getting out the vote are the single most important thing we can do.

No offense, but having people who are in Maine working call centers is probably the worst possible use of their time. Let the out of state people take care of that (although from what I've heard people in Maine are getting pretty angry about all the phone calls they're getting from the campaign).

The most important thing the grassroots effort in Maine can do is trying to physically get Ron Paul supporters to the caucuses. Renting buses to round up college students and get them to the polls (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?359287-Coordinate-GOTV.-Bus-college-kids-to-polls-in-WA-and-MI) would probably be a good idea.

carterm
02-09-2012, 12:04 PM
No offense, but having people who are in Maine working call centers is probably the worst possible use of their time. Let the out of state people take care of that (although from what I've heard people in Maine are getting pretty angry about all the phone calls they're getting from the campaign).

The most important thing the grassroots effort in Maine can do is trying to physically get Ron Paul supporters to the caucuses. Renting buses to round up college students and get them to the polls (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?359287-Coordinate-GOTV.-Bus-college-kids-to-polls-in-WA-and-MI) would probably be a good idea.

THIS THIS THIS.

D.A.S.
02-09-2012, 12:19 PM
In any case, coordinating with the HQ is important.

If the HQ doesn't need any more people making calls, then they can involve them in boots on the ground efforts, like door knocking or reaching out to schools or manning the caucus places. It's WORSE TO DO NOTHING.

There's always something to do. Going to the HQ doesn't mean it's only for calls.

RonPaul101.com
02-09-2012, 12:23 PM

EXACTLY. I have said this for every state we contested this year... If you are IN THE STATE go out and meet people, door-to-door, at a local restaurant or bar, out front of a WalMart... something IN PERSON. Let the out of state network use the PFH to do calls, it was designed for localizing calls to a contest from around the country.

Front lines supporters in Maine, get out and talk to people who have yet to vote "in person" and make a good impression.

RonPaul101.com
02-09-2012, 12:26 PM
If you are in the vicinity of any large colleges/universities in Maine, please help to get those kids to the caucuses, even if it means renting a van -- they can register AT THE CAUCUS, so this is a great opportunity for us.

Does anyone know colleges/universities that are in locations yet to cast their votes? A list of such would be useful either in its own thread or better yet in the Maine state subforum. Just a suggestion if anyone knows Maine colleges well.

eduardo89
02-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Why would Santorum supporters be voting for Romney? Wouldn't they think Romney is the guy to beat and vote for Ron instead?

sailingaway
02-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Please keep this and the other facebook ad one for Maine bumped!

Lord Xar
02-09-2012, 12:45 PM
GOP chairman of Maine was just on Geraldo, he stated it is very close between Ron or Mitt. He said that Santorum supporters have been voting for romney and he expects a lot of that. Although he did say he himself was impartial and not encouraging that action. It looks like we have a war brewing as the establishment must be throwing winks around to forget Newt or Rick.

Since he already knows the current state of affairs, it is EASY for him or others to relay that to other campaigns etc... and then decide they need to turn out the vote in greater proportions for mitt. All a friggin con game. They KNOW who is winning, SO they come out with a new meme,,,,, santo supporters - vote mitt.. uhmm cause Ron is winning and we can't have that..

Lord Xar
02-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Please keep this and the other facebook ad one for Maine bumped!

What are the important issues for Maine repub voters? Targeting ads is important but with WHAT message? "Go Caucus"? That isn't motivating enough... we need to turn fence sitters.

Lord Xar
02-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Why would Santorum supporters be voting for Romney? Wouldn't they think Romney is the guy to beat and vote for Ron instead?

exactly. this is a BLATANT meme being sent via establishment/media sources so the sheep would infact VOTE MITT.. they do NOT Ron Paul getting any wins.. none, THAT would legitimize him.. they can't have that, even if it means giving Mitt another win.

Aratus
02-09-2012, 01:26 PM
MAINE MAY BE OURs WITHIN HOURs, FOLKs! LETS THINK FIRST PLACE! WE NEED THIS WIN!

pauliticalfan
02-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Why in the WORLD would Santorum supporters vote for Romney!? If they really wanted Santorum to win, they would deny Romney as many wins as possible. That INCLUDES Virginia. These people are clearly not thinking rationally. It's pathetic.

Aratus
02-09-2012, 01:37 PM
the ballot in virginia is binary and maybe winner take all. maine is caucus driven.
intrade is almost open to supertuesday betting. events are on the march.
Intrade will settle any MAINE bets on saturday's results. the VAgop primary market
got intrade suspended!!! the rick S 3 state romp shook up romneybots.

kathy88
02-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Myself and two friends are seriously considering driving up there, but we wouldn't arrive until tomorrow night. Would it be worth it? Would we be able to help?

Sematary
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
PAY ATTENTION:

Aroostook-- North Caucus: 3 February FINISHED
Hancock County-- Gouldsboro, Hancock, Lamoine, Waltham, Sorrento, Sullivan, Winter Harbor, Fletcher's Landing, Aurora/Amherst, Eastbrook, Franklin, Mariaville, Osborn: 18 February AFTER the official results are announced - so unimportant
Hancock County-- Castine: 3 March SEE ABOVE
Kennebec-- Rome: 16 February SEE ABOVE
Oxford-- South Paris, Buckfield, Greenwood, Hartford, Hebron, Norway, Otisfield, Oxford, Paris, Waterford, West Paris: 3 February FINISHED
Penobscot-- Millinocket: 30 January FINISHED
Waldo-- Frankfort: 1 February FINISHED
Waldo-- Palermo, Unity: 29 January FINISHED

So - to summarize. ALL the caucuses that will be reported this weekend are FINISHED
The Delegates are NOT tied to any candidate so it's only for bragging rights
WE should walk away with the majority of candidates.
LET THE MAN REST

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/ME-R

MAINE IS DONE. There is NOTHING anyone can do now.

D.A.S.
02-09-2012, 03:21 PM
PAY ATTENTION:

Aroostook-- North Caucus: 3 February FINISHED
Hancock County-- Gouldsboro, Hancock, Lamoine, Waltham, Sorrento, Sullivan, Winter Harbor, Fletcher's Landing, Aurora/Amherst, Eastbrook, Franklin, Mariaville, Osborn: 18 February AFTER the official results are announced - so unimportant
Hancock County-- Castine: 3 March SEE ABOVE
Kennebec-- Rome: 16 February SEE ABOVE
Oxford-- South Paris, Buckfield, Greenwood, Hartford, Hebron, Norway, Otisfield, Oxford, Paris, Waterford, West Paris: 3 February FINISHED
Penobscot-- Millinocket: 30 January FINISHED
Waldo-- Frankfort: 1 February FINISHED
Waldo-- Palermo, Unity: 29 January FINISHED

So - to summarize. ALL the caucuses that will be reported this weekend are FINISHED
The Delegates are NOT tied to any candidate so it's only for bragging rights
WE should walk away with the majority of candidates.
LET THE MAN REST

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/ME-R

MAINE IS DONE. There is NOTHING anyone can do now.

You're kidding, right?

Here's the list of caucuses from Maine GOP that are happening this weekend:

Androscoggin County

All towns, unless otherwise listed, will be participating at the countywide caucus in Lewiston.

February 11th, 9:00 A.M.

Geiger Elementary School, 601 College Street, Lewiston
Caucus Contact Person: Rosemarie Butler
E-Mail : cotebutler@myfairpoint.net
Phone #: 782-6373

Cumberland County

Brunswick
February 11th, 8:30 A.M.
Curtis Memorial Library
Caucus Contact Person: Jonathon Crimmins
E-Mail: j_crimmins@hotmail.com
Phone #: 720-0203

Cape Elizabeth
February 11th, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Middle school Cafeterium

Falmouth
February 11th, 9:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Town Hall

Harpswell
February 11th, 9:00 A.M.
Old Orr’s Island Schoolhouse
Orr’s Island
Caucus Contact Person: Jean Appleby Johnson
E-Mail: johnsonjean@myfairpoint.net
Phone #: 833-0056

Harrison
Feb. 11th 9:00am to 12:00pm
Harrison Fire Station Community Room
34 School St.

Naples
February 11th, 10:00 A.M.
Naples Town Office Gym
Caucus Contact Person: Rich Cross
E-Mail: rich06@roadrunner.com
Phone #: 693-7945

New Gloucester
February 11th, 1:00 P.M.
Community Building

North Yarmouth
February 11th, All Day
North Yarmouth Fire Station

Portland
February 11th, 9:30 A.M.
Riverton School
1600 Forest Avenue, Portland

Raymond
February 9th, 7:00 P.M.
Raymond Town Office

South Portland
February 11th, 8:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
South Portland Community Center

Standish
February 9th, 6:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Town Hall

Windham
February 11th, 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.

Yarmouth
American Legion Log Cabin
Main Street
Caucus Contact Person: Jeff Weinstein
Phone #: 846-1212

Hancock County

Hancock County will hold their caucuses in 6 different ‘districts’. Each district will have the list of towns participating in that location.

District 1

Bucksport, Orland, Verona
G. Herbert Jewett School
66 Bridge Street, Bucksport
Caucus Contact Person: Sandi Blanchette
Phone #: 944-8444

District 2

Dedham, Ellsworth, Otis, Trenton
February 11th, 12:00 P.M.
Ellsworth City Hall
Caucus Contact Person: Janice Eldridge
Phone #: 667-2163

District 5

Gouldsboro, Hancock, Lamoine, Waltham, Sorrento, Sullivan, Winter Harbor, Fletcher’s Landing
February 18th, 10:00 A.M.
Hancock Grammar School (off Route 1)
Caucus Contact Person: Kathy Birdsall
Phone #: 460-1021

District 6

Aurora/Amherst, Eastbrook, Franklin, Mariaville, Osborn
February 18th, 1:00 P.M.
Eastbrook Municipal Office
959 Eastbrook Road, Eastbrook
Caucus Contact Person: Debbie Lockman
Phone #: 584-5900

Castine
March 3rd, 9:30 A.M.
Emerson Hall
Caucus Contact Person: Jinny Comiciotto
Phone #: 326-8340

Kennebec County

Clinton
Saturday, February 18
10:00 A.M.
Clinton Town Office
E-Mail : roofwarrior@hotmail.com

Rome
February 16th, 6:30 P.M.
The home of Alan & Lynn Labelle (256 Jamaican Point Road)

Oxford County

Oxford County’s towns will hold their caucuses in five different ‘consolidated caucuses’. Please contact the caucus organizer to find out the location in which your town will hold it’s caucus.

Fryeburg Consolidated Caucus
Mollyockett Middle School
Fryeburg

Brownfield
Bob Walstrom
February 11th, 10:00AM
Mollyockett Mid School – Fryeburg

Fryeburg
Kimberly Clarke

Hiram
Beth Wadsworth

Lovell
Robert Steller

Porter
Peg Hughes

Individual Towns Caucusing

Please contact caucus organizers for more information.

Denmark
Caucus Contact Person: Michael Lee
Phone #: 512- 2928

Woodstock
Caucus Contact Person: George Hooper
Phone #: 665-2970

Penobscot County

Charleston
The Town of Charleston will hold its caucus at the Charleston Community Center, on School Road, on Wednesday, February 8 at 6:30pm.
For further information, contact Alan Gray, Town Chairman, at 285-7986.

<

Newport
Newport Town Office
Caucus Contact Person: Shawn Roderick
E-Mail: shawnroderick@hotmail.com

Waldo County

Individual Caucuses

Montville
Montville Town Office

Stockton Springs
February 11th 10:00 A.M.
Stockton Springs Town Office.

Washington County

All towns, unless otherwise listed, will be participating at the countywide caucus in East Machias.

February 11th, 1:30 P.M.
Washington Academy
East Machias

York County

All towns, unless otherwise listed, will be participating at the countywide caucus in Sanford.

York County Caucus:
Acton, *Alfred, Arundel, Berwick, *Buxton, Cornish, Dayton, Hollis, *Kennebunk, Kittery, Lebanon, Limerick, Limington, Lyman, Newfield, North Berwick, Parsonsfield, *Sanford, Shapleigh, South Berwick, Waterboro and Wells.
Date: Saturday, February 11, 2012
Location: The Veterans Memorial Gymnasium, 678 Main Street, Sanford, Maine.
Time: Doors will open at 8am, 9am County Caucus program begins
11:15 am All towns will break out into individual caucuses. The towns listed above that have an Astrix will be caucusing at the Veterans Memorial Gymnasium. All other towns listed above will be caucusing at the Sanford High School which is directly behind the Veterans Memorial Gymnasium.

Sanford Junior High Students and the Boy Scouts of America will be selling breakfast and lunch items as fund raisers.

If you need more information, please contact York County Caucus Coordinator, Judee Meyer at (207) 459-0683 or email: familyhistoryphotography@yahoo.com

Judee Meyer
York County Caucus Coordinator
familyhistoryphotography@yahoo.com

Caucus information for towns not caucusing in Countywide caucus in Sanford is:

Biddeford
Saturday, February 11, 2:00 pm
J.R. Martin Community Center

Kennebunkport
Saturday, February 11, 1:00 pm
Rhumb Line Resort

Ogunquit
Friday, February 10, 1:00 pm
Dunaway Community Center

ChrisDixon
02-09-2012, 03:49 PM

THIS.

D.A.S.
02-09-2012, 04:27 PM
THIS.

Coordinated activity was the point of this thread. I'm sure it's not only the calls people will be doing at the HQ -- point is, campaign has some organization up in Maine, and they will know where to plug in the volunteers for help. Forget the exact wording of my original post - the bigger picture is important!

ChrisDixon
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Coordinated activity was the point of this thread. I'm sure it's not only the calls people will be doing at the HQ -- point is, campaign has some organization up in Maine, and they will know where to plug in the volunteers for help. Forget the exact wording of my original post - the bigger picture is important!

I agree, and +repped your thread. It's great. :)

But the calls are overkill up here right now. I get complaints almost daily for people who get excessive phone calls from the Paul campaign.

eleganz
02-09-2012, 04:56 PM
we can do this!

eleganz
02-09-2012, 04:58 PM
we need the LL bean owner and governor LePage campaigning with us too....

D.A.S.
02-09-2012, 05:02 PM
I agree, and +repped your thread. It's great. :)

But the calls are overkill up here right now. I get complaints almost daily for people who get excessive phone calls from the Paul campaign.

True though, I should have phrased it a little more openly than I did!

PolicyReader
02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Mods, any chance we could have this Maine PUSH posted up on the front page? Maine is becoming more critical than ever before, and we need everyone to know this.
Quoted for visibility. This really is a key moment in a key race.

alucard13mmfmj
02-09-2012, 05:12 PM

Based on that comment, if its true.... why are we expecting Santorum or Gingrich supporters to vote for Ron Paul and not Romey in Virginia? lol.

Also, why the f**K santorum supporters voting for Romney. What the hell is wrong with the voters this year? Santorum and Romney has NOTHING in common. I dont understand... WHY?!?!?!

Seriously, why cant Ron Paul get a break -.-;;

ChrisDixon
02-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Based on that comment, if its true.... why are we expecting Santorum or Gingrich supporters to vote for Ron Paul and not Romey in Virginia? lol.

Also, why the f**K santorum supporters voting for Romney. What the hell is wrong with the voters this year? Santorum and Romney has NOTHING in common. I dont understand... WHY?!?!?!

Seriously, why cant Ron Paul get a break -.-;;

From my experience, Santorum supporters are voting for Santorum, when they actually lean more towards Paul. I know many people who love Paul, but are concerned about foreign policy and naturally shift to the guy who promises to carpetbomb the planet.

seawolf
02-09-2012, 08:53 PM
ChrisDixon does anyone in Maine know when Ron is coming to the State, Friday or Saturday, and if you know why on earth so late before the Caucus is Over.

Student Of Paulism
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
ChrisDixon does anyone in Maine know when Ron is coming to the State, Friday or Saturday, and if you know why on earth so late before the Caucus is Over.

From what i hear, it's Saturday, which is just downright inexplicable at this point. Romney is going there tomorrow, also took out an ad buy. Now you have this Gop Chair in ME telling people to vote for Romney (didn't say it that way, but being subliminal obviously), and also said the race is close there. So yea, basically they already pushed their master plan to fuck it up. With it being that close and the campaign deciding it was a good idea to take 3 days off and then go there on the day people have pretty much made up their minds is really unbelievable. If he loses ME, it will be the biggest let down so far and guaranteed to drive support away, especially if its by a couple hundred votes.

D.A.S.
02-09-2012, 10:15 PM
The campaign has been adamant to maintain that these caucuses are all about the delegates, and Ron may well sweep Maine by the delegate count. But that is NOT what makes the media highlights! It's that seemingly meaningless non-binding strawpoll in Maine that's going to be live on TV and in print media on Saturday, and in the end very few will care about the delegate count if Ron comes doesn't win or especially if he comes in somewhat distant second. So I'm not sure why the campaign isn't fighting Maine harder, with having more exposure for Ron there, a few townhalls, a couple of rallies... I'm sure he doesn't want to pull away any resources from the current organizational work underway, but Ron's own visibility is important and helps win!

alucard13mmfmj
02-09-2012, 10:17 PM
why doesnt Ron Paul get Wead or Jack Hunter to townhall Q&A on his behalf?

Firehouse26
02-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Myself and two friends are seriously considering driving up there, but we wouldn't arrive until tomorrow night. Would it be worth it? Would we be able to help?

YES. Because for there are thousands asking themselves the same thing. Imagine if one out of ten of them actually go? Let it not be said you did nothing. Go up there and have fun with it. I'm trying to take a personal day to make the 9 hour drive on a whim. Freedom is popular! PFH has been beaten like a dead horse. We need people who can get out there, smile, cheer and drive folks to the polls!

Firehouse26
02-09-2012, 10:45 PM
From my experience, Santorum supporters are voting for Santorum, when they actually lean more towards Paul. I know many people who love Paul, but are concerned about foreign policy and naturally shift to the guy who promises to carpetbomb the planet.

For these people, can't we point out that Paul is only one man, and one who respects the Constitution? They'll be an entire Congress and military industrial complex to beat the war drums and if Congress votes for it, Paul will honor any threat if the votes are there. Isn't it better to have one counter voice? After all, we're not attempting to elect a dictator...at least those of us here are not....

seawolf
02-09-2012, 11:01 PM
D.A.S - Ron Paul not being in Maine until Saturday is the biggest mystery of his Campaign thus far.

I fear if we do not win on Saturday, many Ron Paul Supporters across the nation will conclude that Ron just is not trying to win the nomination, but is content on just spreading the message of Liberty.

Many in RP Nation will be furious and disgusted with a second place finish, especially if it is a close second and simply stop participating and donating their money.

Frankly, I am at a total loss as to why Ron for the second time after a strong second place finish, remember New Hampshire, chose to go off the Campaign trail and spend days in Clute, Texas.

What could the reason possibly be????? with a great chance for our first State Win.

That is the sixty-four thousand dollar question that is running thru out this Forum and to everyone I speak too in the RP Nation.

Lord Xar
02-09-2012, 11:11 PM
There is some truth to the fact delegates are all that matters.. but so does perception.

Much of the donations & grassroots efforts are motivated on how well we do various states, winning is important for perception

Firehouse26
02-09-2012, 11:14 PM
D.A.S - Ron Paul not being in Maine until Saturday is the biggest mystery of his Campaign thus far.

I fear if we do not win on Saturday, many Ron Paul Supporters across the nation will conclude that Ron just is not trying to win the nomination, but is content on just spreading the message of Liberty.

Many in RP Nation will be furious and disgusted with a second place finish, especially if it is a close second and simply stop participating and donating their money.

Frankly, I am at a total loss as to why Ron for the second time after a strong second place finish, remember New Hampshire, chose to go off the Campaign trail and spend days in Clute, Texas.

What could the reason possibly be????? with a great chance for our first State Win.

That is the sixty-four thousand dollar question that is running thru out this Forum and to everyone I speak too in the RP Nation.

Agreed, just some sort of explanation from the campaign would be nice. I know they've come so far, so what's the reasoning?

hb6102
02-09-2012, 11:27 PM
I really think that the campaign has bought into the delegate strategy so much that they dont think wins are as important as we do.

D.A.S.
02-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Maybe Dr. Paul thinks there's not much for him to do there. He's far too rational for this race -- retail politics is about being out and about and being seen. Maybe he genuinely believes that it doesn't make a whole lot of difference and that it's more or less for his own supporters.

Maybe the lack of events in Maine is due to the lack of people resources to organize such events. If that's really the case, then I suppose it's better that they not take away any human resources from the HQ and focus on the ground game.

So, it looks like yet again it's down to the GRASSROOTS to take matters into their own hands, get up there, rent some vans, and take people to the caucus.

sailingaway
02-09-2012, 11:50 PM
bumb

Badger Paul
02-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Actually I think I've figured out RPs strange campaign itinerary. And it's not rocket science. It really comes down to cost savings.

When candidate campaigns, he isn't by himself. He has a whole entourage of staffers and security and family and if you campaign for several days in one state you have to put them up in hotels. And no there isn't a special "politician rate". They're going to get charged through the nose.

The campaign has concluded it is cheaper for them to fly into a state for a day or two, do a few events (which also cost to to put together) and fly out again back to Texas to stay at home where it costs them nothing to sleep in their own beds. (Although hard to believe with the price of jet fuel.)

This would explain why he would go away from the campaign trail for several days, to save money. It may well have to do with health too. Running RP ragged on the campaign trail would not do any good at age 76 even if he is in perfect health.

Now you may say, why aren't they spending the money we gave you? And the answer is they have. They've raised over $26 million so far. But all they have left now is less than two million. They put a lot of that money into Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada where they alone spent nearly a million dollars.

And that may well have been a major strategic blunder. Yes Nevada has persons who would give their right arm to support Ron Paul and yes we did win or did well in the counties they live in. But the demographics of a closed GOP caucus, a quarter of the vote coming from Romney-supporting Mormons at rates of 90 percent starting in the morning when people work, run in some places by untrained seals, were lethal to us. It was though Florida had a caucus and we were trying to compete in it. The campaign fell for the media myths of Nevada being this place of cowboy rebels, pimps and gamblers. And while there are people like that in Nevada, and they voted for us, the brutal reality is Nevada is mostly made up of retirees, government employees of some sort, Mormons, Hispanics, unions, groups which aren't going to pull in a great turnout for Ron Paul. The whole state is not one big Nye County. We were lucky to get what we did in that situation. Just think what we could have done in Minnesota if we had spent a million to organize an open caucus, in state filled in colleges and universities (unlike Nevada) which had a strong grassroots organization which won six delegates four years ago (and that was no easy feat); with a lot of cheap media markets we could have spent millions advertising on and PFH program to better ID supporters and then GOTV to win the counties we lost in some cases by only a few votes. We spent our money on the wrong caucus state.

And in reality how much is a personal visit worth anyway? RP did some his most extensive campaigning this year in Nevada, with multiple events for three days, and we barely got more votes than we did last time. You can't say we fired up a lot of people to go caucus. When you can't hold events to reach undecided voters because fans and out-of-state supporters crowd them out at town halls; when supporters and the press make one-on-one handshaking all but impossible and dangerous for a small 76 year old man with artificial knees and his wife whose health is not the best, then maybe, just maybe, you're better off making your pitch from cable satellite and limiting your appearances.

And despite the campaign being more professional and organized, grassroots are still important. The campaign has smartly not tried to impose its will on local grassroots groups with persons like Anita Andrews unlike four years ago, opening offices and having tin-horn campaign chairpersons start issuing orders from campaign offices without phones to people who already knew what going on what they were doing and causing all sorts of unnecessary rifts. If we win Maine it will only be because of grassroots, which means the remaining state grassroots organizations need to step up and take control of their states and run their ground games themselves not only to be effective, but to save the campaign money. They just need to appear and Super Pac just needs to buy the TV ads.

That being said it sounds like they weren't planning at all to go to Maine until Romney panicked and decided to make a stand there. I'm sure a lot supporters of are worried he's not going to do much for the next two weeks while he could be in places he could do well like Washington, Idaho, North Dakota, Alaska, Vermont and even Michigan and Virginia. Again to save money (Hey, no elections for a a while, no need to leave Texas, right?). Well, that's why winning Maine is going to be damned important. Because if he doesn't or doesn't come really, really close; people will again conclude he can't win anywhere and won't support him, the Feb. 14 money bomb isn't going to raise what they need to compete on Super Tuesday and the serious campaign (rather than the delegate campaign) will peter out. We'll see what happens but that what's at stake.

By the way, I also happen to think, as wild as this theory may be, the whole Bruno fiasco, may well have soured his taste for staying in hotels. People like Bruno don't show up at your home in Lake Jackson.

PaleoPaul
02-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Wow, so the Bruno thing really DID take him by surprise?! I thought it was all set-up and Ron Paul was fake-shocked! Haha.

danielboon
02-10-2012, 06:15 AM
bump

Student Of Paulism
02-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Until Ron actually wins a state, i can only assume he is being kept from winning it, due to about a thousand factors and 'anomalies' we have seen thus far.The only time he can get second is when it is a wide enough margin in previous polls where it would look too obvious if it were tampered with.

Not going up there right after Tuesday was just dumb, and anyone trying to justify it wasn't, apparently doesn't see the significance of what is at stake and is choosing to make petty excuses. With funds not coming in as much as they were, Ron still having yet to win a state, being ignored for over 2 weeks since SC without anything to really rave about or give attention to (aside from second in MN), this is his best to chance to break through and get something going. It is just ridiculous they are allowing friggin Romney to head up there 3 days after MN ended, and it's obvious what his plan is and the memo he was given. Mitt obviously could care less about ME and it's a meaningless state for him. Not even Newt and Santardum care and are too far behind to have a chance, yet Mitt does? Uh huh...right. Face it, we know why he is going. If Ron had been polling in ME with like 6%, Mitt would be down South somewhere right now. With 2 days to go, he takes out an ad? Uh huh. Mitt is still a frontrunner and the 'eventual nom' in the establishment's and sheeple's eyes, so he doesn't need to be up there at all. He is there to shut down Ron, and we all know it.

I read earlier the GoP Chair in ME said 'it's close' and said that most people voting for Santardum, will vote for Romney and that he 'didnt agree with it' but saying that is what may happen (right, in other words, EVERYONE IN ME VOTE FOR ROMNEY). Can you not see the party will send their own mothers off a cliff to stop RP from winning? They will do ANYTHING to stop a first place finish.

And here is the worst thing i forgot to mention earlier, about Ron not being up there on Wednesday. All he is doing is allowing the media and the gop to play off a narrative if he loses. He is giving them bait to use. If he loses, they can simply spin the story:

"Well guys, many seem to think Ron Paul made a big mistake some nights ago, by not heading off Romney. He could have taken ME, had they used that time after MN more effectively. Romney seems to have swooped in and stole it with a late ad buy and some interaction with the voters. One can only guess why they let this one slip away. Back to you, Wolf!"

So of course, now if some 'funky' crap in the voting process goes down (which is highly likely) they are going to use the crap above, to justify his loss so no one can complain, and all the trolls and anti-paul people will throw that back in our faces if we dare say the 'F-Word' and say: "stop whining paultards, your guy blew it by not campaigning in ME for 3 days!! hahahhaha"

And since the last numbers i seen in ME, his lead isnt that huge with just 450 votes in. GoP has all the ammo they need right now, and if he loses, well hey, the campaign gave it to them on silver platter.

samsung1
02-10-2012, 07:02 AM
How are things on the ground in Maine? Do we need more volunteers?

da32130
02-10-2012, 08:25 AM
How are things on the ground in Maine? Do we need more volunteers?

yes, start calling maine using phone from home
http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

pauliticalfan
02-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Wow, so the Bruno thing really DID take him by surprise?! I thought it was all set-up and Ron Paul was fake-shocked! Haha.

Yeah, I don't think "***** as blazes" was scripted.

seawolf
02-10-2012, 09:40 AM
D.A.S. and Badger Paul I read your recent posts with interest. I hope the reasons you cite as to why Ron went off the Campaign Trail again after a strong second place finish (New Hampshire and now Minnesota) is correct.

I am really worried however, from people I have talked to in the RP Movement, that if we lose tomorrw or finish a close second the blame will be put squarely on the Campaign for not doing nearly enough retail politics, ie. boots on the ground.

I am afraid many will become disgusted and see that Ron is totally and completely about the message and not about winning at all.

One's actions speak louder than words.

I am hoping and praying that we win tomorrow, the Campaign and the Liberty Movement really, I mean really need a Victory and not another second place finish

Go Maine, and thank you for your hard work.

Badger Paul
02-10-2012, 10:02 AM
"the blame will be put squarely on the Campaign for not doing nearly enough retail politics, ie. boots on the ground."

Or the candidate himself. All he has to do is say the word and he's there.

I guess this is marginally better than what happened four years ago when he would go back to Washington to work during the week and only campaign on weekends. Only problem with this is competing against people who hold no public office and thus can campaign as often as they like.

unknown
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Doing phone from home at this very moment.

Darthbrooklyn
02-10-2012, 10:10 AM
D.A.S. and Badger Paul I read your recent posts with interest. I hope the reasons you cite as to why Ron went off the Campaign Trail again after a strong second place finish (New Hampshire and now Minnesota) is correct.

I am really worried however, from people I have talked to in the RP Movement, that if we lose tomorrw or finish a close second the blame will be put squarely on the Campaign for not doing nearly enough retail politics, ie. boots on the ground.

I am afraid many will become disgusted and see that Ron is totally and completely about the message and not about winning at all.

One's actions speak louder than words.

I am hoping and praying that we win tomorrow, the Campaign and the Liberty Movement really, I mean really need a Victory and not another second place finish

Go Maine, and thank you for your hard work.

^^^ THIS

harikaried
02-10-2012, 10:46 AM
"the blame will be put squarely on the Campaign for not doing nearly enough retail politics, ie. boots on the ground."What can the campaign do better that grassroots can't do to inform Ron Paul supporters in the upcoming state to go door-to-door? If anything, we have more collective time/manpower to explain to each of them what to say at doors and how to prepare as delegates.

Quite a few people at the Nevada caucus said they only just received a message about delegates, but didn't understand why it was so important. I was able to convince them on the spot to be a delegate.

D.A.S.
02-10-2012, 01:09 PM
What can the campaign do better that grassroots can't do to inform Ron Paul supporters in the upcoming state to go door-to-door? If anything, we have more collective time/manpower to explain to each of them what to say at doors and how to prepare as delegates.

Quite a few people at the Nevada caucus said they only just received a message about delegates, but didn't understand why it was so important. I was able to convince them on the spot to be a delegate.

You're totally correct, except nobody delivers the message of Ron Paul better than Ron Paul especially speaking straight to the voters. So having events and having him interact with the people directly is something that both helps sway voters AND gives local media the image that Ron is stumping for the win.

In retail politics, winning has a lot to do with the image. Now, unfortunately we don't have money and resources to always have Ron out and about since that requires organization and staff.

Anyhow...

Back to the original message:

If you're near Maine and can travel -- see the original post, as there's some organization going on and people need to get funneled to the Maine HQ so they can tell you where you're needed most, as well as connect with other grassroots coming there.

If you're cannot travel to Maine -- PHONE FROM HOME: http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

Sarge
02-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Maine, thank you for all the efforts. We need the win tomorrow bad.

Ron is going to be on Face the Nation on Sunday, and a win would give him the springboard going onto that show. It has a big view rating.

“FACE THE NATION” IS FIRST IN HOUSEHOLDS, VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54
ON SUNDAY, DEC. 4

"FACE THE NATION" POSTS ITS LARGEST AUDIENCE SINCE MARCH 13, 2011

Note the viewing age.

unknown
02-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Been calling from home today. Calls were going to Maine, now going to ND.