PDA

View Full Version : Objectivism>>>Constitutionalism>>>Capitalism>>>Ind ividualism>>>Freedom.

ConCap
02-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Objectivism>>>Individualism>>>Constitutionalism>>>Capitalism>>>Freedom

Every normal person needs to base there politics on a philosophy.
All Christians follow the Bible, but none verbatim.
It’s OK not to follow Objectivism verbatim.

Let’s say the path to total Objectivism ends at the shore line of the west coast.
200 people can tell you 200 different ways to get there.
I’m just saying “Go West”.
If you get there, you get there, and what you pick up on the way is what you get out of it.
Just “Go West”

http://fora.tv/2009/10/28/The_Goddess_of_the_Market_The_Meaning_of_Ayn_Rand

At the end of, "The Only Path to Tomorrow," Ayn Rand wrote: "... there is a New Order of Tomorrow. It belongs to Individual Man—the only creator of any tomorrows humanity has ever been granted." It will not be organizations or movements that bring the "new order," but the free action of autonomous individuals. Whether that action will be the realization of Objectivism, or just correct philosophy, it will be individuals, acting on their own, for their own reasons, purposes, and ends, that will bring it about.

http://usabig.com/iindv/articles_stand/individual/ar_autonomist.php

Lothario
02-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Haven't you made this same incoherent post on like 10+ threads already?

I don't know what you're trying to say, but maybe take some time to actually work up a single, coherent, meaningful thought on whatever subject you're trying to get across up there...for me right now it just looks like random letters scattered around.

Bosco Warden
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Read the post, watch the videos and work with the poster.

Of course youre free not to, but why even post here Lothario?

You a MOD?

Lothario
02-09-2012, 03:27 PM
why even post here Lothario?

Because I am in large part an objectivist, I believe in individualism, I'm not a constitutionalist, I love capitalism, and constantly seeking freedom...and I live on the west coast.

I have no idea what in the world the OP's purpose is with this, or what kind of statement he's trying to make - but I'm very curious to know. I've seen this same thing posted now several times, but never with additional elaboration.

My post up there IS my attempt to "work with the poster."

I'm not a mod, I'm the audience.

So far, this is what I've gathered - try to be an objectivist, and you don't have to follow everything it says because people don't do everything the Bible says, but objectivism leads to the west coast, and there are many ways to get to the west coast, but objectivism is just one way, so you don't really have to be an objectivist, but just go to the west coast.

So like I said, to me at least, whatever statement the OP is trying to make up there is coming off as totally incoherent, and I'm guessing whoever rated this thread 1 star feels the same way.

But I'm dying to know what he's trying to say...

ConCap
02-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Because I am in large part an objectivist, I believe in individualism, I'm not a constitutionalist, I love capitalism, and constantly seeking freedom...and I live on the west coast.

I have no idea what in the world the OP's purpose is with this, or what kind of statement he's trying to make - but I'm very curious to know. I've seen this same thing posted now several times, but never with additional elaboration.

My post up there IS my attempt to "work with the poster."

I'm not a mod, I'm the audience.

So far, this is what I've gathered - try to be an objectivist, and you don't have to follow everything it says because people don't do everything the Bible says, but objectivism leads to the west coast, and there are many ways to get to the west coast, but objectivism is just one way, so you don't really have to be an objectivist, but just go to the west coast.

So like I said, to me at least, whatever statement the OP is trying to make up there is coming off as totally incoherent, and I'm guessing whoever rated this thread 1 star feels the same way.

But I'm dying to know what he's trying to say...

Ohooo Pleeeeease. I used the west coast as an arbitrary destination and a metaphor.

Unlike you, many people on here are new the political waters, are rudderless, and in need of something to guide them.
I say Ayn Rand is the answer. Many on here say they don’t like some of the things she stands for.
I say that’s ok, you don’t have to. Just go in that direction.

This forum is more like a chat room. If you are not on it 14/7 like I am, you miss a lot. I feel Objectivism is something people new to this forum must at least have a chance to understand so this is what I push.

Sorry about your stand on the Constitution. As for me, I’m an Oath Keeper.

otherone
02-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Every normal person needs to base there politics on a philosophy.

This is a bold statement. I'd wager that most base their politics on wuttever Rush says while eating a bag of porkrinds. I'm not sure whether this constitutes a 'philosophy', per se. Most people are ignorant about civics in general.

All Christians follow the Bible, but none verbatim.

All Christians share the simple notion that Christ has died, Christ has risen, Christ will come again. I'd say the vast majority know as little about their faith as they do about civics.