PDA

View Full Version : Have you been to a Ron Paul rally, or seen him speak live?

paulitics
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Trying to get a feel for how many of us have been able to see the good DR. speak live. Share your experiences of what the crowd was like. Was it mainly a youthful crowd, or a good balance of young, old, men and women?

Broadlighter
11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I went to the rally in Mountain View, CA in July. Good crowd, probably 300-400 people there. We had a really good mix of ages, men and women. We even had a guy dressed as an 18th Century patriot collecting signatures for a new Declaration of Independence. We also had Joe Bannister and G. Edward Griffin speaking before Dr. Paul. Great event. My wife took pictures on Ron Paul up close.

crhoades
11-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Ames, IA (Ronstock and at the Iowa Straw Poll)
Nashville, TN - War Memorial Auditorium
Philadelphia, PA - Veterans Day Rally - just got back this morning!

Next stop - his acceptance speech!

ConstitutionGal
11-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Got to see him in Nashville on October 6th. It was AWESOME. The atmosphere was electric and the crowd was VERY diverse. Folks of all ages, all races and, probably, all political backgrounds. It bordered on an old-fashioned tent-revival (the southern folks will know what I'm talking about here). It simply couldn't have been any better! Can't hardly wait for the good Dr., to come back to "Fred Country" and show Fred how it's supposed to be done!!

American
11-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I hope to go to Reno next Tuesday, and I cant wait!!!

Mikakaze
11-12-2007, 04:44 PM
drove from new orleans to houston for his birthday bbq and had a great time :]

ronpaulitician
11-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I was in the Real Time studio during his live appearance.

I was at the USC rally.

Bryan
11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm at 15 cities/towns. :D

Fyretrohl
11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Nope. Since I have been on board, I have not seen that he was in our area.

CurtisLow
11-12-2007, 04:59 PM
I've been lucky and been to two so far..

Check it out!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=35709

pcosmar
11-12-2007, 05:07 PM
See my Grin?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1062/1422386259_f252866bfe.jpg

It was that good.:D

justinc.1089
11-12-2007, 05:32 PM
I was at his Clemson University rally. The campaign says there were 700 people there, but honestly if there were then like 300 or 400 were standing outside of the seating area. I couldn't see because I was on the second row only like 30-40 feet away from Paul, so I guess its possible, but it seemed to me like there were only around 400 people there.

The rally is on youtube if you want to see it, and me lol! You can see me really good at the start of the video.

DealzOnWheelz
11-12-2007, 05:36 PM
PHILLY PHILLY with about 4000 people!!!

HE signed my shirt!!!!!!!!!

Ron is the Man.

It was great.

By the way I was interviewed on CN8 it will be aired between thanksgiving and new years.

margomaps
11-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I attended the Fox debate at UNH. We had probably 75 sign-wavers outside the venue, skewed largely to the younger side (people in their 20s-30s), and maybe 3-to-1 male/female ratio. Inside the Whittemore center during the debate, the audience was 1 part rabid Paulites, 2 parts rabid neocons, and 2 parts dispassionate students from UNH.

Then at the rally in Manchester, the official estimate was 800 (though my own guess was closer to 500). Definitely skewed to the younger side, and maybe 85% libertarians and liberals.

And most recently, last Friday at UNH, there were officially 350 in the room. The fire marshals had to turn away many others (room capacity was 350). That audience was 1 part rabid Paulites and 3 parts curious UNH students.

RockEnds
11-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Des Moines, Fairfield, and Ames

nyrgoal99
11-12-2007, 06:05 PM
hope he comes to NJ

smtwngrl
11-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Kansas City, Des Moines, and Ames (Iowa Straw Poll)

Each time there was a mix of ages. The smallest attendance was in KC on June 15th, and there were about 800 there.

thehittgirl
11-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Philly Rally :D

Awesome experience,and my son had a lot of fun!!!!! He was getting a kick out of hearing my hubby(usually a quiet guy) scream and yell!!!!!

TexMac
11-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Ames, IA (Ronstock and at the Iowa Straw Poll)
Nashville, TN - War Memorial Auditorium
Philadelphia, PA - Veterans Day Rally - just got back this morning!

Next stop - his acceptance speech!It was great meeting you in Philly!

I've been to the Mountain View rally and briefing, the Pittsburg rally and the Philly rally.

Pete Kay
11-12-2007, 07:04 PM
I met Ron Paul a little over a week at the rally in Columbia, South Carolina. The rally itself was good, but my experience meeting Dr. Paul was really weird. I shook his hand(he has a nice firm handshake, BTW) and told him it was an honor. I looked him dead in the eye and told him, "I know you can win this. We believe in you." He didn't smile. He looked kind of nervous and got all shifty eyed like he has a tendency to do and said, "Okaaaay..." That was it. No, "Thank you for your support" or anything. I was actually a bit hurt and disappointed. I thought about it for a few days and couldn't really figure out why he acted like that. I still sent $200 dollars on the 5th and have continued to be a big supporter of his.

Then I saw him on Face the Nation and I understood why he acted the way he did. He didn't believe what I said. He didn't believe that he really could win this. Now he does. I see the difference in his eyes now. The money bomb and the Philly rally has given him confidence that he didn't have before. I understand. He has stood virtually alone for 20 years in Congress and has been insulted left and right by everyone in the media. I woudn't have the fortitude to endure what he has, yet he continues to fight. Not for himself, but for us. Always marginalized, how could he realistically expect to win this? Now he sees our strength and our numbers. He sees our momentum. He knows he can do this.

amberj
11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Lucky to live in Texas. I saw him in San Antonio and then again at his birthday BBQ. Both were great experiences.

Buzz
11-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Saw his 10-minute speech at our meetup's party on 10/12 and then again on the 10/13 rally.

lynnf
11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I was at the Texas Straw Poll, where I saw him speak at the rally the night before, the breakfast for delegates, and at the Poll speech.

At the rally, many were there that were not delegates or guest attendees for the Poll since it was a general admission event. Music in the background and lots of young people there.

At the breakfast, mostly delegates and their guests. Mostly an older crowd although there were a few younger delegates present.

At the Poll speech, a mixture with the delegates being mostly older and many of the guests of the delegates being younger. I was told that one of the delegate "regulars" observed the Ron Paul guests and stated "But they're so young!" Probably weren't used to seeing anything like that in their political environment.

lynn

inibo
11-12-2007, 07:40 PM
I saw him speak in DC at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies on September 11, 2007. The topic was "A Traditional Non-Intervention Foreign Policy."

Bob Guttman, the Director of the Center for Politics and Foreign Relations said it was the largest group ever to come to one of their lectures. :D
You can hear Ron Paul's talk here (http://www.sais-jhu.edu/media/sept2007/ronpaul091107.mp3).

I saw him at the NPR Republican Presidential Forum at Morgan State University in Baltimore. A summary of his performance is here (http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/2007_GOP_Morgan_State_Ron_Paul.htm).

I was at the Philly Rally and I'm still floating on air. ;)

jaumen
11-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Just saw him in Philly. I took my mom, who is normally not too interested in politics.... I think she was won over, she wasn't adamantly against him before or anything... but she has seemed very supportive of him ever since the rally there. ;)

jpa
11-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Twice

1) Mountain View rally in June?
2) Private fundraiser in Sept