PDA

View Full Version : [Video] The War on Drugs and ADHD

MGee
02-09-2012, 01:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1-lOOLH6V4&feature=youtu.be

Lishy
02-09-2012, 02:28 AM
Being one of those forced to take Ritalin or I wasn't allowed to go to Elementary School (Which the school wasn't allowed to do, my mom was ignorant), I can say that the medication of our generation is horrible.

It makes me wonder if it has to do with some government experiment though.

To this day, I wish I could file a court case of some sort against my elementary school principle who was responsible, because I DID have many side-effects, and it completely ruined my elementary school education because it caused unnatural behavior. Ever since I stopped taking it, my "add" went away! (Though to be fair, I took it crushed in juice. Think that effects things differently?)

ryanmkeisling
02-09-2012, 02:34 AM
I too was forced to take ritalin, celclor, and prosac for my ADHD. They stopped the ceclor because it was effecting my liver, but they had me on ritalin from the age of 5 until I stopped taking it when I got old enough to tell them to fuck themselves. Those doctors will have a special place in hell for them to burn.

Welcome Mcgee.:D

RP-AUSTRALIA
02-09-2012, 02:43 AM
I fucked myself up in a big way taking Ritalin. Its horrible stuff!

Lishy
02-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Out of curiosity, but what do you think are the long-term effects?

Working Poor
02-09-2012, 06:27 AM
I am dyslexic and i could read at a college level before i went to school. but i did it backward and wrote backwards too. I was very disrupted(bored to tears) in class and the only thing that helped me was music classes. I am older but the only way they had of dealing with disruptive children before add meds hit the scene was to put them in band class thank God for that. Back then girls were not allowed to be smart and my teachers hated me because I was constantly challenging and often time proving them to be wrong especially in math and science.

I am glad you posters above me got off those meds. I would have never allowed my child to be medicated like that. I home schooled him for most of his early education. He did graduate early though. I would have moved to another country though if I had to to keep him off meds.

papitosabe
02-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Out of curiosity, but what do you think are the long-term effects?

i believe it deadens your neurotransmitters... I remember taking adderall... it worked, but I had no personality...i don't laugh like I used to..I just don't feel the same... glad i quit taking it...

MikeStanart
02-09-2012, 06:58 AM
They perscribed me Ritalin. My teacher was informed of the situation. After 2 weeks, my teacher wrote a letter to my mother congratulating my amazing improvement. I was flushing the pills down the toilet the entire time. Who's the crazy one now?

moostraks
02-09-2012, 07:18 AM
They perscribed me Ritalin. My teacher was informed of the situation. After 2 weeks, my teacher wrote a letter to my mother congratulating my amazing improvement. I was flushing the pills down the toilet the entire time. Who's the crazy one now?

:D I had a similar situation with prozac and a doctor. I was going through a bad situation and they prescribed Prozac. Well I had an odd, disjointed, emotionless existence once that stuff started to kick in. I could unemotionally analyze myself as if I was floating outside of myself. Really weird stuff. Anyways, I knew I would not/could not live like that so I took a good hard look at what was giving me grief and started to change the people who were around me and how I reacted to the situation that I was dealing with and began flushing the pills. Voila! I was better. I was afraid to tell the primary doctor, but told his co-worker in hopes to soften the blow. Primary doctor was aghast and insisted I needed the pills and should resume. When I pointed out that I was doing better and queried him as to why I should resume he had no response other than it is unacceptable to discontinue psch meds without the doctors approval. I shrugged it off and refused based upon the unhealthy way the drugs 'help'. He was a fairly new doctor at the time and I hope the experience he had with me will give him some pause for thought in blindly following matters. I kept him as a doctor for years afterward and he never brought up the need for the Prozac again, so I have to believe he agreed in the end with my assessment.

Kylie
02-09-2012, 08:12 AM
My parents are fantastic parents. They told others, who told them to medicate me, to get fucked.

Instead, two of my schoolmates and myself were segregated from the rest of the class from kindergarten through 4th grade and we were allowed to basically teach ourselves the first two years. We were so far ahead of all the other kids we were disruptive, so they let us go on our own. We would read, draw, do math, science, all in the time that the rest of the class were learning two and three lettered words. It was great. They tried to kick us up by three grades when we were in 2nd grade, but the older kids screwed with us, so they just stuck to keeping us on our own. Either way, we were left alone for the most part, and it worked well for us.

MGee
02-09-2012, 11:05 AM
My parents are fantastic parents. They told others, who told them to medicate me, to get fucked.

Instead, two of my schoolmates and myself were segregated from the rest of the class from kindergarten through 4th grade and we were allowed to basically teach ourselves the first two years. We were so far ahead of all the other kids we were disruptive, so they let us go on our own. We would read, draw, do math, science, all in the time that the rest of the class were learning two and three lettered words. It was great. They tried to kick us up by three grades when we were in 2nd grade, but the older kids screwed with us, so they just stuck to keeping us on our own. Either way, we were left alone for the most part, and it worked well for us.

Yeah my parents were the same way. If only all parents were actually willing to... you know... parent.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
02-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Amazing how we are medicating our kids these days.

Kylie
02-09-2012, 01:48 PM
They say that this ADD/ADHD/ODD bullshit is to be countered with mind numbing drugs. I was stupid when I was young and allowed them to put my daughter on that shit, with my father throwing a fit the whole time. I should not have listened, but I trusted her teacher and the administration(I do not now). My Dad was super pissed that I would drug my child for something that actually could have been part of her evolution.

One day, I took her meds to see what it did to her, since they'd said I have the same thing. OMG, I was able to focus, sure was! On only one thing at a time, and I have never felt so stoned off of anything else I've ever taken. Made me feel dead inside in a way. That day she came off the meds and never went back on. And when they told me my son needed it too, I told them to get fucked(and have continued on a plethora of situations involving my kids and the schools since then).

Don't let them give your children mind altering drugs for something that very well could be their next step in the human minds evolutionary process. It's sick and we need to learn to deal with these children in a way that uses this newfound ability to prosper them, not try to change their minds back to what "we" think is the right way.

QuickZ06
02-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Yeah my parents were the same way. If only all parents were actually willing to... you know... parent.

HAHA now thats a good laugh...parents being parents these days.

Mach
02-11-2012, 03:14 AM
They "upped" this girls dose (Prozac) 2 weeks before she murdered a 9yr old girl.... can you believe a Psychiatrist got up on the stand and said that Prozac had nothing to do with what happened.... at all!

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-prozac-no-defense-mo-teen-killer-194405478.html

Also, look at all of the school shootings and you will find those kids on those drugs too.

Lishy
02-11-2012, 03:18 AM
i believe it deadens your neurotransmitters... I remember taking adderall... it worked, but I had no personality...i don't laugh like I used to..I just don't feel the same... glad i quit taking it...
But neurotransmitters are a renewing substance, aren't they? How can they "deaden" a neurotransmitter? :S

Sullivan*
02-11-2012, 03:58 AM
But neurotransmitters are a renewing substance, aren't they? How can they "deaden" a neurotransmitter? :S
What most of these ADD/ADHD drugs to is flush the brain with dopamine, norepinepherin, seratonin, etc. It's altering your bodies natural ability to regulate its own chemical balance. Prolonged use does a similar thing to your brain as prolonged opiate abuse. Eventually your body will build up a resistance, and eventually stop producing the stuff on its own. I've been having trouble for about two years, and the worst decision I made was going to see a psychiatrist and getting medicated. Worst year of my life.

Jordan
02-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Stuff works wonders. Vyvanse is much improved over adderall and without the same potential for abuse. All I know is that it helped me focus tremendously in ways I never could before. My life practically turned around.

So, let's at least focus on what can bring us together: it's your own body and none of the government's business.

For clarity: I decided to take it on my own accord as an adult.

QuickZ06
02-11-2012, 02:26 PM
What most of these ADD/ADHD drugs to is flush the brain with dopamine, norepinepherin, seratonin, etc. It's altering your bodies natural ability to regulate its own chemical balance. Prolonged use does a similar thing to your brain as prolonged opiate abuse. Eventually your body will build up a resistance, and eventually stop producing the stuff on its own. I've been having trouble for about two years, and the worst decision I made was going to see a psychiatrist and getting medicated. Worst year of my life.

This, if you know how meth works, you would then question why are these pills legal. But we all know that answer.