PDA

View Full Version : On drudge: SHOCK POLL: 20% of Republicans leaning to Obama! (mentions Ron Paul fares best)

affa
02-08-2012, 09:45 PM
http://drudgereport.com/

direct link:
http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/20-of-republicans-leaning-to-obama/

Obama would defeat all of the four Republicans if the election were held today, but Ron Paul fares the best against the incumbent. Obama leads Paul, 44 percent to 40 percent, with 16 percent undecided.

“This is likely a reflection of discontent over Obama’s handling of the economy and, in particular, his outsized appetite for deficit spending,” observed Wenzel. “Paul has far and away offered the clearest and most serious plan to cut federal spending, and it appears to be recognized by these survey respondents.”

and more at link...

wgadget
02-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Glad to see it made Drudge!!!

affa
02-08-2012, 09:51 PM
agreed, and those are some good quotes.

comment section will likely need help.

J_White
02-08-2012, 09:54 PM
seems good,
when is the Campaign bringing out the "Electability" ad ?

wgadget
02-08-2012, 10:00 PM
I honestly believe some of the more rabid neocons will vote for warmonger Obama.

LiveForHonortune
02-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I honestly believe some of the more rabid neocons will vote for warmonger Obama.

And why wouldn't they? Neocons were originally apart of the Democrat party and they belong there. We should oust them back and take the GOP for real conservatives and libertarians.

RickyJ
02-08-2012, 10:05 PM
How could a Republican vote for Obama? Crazy!

rp08orbust
02-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Isn't Fritz Wenzel the pollster that Ron Paul hired in the summer?

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm really glad he put that up!!

I cannot BELIEVE L.A. County has made it illegal to throw a football or frisbee on the beach and to dig more than 18 inches in the sand, though! (a completely unrelated drudge headline I thought needed mention....)

kuckfeynes
02-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Heck if Paul isn't the nominee, I may just vote for Obama.

Better to give the movement four more years to permeate the GOP than be stymied against an establishment incumbent.

DonovanJames
02-08-2012, 10:14 PM

Better to give the movement four more years to permeate the GOP than be stymied against an establishment incumbent.

Just write-in Paul.. same effect but more dignity

RickyJ
02-08-2012, 10:14 PM

A vote for anyone other than a person that is going to follow the Constitution is a wasted vote. I will vote Ron Paul.

VBRonPaulFan
02-08-2012, 10:15 PM
How could a Republican vote for Obama? Crazy!

uhh, most republicans don't know it but they should be worshipping the hell out of Obama if they liked Bush at all. he's literally been Bush on steriods, especially WRT war.

affa
02-08-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm really glad he put that up!!

I cannot BELIEVE L.A. County has made it illegal to throw a football or frisbee on the beach and to dig more than 18 inches in the sand, though! (a completely unrelated drudge headline I thought needed mention....)

Be it through guns and cameras, or rules, regulations, and fines... the police state is here.

For our safety, of course.

$1,000 fine for throwing a damn frisbee on the beach. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Then again, I can't really blame them. There were 128 frisbee related deaths last year. [that's a joke]

wgadget
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Romney also is within single digits of Obama, currently trailing, 48 percent to 41 percent. Obama leads both Gingrich and Rick Santorum Santorum by double-digits. Obama leads Gingrich, 50 percent to 36 percent, and Santorum, 49 percent to 34 percent.

RickyJ
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM
uhh, most republicans don't know it but they should be worshipping the hell out of Obama if they liked Bush at all. he's literally been Bush on steriods, especially WRT war.

Republicans that say they like Bush are brain dead sheeple. They only know what their talking heads tell them.

ctiger2
02-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Only Ron can counter and take 20% of the Democrats. titfortat

Fredom101
02-08-2012, 10:35 PM
http://drudgereport.com/

direct link:
http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/20-of-republicans-leaning-to-obama/

Obama would defeat all of the four Republicans if the election were held today, but Ron Paul fares the best against the incumbent. Obama leads Paul, 44 percent to 40 percent, with 16 percent undecided.

“This is likely a reflection of discontent over Obama’s handling of the economy and, in particular, his outsized appetite for deficit spending,” observed Wenzel. “Paul has far and away offered the clearest and most serious plan to cut federal spending, and it appears to be recognized by these survey respondents.”

and more at link...

I'm not at all surprised, but this is really important. The only reason why RP isn't beating or CRUSHING the O-man is because they haven't squared off in a debate, and still 90% of the country doesn't know much at all about RP.

Miss Annie
02-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Now it's this kind of stuff that scares the living daylights out of me! :eek:

kuckfeynes
02-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Just write-in Paul.. same effect but more dignity

Not really. A vote for Paul if he is not the nominee is neutral to both Obama and the presumed establishment nominee.
A vote for Obama would be an active vote against said nominee, which is what we need if we intend on continuing to use the GOP as our vehicle.
If Romney bests Obama, it could be a loooong time before we get a crack at the bully pulpit again.
Think about it, two terms of Romney, then either a Romney protege or Democrat, puts us at 2024.
Yes I feel dirty saying it, but it is the truth... If Paul loses, Obama MUST win.