PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum Santorum to campaign in Washington State

JJ2
02-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Santorum is trying to steal Washington from Paul now:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9SPGSHG0&show_article=1

"He plans to start campaigning in Washington state on Monday, and then Ohio and Michigan in the following days"

"At the same time, aides conceded he was making little or no effort in the caucuses in Maine that end this weekend,"

CTRattlesnake
02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Ron will campaign in washington a lot, no doubt.

One visit from the froth master wont change things a lot.

jax
02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
fucking santorum

bluesc
02-08-2012, 08:41 PM
What do you expect, them not to compete in states? Just leave Ron to win it? Lol.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-08-2012, 08:43 PM
It's official. He's only trying to dilute our momentum.

Drex
02-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I hope Santorum gets Glitter BOMBED in WA!!!!!!! Why would he go there? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

JJ2
02-08-2012, 08:44 PM
What do you expect, them not to compete in states? Just leave Ron to win it? Lol.

No, I'm just sick of Santorum competing in the same states where Paul has strong organizations, and then "surging" from behind and winning them.

RileyE104
02-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Doesn't Washington vote on like March 3rd? There will be plenty of time to campaign there as well as Alaska and North Dakota..

MrGoose
02-08-2012, 09:00 PM
I hope Santorum gets Glitter BOMBED in WA!!!!!!! Why would he go there? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

I'd totally do it to if it wouldn't cause blow-back for the RP campaign.

STAY OUTA MY STATE FROTHY!!!

tsetsefly
02-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I cant imagine his Alan Keyes stand on social issues will get him that much support there...

seawolf
02-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Ron needs to Campaign in Washington, for at least five days, and take Alaska Airlines in a trip to Juneau, Anchorage and Fairbanks and try to win the Last Frontier. This State, with so many Liberty Loving Alaskans, can be won if it is targeted and worked hard by the Campaign.

JJ2
02-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Ron needs to Campaign in Washington, for at least five days, and take Alaska Airlines in a trip to Juneau, Anchorage and Fairbanks and try to win the Last Frontier. This State, with so many Liberty Loving Alaskans, can be won if it is targeted and worked hard by the Campaign.

Run ads in Alaska with Palin's positive comments about Paul!

walt
02-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I think it is time for us to start giving Frothy the Rudy Giuliani treatment...like protesting his Patriot Act vote at every campaign stop....

Senator Santorum is a strong supporter of homeland security legislation. While in office, he voted in favor of the PATRIOT Act and its reauthorization, the Military Commissions Act of 2006, and the legislation that created the department of Homeland Security.

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Senate/Pennsylvania/Rick_Santorum/Views/Homeland_Security/ (http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Senate/Pennsylvania/Rick_Santorum/Views/Homeland_Security/)

Keith and stuff
02-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Santorum is trying to steal Washington from Paul now:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9SPGSHG0&show_article=1

"He plans to start campaigning in Washington state on Monday, and then Ohio and Michigan in the following days"

"At the same time, aides conceded he was making little or no effort in the caucuses in Maine that end this weekend,"

How is competing in a state stealing it? Are you serious? Of course Santorum is campaign. He has won more states than anyone else so far. Do you expect him to just drop out? His message of hate towards gays and Muslims is popular with some Republicans, especially outside of NH and NV to some degree.

ssjevot
02-08-2012, 09:11 PM

Ron needs to campaign in Washington the rest of the time after Maine. I really hope someone can tell the campaign to adopt the Santorum method and go to every area in Maine and make sure we win big before Super Tuesday. The grassroots here is working hard. I'm out there talking to voters whenever I can, but we need the campaign to help us out by actively campaigning here.

Gravik
Washington could be the first state to legalize cannabis for recreational use. The voters there better not fuck up like Colorado voters did.

JJ2
How is competing in a state stealing it? Are you serious? Of course Santorum is campaign. He has won more states than anyone else so far. Do you expect him to just drop out? His message of hate towards gays and Muslims is popular with some Republicans, especially outside of NH and NV to some degree.

I'll repeat what I said above:

No, I'm just sick of Santorum competing in the same states where Paul has strong organizations, and then "surging" from behind and winning them.

rp2012win
02-08-2012, 09:14 PM
No, I'm just sick of Santorum competing in the same states where Paul has strong organizations, and then "surging" from behind and winning them.Santorum has a devastating surge no doubt. Amazing that post-christmas CNN Iowa poll changed the course of history as much as it has. Could even impact who wins the presidency!

Ekrub
02-08-2012, 09:16 PM
In a fundraising letter to supporters, Santorum appealed to conservatives and—in a jab at Gingrich—likened his situation to the one Ronald Reagan encountered in 1976 when he challenged President Gerald R. Ford for the GOP nomination.

Reagan lost the first eight primaries, Santorum wrote, and "the media and the establishment made fun of his campaign; they said he had no shot, and told him to get out of the race." But then he won several states and carried his campaign into the convention, where he ultimately lost.

Except he has won 4 of the first 8 states. This situation sounds more like Ron Paul.

jemuf
02-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I'd totally do it to if it wouldn't cause blow-back for the RP campaign. STAY OUTA MY STATE Santorum!!!

Are you a responsible adult? What kind of loser goes around throwing glitter at people? If you glitter bomb someone I hope you get what you deserve...a chair bomb.

Agorism
02-08-2012, 09:23 PM
We were better off with a primary and a caucus.

The primary served as a distraction last time.

affa
02-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I seriously can't imagine Santorum doing well in the Pacific Northwest.

libertybrewcity
02-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Look at his frothster

libertybrewcity
02-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I seriously can't imagine Santorum doing well in the Pacific Northwest.

I believe western regions of Oregon and Washington are heavily Christian and conservative.

RPit
02-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Well from what I remember Huckabee had very strong support here in WA but McCain was seen as the presumptive nominee so some went with him in caucus in terms of voting. But in terms of delegation selection everyone basically joined together to push a McCain slate. I think at this moment Santorum is the new Huckabee and he WILL be in a strong position here. But when it comes to delegate selection we will likely pull off a very good majority, I have no doubts about the delegate.

I think we will win WA but if Ron doesn't campaign here much then it will be a problem. This state is very receptive to his message and I think if they refine their GOTV strategy. Tell them when the caucus is, hand out 'information' about the caucus during rallies and so forth, we have a very strong chance of winning this.

But those taking Santorum lightly, don't. He will be a very strong competitor here. Gingrich is toast IMO.

Badger Paul
02-08-2012, 10:24 PM
"I believe western regions of Oregon and Washington are heavily Christian and conservative. "

And Santorum is looking for regions in states which have such voters for him to campaign for.

ohgodno
02-08-2012, 10:26 PM
DON'T underestimate the frothiness - he's been getting waaaaay too much freaking play with the religious vote.

He's just won "three" states in the mind of the media and ill-informed voters for that reason - he's campaigning at churches -Priests and Pastors everywhere are railing against Obama and challenging church-goers to take it to Washington - people are being fooled into thinking frothy will combat him… the purple santorum (to quote John King on CNN last night) is taking up the crusade that the church wants against Obama.

Now we all know he's merely fishing for votes and wouldn't change a thing… but they don't and they're being fooled left and right. That's what we JUST saw last night.

We HAVE to set the record straight with these voters… every election they get fooled into voting for the "pro-life" candidate (that LOVES to bomb brown people) and get let down (except for the brown people bombing that is). Looks like they're falling for it again.

LiveForHonortune
02-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Religion has no place in politics. There ought to be a law... But that damned constitution. Oh wait, Santorum doesn't believe it in anyway.

PaleoPaul
02-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Mark Driscoll is a VERY well-known pastor and is pastor in the state of Washington. He's very popular within Calvinist and evangelical circles.

RON PAUL needs to GET WITH IT and try to win Pastor Driscoll's endorsement!

MrGoose
02-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Are you a responsible adult? What kind of loser goes around throwing glitter at people? If you glitter bomb someone I hope you get what you deserve...a chair bomb.I.... was saying that I WON'T do it... chill out yo

carterm
02-08-2012, 11:24 PM
santorum ruins everything.

Gravik
02-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Religion and politics are a shitty mixture...if you catch my drift ;)

seapilot
02-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Washington is going to legalize gay marriage soon. I read that some republican state reps are supporting it as well. Was surprised at that. Not sure if it will help Santorum or not. It could galvanize the Evangelicals to support Santorum so if he wins WA state it would be a protest vote of sorts. Or it shows that the evangelical is the weak minority in the GOP as they can not stop it from being legalized in their own state.