PDA

View Full Version : Awesome News: Ron Paul Winning the War Over Delegates

Magicman
02-08-2012, 07:36 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/08/ron-paul-winning-the-battle-for-delegates

http://runronpaul.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ron_paul_.jpg

RON PAUL WINNING THE BATTLE FOR DELEGATES
CAMPAIGN IS WELL-POSITIONED IN DELEGATE RACE

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign released the following statement regarding the results of yesterday’s election results. See comments below from Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Manager John Tate.
“We are thrilled with the yesterday’s results. Our campaign to Restore America continues to gain ground, and we are poised to pick up even more delegates from Minnesota and Colorado adding to our delegates in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada.

“As people across the country view the results of yesterday’s contests, it is important to consider a few facts that have not been clearly reported. Not one single delegate was awarded yesterday, instead the caucuses in Minnesota and Colorado were the very first step in the delegate selection process. And there are still over 40 states left to go. The Ron Paul campaign plans to continue to vie for delegates nationwide.

“There are a few significant takeaways from yesterday’s contests to remember:

1) The Missouri primary means nothing. It was a non-binding beauty contest, and the contest that matters in the ‘show me’ state won’t take place for another month. The Ron Paul campaign is well positioned to win delegates in Missouri’s caucus a month from now.

2) As in Iowa where not 1 of the 28 delegates has been awarded yet, in Colorado and Nevada the Paul campaign will do very well in the state delegate counts. We will have good numbers among the actual delegates awarded, far exceeding our straw poll numbers.

3) In Minnesota where we have finished a solid second, we also have a strong majority of the state convention delegates, and the process to elect delegates has also just begun, the Paul campaign is well-organized to win the bulk of delegates there.

“We are confident in gaining a much larger share of delegates than even our impressive showing yesterday indicates. As an example of our campaign’s delegate strength, take a look at what has occurred in Colorado:

In one precinct in Larimer County, the straw poll vote was 23 for Santorum, 13 for Paul, 5 for Romney, 2 for Gingrich. There were 13 delegate slots, and Ron Paul got ALL 13.

In a precinct in Delta County the vote was 22 for Santorum, 12 for Romney, 8 for Paul, 7 for Gingrich. There were 5 delegate slots, and ALL 5 went to Ron Paul.

In a Pueblo County precinct, the vote was 16 for Santorum, 11 for Romney, 3 for Gingrich and 2 for Paul. There were 2 delegate slots filled, and both were filled by Ron Paul supporters.

We are also seeing the same trends in Minnesota, Nevada, and Iowa, and in Missouri as well.

“We may well win Minnesota, and do far better in Colorado than yesterday’s polls indicate.

“In the latest national poll from Reuters/Ipsos Poll, Ron Paul places a strong second with 21 percent, gaining ground on his main competitor nationally, Mitt Romney, whose support seems to be fading at 29 percent. Congressman Paul’s support has grown by 5 percentage points nationally since January, while Romney has seen a 30 percent decline in his support since January.

“This poll follows a January 30th Gallup Poll showing Dr. Paul within the margin of error of defeating Obama. Also, a January 16th CNN/ORC Poll showed Congressman Paul and Obama in a virtual tie in a general election showdown.

“Yesterday’s contests were significant, but not a decisive or a conclusive end to this race. Our campaign will keep pushing forward and continue to take our message of liberty all the way to the convention. This race after all is about delegates, not about beauty contests.”

Peace&Freedom
02-08-2012, 07:54 PM
The campaign has a plan, could be better perhaps, but it does exist, and it is working.

Savvy Jack
02-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Question, why are these not being properly published? Why is the media making it look like Romney is wining with the delegates?

IDefendThePlatform
02-08-2012, 07:58 PM
I saw they read an excerpt from this press release on foxnews tonight. It was Bret bairs show but I didn't hear the audio of what they said about it.

acptulsa
02-08-2012, 08:02 PM
And the better news? We're packing the halls, so when all these delegates fail to create a nominee (because none got 51% of the delegates bound to them in the primaries) and become unbound, the people in the 'smoke filled room' will be watching our smoke.

And they aren't talking about this aspect of it. But they will. Just as soon as they can figure out how to brainwash people into believing that what we're doing is somehow a subversion of the process, or unethical, or anything other than what it is--the way the system is supposed to work. So be ready.

Savvy Jack
02-08-2012, 08:11 PM
There was a time I was against Delegates. I always thought the vote itself should rule.......that was before I discovered people were stupid...lol

bluesc
02-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Question, why are these not being properly published? Why is the media making it look like Romney is wining with the delegates?

The media is making projections. Not accurate. They may call delegates and ask who they support, but chances are that the Paul campaign has told delegates not to reveal that info. You'll know how much we kicked ass when the state conventions come around. There will be fireworks. And blood.

Savvy Jack
02-08-2012, 08:28 PM
The media is making projections. Not accurate. They may call delegates and ask who they support, but chances are that the Paul campaign has told delegates not to reveal that info. You'll know how much we kicked ass when the state conventions come around. There will be fireworks. And blood.

Ah geeesh, I have a headache. When are the State Conventions?

seawolf
02-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I hope the Ron Paul Nation and truly believe this press release. However, the true support for a Candidate besides a vote are donations and they are way, I mean way down in the last three weeks.

RP Daily Donation Tracker is showing just over $30,000 right now and that is a really good day.

Pray for a win Saturday in Maine, that is what Campaign and all of us really need to lift our collective spirits and cause donations to spike just like Santorum's Campaign got today.

DamianTV
02-08-2012, 08:32 PM

MSM makes money by blowing smoke up peoples asses. They think that telling people what they want to hear is a way to win over viewers (viewers, not voters). However, as stated in the article, and in answer to your quesetion, the big reason the MSM doesnt report on this is because THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY DELEGATES RON PAUL HAS.

In one precinct in Larimer County, the straw poll vote was 23 for Santorum, 13 for Paul, 5 for Romney, 2 for Gingrich. There were 13 delegate slots, and Ron Paul got ALL 13.

This is not a unique event. It happens county after county, state after state. We are motivated. We are becoming the delegates. They are not. They are arm chair politicians who watch Fox News and wont vote for Ron Paul simply because they think it is Gambling and they have to bet on the winner. This isnt a Horse Race. What we gain and lose has nothing to do with people who are not motivated enough to show Continued Support. It is ALL about the DELEGATES.

If YOU are not yet a Delegate for Ron Paul, do EVERYTHING in your power to become one. It is not by their ignorance that we lose, it is not all up to Ron Paul to win, it is up to YOU. You, the person reading this right now. If you want Liberty and Freedom and everything else that comes with having a better world, then it is YOUR Responsibility to become LOCALLY INVOLVED. Become a Precinct Captain. Become a Delegate. It is up to YOU to decide if Ron Paul will lose or win.

acptulsa
02-08-2012, 08:56 PM
MSM makes money by blowing smoke up peoples asses. They think that telling people what they want to hear is a way to win over viewers (viewers, not voters). However, as stated in the article, and in answer to your quesetion, the big reason the MSM doesnt report on this is because THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY DELEGATES RON PAUL HAS.

Correction: They don't make a profit at all. They're allowed to exist by their corporate masters because most of them are owned by defense contractors (NBC=GE, CBS=Westinghouse) and they sell a product their corporate masters want sold. And that product is war.

And no, they don't know how many delegates we have. They pretend like they do. But you haven't told them. Have you? We are the delegates they can't count. Count on it. Do it. Make it real.

bluesc
02-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Ah geeesh, I have a headache. When are the State Conventions?

Nevada: 5th - 6th May (county conventions are 10th - 17th March)
Minnesota: 4th - 5th May (district conventions 14th - 21th April)
Colorado: 14th April

mosquitobite
02-08-2012, 09:11 PM
For those confused (I'm aggravated because you SHOULD be signed up to be a delegate and thus be in the know by now)

Each state has district delegates based on where you live. Broken down by county, then by lines within the county. For example my county will send XX delegates to the STATE convention. Then each congressional district in my state will nominate people to send to the NATIONAL convention.

In order to win at the state level (so that Ron Paul people can move on to the NATIONAL level) we need the majority of the people in the STATE conventions. Most people don't step up (only the most active in the party do) and you get to be a state delegate with very little effort!

If you haven't stepped up... you suck. Just so you know.

And a reminder to Hoosiers, tomorrow is the last full day for you to do so!

green73
02-09-2012, 02:25 AM
There was a time I was against Delegates. I always thought the vote itself should rule.......that was before I discovered people were stupid...lol

The media lie

speciallyblend
02-09-2012, 03:25 AM
Question, why are these not being properly published? Why is the media making it look like Romney is winning with the delegates?

well you see romney likes tap dancers and the media doesn't have to worry about the mormon tap dancers;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thyffmWejtM<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thyffmWejtM">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thyffmWejtM

i (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thyffmWejtM)f only romney would stop lying! flashmob romney with some liberty tap-dancers with led flashlights:)

Dsylexic
02-09-2012, 03:43 AM

the media is actually ignorant.they are looking at past data and apportioning the delegates as per straw poll numbers.the fact that straw poll headline numbers are irrelevant are lost on them

mosquitobite
02-09-2012, 08:14 AM
the media is actually ignorant.they are looking at past data and apportioning the delegates as per straw poll numbers.the fact that straw poll headline numbers are irrelevant are lost on them

And the majority of the public has NO idea how the process actually works.

Peace&Freedom
02-09-2012, 11:41 AM

This is the best part of the plan, as it is equivalent to "Sauron doesn't comprehend Frodo is sneaking into Mordor." The media can't imagine that Paul has a chance to win, because they are paying attention to first and second place finishes (which the establishment controls via biased coverage and/or vote rigging), not control of the delegates. When they do think about Paul's delegate pickup they think in terms of "what favors or concessions will he negotiate for" at the convention, not that he WON'T negotiate, but will try to win the nomination by, for example, denying Mitt a first ballot victory, then win it for himself on the second ballot.

enoch150
02-09-2012, 12:26 PM
For those confused (I'm aggravated because you SHOULD be signed up to be a delegate and thus be in the know by now)

Each state has district delegates based on where you live. Broken down by county, then by lines within the county. For example my county will send XX delegates to the STATE convention. Then each congressional district in my state will nominate people to send to the NATIONAL convention.

In order to win at the state level (so that Ron Paul people can move on to the NATIONAL level) we need the majority of the people in the STATE conventions. Most people don't step up (only the most active in the party do) and you get to be a state delegate with very little effort!

If you haven't stepped up... you suck. Just so you know.

And a reminder to Hoosiers, tomorrow is the last full day for you to do so!

Not every state does it the same way. In CT, for example, the candidate who wins the state picks all of the delegates to the national convention, even if some of those delegates are bound on the first round to vote for a different candidate. RP could theoretically win a few delegates from CT for the first round vote by winning one Congressional District, but if he loses the state as a whole, those delegates will end up voting for the winner of the state on the second round.