PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Press Release: RON PAUL WINNING THE BATTLE FOR DELEGATES

eleganz
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/08/ron-paul-winning-the-battle-for-delegates/

CAMPAIGN IS WELL-POSITIONED IN DELEGATE RACE

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign released the following statement regarding the results of yesterday’s election results. See comments below from Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Manager John Tate.
“We are thrilled with the yesterday’s results. Our campaign to Restore America continues to gain ground, and we are poised to pick up even more delegates from Minnesota and Colorado adding to our delegates in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada.

“As people across the country view the results of yesterday’s contests, it is important to consider a few facts that have not been clearly reported. Not one single delegate was awarded yesterday, instead the caucuses in Minnesota and Colorado were the very first step in the delegate selection process. And there are still over 40 states left to go. The Ron Paul campaign plans to continue to vie for delegates nationwide.

“There are a few significant takeaways from yesterday’s contests to remember:

1) The Missouri primary means nothing. It was a non-binding beauty contest, and the contest that matters in the ‘show me’ state won’t take place for another month. The Ron Paul campaign is well positioned to win delegates in Missouri’s caucus a month from now.

2) As in Iowa where not 1 of the 28 delegates has been awarded yet, in Colorado and Nevada the Paul campaign will do very well in the state delegate counts. We will have good numbers among the actual delegates awarded, far exceeding our straw poll numbers.

3) In Minnesota where we have finished a solid second, we also have a strong majority of the state convention delegates, and the process to elect delegates has also just begun, the Paul campaign is well-organized to win the bulk of delegates there.

“We are confident in gaining a much larger share of delegates than even our impressive showing yesterday indicates. As an example of our campaign’s delegate strength, take a look at what has occurred in Colorado:

In one precinct in Larimer County, the straw poll vote was 23 for Santorum, 13 for Paul, 5 for Romney, 2 for Gingrich. There were 13 delegate slots, and Ron Paul got ALL 13.

In a precinct in Delta County the vote was 22 for Santorum, 12 for Romney, 8 for Paul, 7 for Gingrich. There were 5 delegate slots, and ALL 5 went to Ron Paul.

In a Pueblo County precinct, the vote was 16 for Santorum, 11 for Romney, 3 for Gingrich and 2 for Paul. There were 2 delegate slots filled, and both were filled by Ron Paul supporters.

We are also seeing the same trends in Minnesota, Nevada, and Iowa, and in Missouri as well.

“We may well win Minnesota, and do far better in Colorado than yesterday’s polls indicate.

“In the latest national poll from Reuters/Ipsos Poll, Ron Paul places a strong second with 21 percent, gaining ground on his main competitor nationally, Mitt Romney, whose support seems to be fading at 29 percent. Congressman Paul’s support has grown by 5 percentage points nationally since January, while Romney has seen a 30 percent decline in his support since January.

“This poll follows a January 30th Gallup Poll showing Dr. Paul within the margin of error of defeating Obama. Also, a January 16th CNN/ORC Poll showed Congressman Paul and Obama in a virtual tie in a general election showdown.

“Yesterday’s contests were significant, but not a decisive or a conclusive end to this race. Our campaign will keep pushing forward and continue to take our message of liberty all the way to the convention. This race after all is about delegates, not about beauty contests.”

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Good for them.

But this seems to have been before yesterday, so a couple of lines are anachronistic.

RPit
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
I can't believe they made a release of this ;)

Bruno
02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I can't believe they made a release of this ;)

Why not? Showing our cards?

wgadget
02-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Stealth delegates weren't brought up... ;)

eleganz
02-08-2012, 02:20 PM

what are those? :D

BUSHLIED
02-08-2012, 02:32 PM
I applaud the efforts explained in the press release. Ron will amass delegates for sure. The question is what is going to be done in the winner take all states where the campaign has to win to get more delegates?

gerryb
02-08-2012, 02:40 PM
I applaud the efforts explained in the press release. Ron will amass delegates for sure. The question is what is going to be done in the winner take all states where the campaign has to win to get more delegates?

In some/many of those states.. The delegates are also chosen by GOP meetings(sort of like a caucus, but not advertised that way), rather than by the candidates themselves.

Such as Virginia.. The straw vote on super Tuesday will bind those delegates for 1 vote at the RNC.. After that they are unbound.

http://rpv.org/node/908

Forms for participating..

Specifically
Official Call for RPV 2012 State Convention.pdf
Sample RPV Delegate Pre-File Form.pdf

Those delegates are selected at GOP Unit meetings - so they can suppor

JK/SEA
02-08-2012, 02:41 PM
//

Canderson
02-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Bad move, should have waited till we won Maine, no point in sounding their alarms for them.

Noblegeorge
02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Fox reporter just said this press release is demonstrably and mathematically wrong.

shrugged0106
02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Fox reporter just said this press release is demonstrably and mathematically wrong.

did they explain why they felt that way?

Kords21
02-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Fox bothered to report on it?

socal
02-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Quotes from last night's speech on AP video (notice the ad at the beginning, AP makes $ every time it's viewed),

Paul Says Results Help Him Rack Up Delegates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2wSWd2EKv0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2wSWd2EKv0

HOLLYWOOD
02-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Bad move, should have waited till we won Maine, no point in sounding their alarms for them.Yes, many have brought this basic policy up... "Never reveal your hand"

On the down-low... appears Santorum has caught on... to this game plan and stated the same on FOX NEWS this morning.

Darthbrooklyn
02-08-2012, 02:49 PM
FINALLLLYYYYYYY THe Campaign promotes their National Poll credentials, and makes a strong point on electability.. Hallehlujah.. Keep it up

RonPaul101.com
02-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Why not? Showing our cards?

Yes and no. At first glance you may think, won't the other guys see this and therefore become more likely to become delegates themselves? But if you think about it, this release will only be read by folks who eat and sleep politics. In a way, it's using the fact that complacent voters tend to vote with the herd/trend and have zero interest in the civil service of becoming a delegate. Ron Paul has the highest number of political activist type voters, so on average the majority of those finding out this (not-so) secret are new Paul supporters who could be served well in learning about all this.

slamhead
02-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Bad move, should have waited till we won Maine, no point in sounding their alarms for them.

My first thought was not to play your cards too early, but I am thinking this was put out there to fire up more of Ron Paul's base that may have gotten discouraged with the raw numbers.

Maximus
02-08-2012, 02:54 PM
My first thought was not to play your cards too early, but I am thinking this was put out there to fire up more of Ron Paul's base that may have gotten discouraged with the raw numbers.

This, this is to rally us. Get motivated people, let's do this!

shrugged0106
02-08-2012, 02:54 PM
so any idea why that fox reporter said it wasnt legit mathematically?

Maximus
02-08-2012, 02:55 PM

The key word in your question is "fox reporter"

Noblegeorge
02-08-2012, 02:55 PM
did they explain why they felt that way?

Nope. Correspondant just held up the press release at the end of interview laughed and said that. Said Ron only has 9 delegates.

gerryb
02-08-2012, 02:57 PM

Exactly.

Many on this forum still do not understand the strategy.

Someone with clout should make a youtube for each state, and explain the rules/delegate process for that state..

tsetsefly
02-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Guys im sure every campaign is well aware of the RP strategy, hell even CNN was talking about it yesterday. THe thing is we have supporters they have voters. Voters don't want dont know or want to be bothered with the delegate process.

Look at all the soft support Santorum gained alot of those were last minute voters who jumped ship from romney or gingrich you think many of those stayed to become delegates? Off course not. Delegates is where organization and grassroots matters. Romney has the organization and we have both organization and grassroots...

georgiaboy
02-08-2012, 02:58 PM
This is good.

Getting this message put out in the open early will protect Ron at the conventions if the establishment tries to cry foul.

It allows for a healthy discussion of why delegates are even a part of the process as opposed to just counting the popular votes and selecting the nominee from those totals.

Darthbrooklyn
02-08-2012, 03:02 PM
I fkn love it.... Ron F'ing Paul sneaking in the back door..

AlexG
02-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Its not like anyone reads these things but us, lol.

seawolf
02-08-2012, 03:04 PM
The Campaign had to do this for two main reasons, first Campaign Donations have crashed, I am way down, lucky to hit $25,000 a day on the RP Donation Daily Tracker.

Secondly, the RP Base is very restless and some are starting to panic and even drift away.

Saturday is HUGE, we simply have to win, second place will not stem the panic or increase the donations.

A win will reignite the Campaign and there will be a surge in donations, just in time for the No One But Paul Money Bomb on Tuesday.

CJLauderdale4
02-08-2012, 03:06 PM

Actually it's ok to tell the world. In most states it is too late to register to be delegate anyway. So even if supporters of other candidates wised up, it's already too late.

wgadget
02-08-2012, 03:06 PM
I bet that Fox reporter was having an OH, SH$T moment.

Highstreet
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Actually it's ok to tell the world. In most states it is too late to register to be delegate anyway. So even if supporters of other candidates wised up, it's already too late.

^^this!!

SilentBull
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
This, this is to rally us. Get motivated people, let's do this!

That was my thought too.

Keith and stuff
02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Nope. Correspondant just held up the press release at the end of interview laughed and said that. Said Ron only has 9 delegates.

Paul is doing OK with delegates. He is in 3rd and ahead of Santorum.

orenbus
02-08-2012, 03:12 PM
...just in time for the No One But Paul Money Bomb on Tuesday.

Although some on this board seem determined not to promote it.

Cabal
02-08-2012, 03:15 PM

I agree, and I think they needed to make a move like this after last night--there was a lot of negativity as a result of last night, even here; and of course the talking heads of the media will be spinning last night as a nail in the coffin for RP's campaign. So something definitely needed to be done.

jkr
02-08-2012, 03:25 PM
SHUDDUP!

bobmurph
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM

Fox is wrong. They're not looking at this through the prism of Tampa being a brokered convention. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but the way I understand it (I'm certainly no expert) is as follows:

If any candidate goes to Tampa with a majority of bound delegates (which are predetermined by the Caucuses and Primaries and awarded proportionally, unproportionally & bound or unbound according to the laws of each state), then the delegation will vote (each individual for the candidate to which their vote is bound), and the nomination will be awarded to the candidate with a majority. If however, no candidate holds a majority after the first vote, then all the delegates are "released" and are free to vote for whomever they choose in the sequence of votes that ensues.

The strategy that the campaign is employing, is not just to "win" bound delegates through the primary & caucus votes, but to have Ron Paul supporters go through the process of becoming a delegate (which most voters are completely ignorant of) and take as many "generic" delegate slots as possible. So in the event of a brokered convention, there are at least 1144 Ron Paul supporters on the convention floor, and once they are "released" from their binding vote after the first vote, we can all vote for Ron Paul and win the nomination in a succeeding vote.

Am I off base with that explanation?

The questions I have are about the process for electing delegates at the State convention. Are we running to be elected for a "bound" vote for our candidate of choice? For example, lets say a state has 100 Delegates, 30 bound for Ron Paul, 25 for Newt, 25 for Romney and 20 for Frothy. Will we be running to be elected as a delegate for a specific candidate or just for one of the 100 total spots?

And at the National Convention, how do they prevent bound delegates who may supporter someone else (i.e. a Ron Paul supporter that is a bound delegate for Mitt Romney) from not voting who they are bound to?

Agree. They are doing this to keep the grassroots supporters fired up and educate them about the strategy for Ron Paul's path the the GOP Nomination.

camp_steveo
02-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes and no. At first glance you may think, won't the other guys see this and therefore become more likely to become delegates themselves? But if you think about it, this release will only be read by folks who eat and sleep politics. In a way, it's using the fact that complacent voters tend to vote with the herd/trend and have zero interest in the civil service of becoming a delegate. Ron Paul has the highest number of political activist type voters, so on average the majority of those finding out this (not-so) secret are new Paul supporters who could be served well in learning about all this.

I think that's why it's being called a battle. We are winning the battle for delegates! I am very excited to read this.

boethius27
SHUDDUP!
But.... I...... just...................ok.

Maltheus
I was pretty negative going into last night, and I normally take these kind of announcements as just blowing smoke up in there. But after hearing how well my Colorado compatriots have been doing across the state, I'm actually reinvigorated this morning. Nice to hear the campaign second what I've been hearing.

The problem is all of the non-caucus states that don't benefit from our stealth campaign. I think now, that it would have been better for all Paulers to lay their cards on the table, and debate his policies openly across the country. Stealth buy us nothing, unless we win. Openness let's us educate.

camp_steveo

It's working for me. lol

SCOTUSman
02-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Florida delegates are bound through the first 4 votes. Otherwise, I believe where else they are bounded, they are only through the first vote. Don't know any other that are bound through more than one round.

LatinsforPaul
02-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Florida delegates are bound through the first 4 votes. Otherwise, I believe where else they are bounded, they are only through the first vote. Don't know any other that are bound through more than one round.

The Florida Republican Party is run like a DICTATORSHIP when it comes to its delegates.

SCOTUSman
02-08-2012, 03:45 PM
The Florida Republican Party is run like a DICTATORSHIP when it comes to its delegates.

Yes...yes they are. They are an army of some sorts. They do know what they are doing......sadly.

speciallyblend
02-08-2012, 03:57 PM

not sure what stealth delegates are trying to do, in many precincts stealth delegates were ousted for ron paul delegates:) I took any stealth delegates as the enemy. In denver precincts stealth delegates were by passed for ron paul delegates! In many denver precincts ,stealth delegates were overlooked for more passionate delegates!

think about it. for folks that were not willing to comeout for who they supported. If they were stealth it was because they ran unopposed! On a local level if you were not willing to say who you supported. Then you were looked at as to why you wouldn't come out for who you supported. At a local level it only seems a reason to rally against you if they could. Then it really served no purpose. At a county level if your not able to say who you are for odds are they will oust you then. The whole stealth mode is a red flag to me not to trust you.

i gained support from other supporters just being honest.

jmdrake
02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Good for them.

But this seems to have been before yesterday, so a couple of lines are anachronistic.

What do you mean? The press release is dated today. (2012/02/08).

ItsTime
02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Fox News reporter just said... I think that is when I stopped reading lol

newbitech
02-08-2012, 04:10 PM
1) The Missouri primary means nothing. It was a non-binding beauty contest, and the contest that matters in the ‘show me’ state won’t take place for another month. The Ron Paul campaign is well positioned to win delegates in Missouri’s caucus a month from now

and

This race after all is about delegates, not about beauty contests.

completely unnecessary and boarding on juvenile.

So what? Ron Paul, the message, and the campaign are UGLY? Please. The point can be made without treating the voice of the people with disdain.

Also, the reporter is right, it is mathematically wrong because of the binding process. Even though no delegates were awarded, you don't win delegates in binding caucuses/primaries by having a Ron Paul supporter fill the slot.

It is easy to see the strategy is to completely relying on the ignorance of the people regarding the political process. I just find this to be dishonest. Sorry, but to say that the votes of the people don't matter completely discredits representative politics.

Yes, sometimes a leader has to go against the will of the people to do the right thing. However, these SAME people whose votes apparently don't matter WILL vote for their representative in CONGRESS and you can damn sure count on them to look for someone who will impeach the president that they didn't vote for.

Messages like this discredit the movement, discredit representative politics, and SHOULD the campaign LUCK OUT and pull this off, the negative report being established here will cause significant BLOWBACK for the ambitious agenda that a Ron Paul administration will look to establish.

Beauty contest? Hell no this campaign has got to be one of the ugliest and awkward organizations I have seen.

eleganz
02-08-2012, 04:18 PM
This strategy all depends on Romney not being able to get 1144...then its candy for all of us.

Either way, Ron Paul was never going to get 1144 bound delegates...this is the only way forward.

DerailingDaTrain
02-08-2012, 04:31 PM
So, who should I be listening to, the campaign or some Ron Paul supporters who feel that the campaign is immature, stupid, and doesn't know how to do math? I'm really getting sick of even being on here because there is nothing positive here anymore it's just a bunch of gloomy people talking about how they're right and Ron and the campaign are wrong and we should just give up. How could the entire campaign not know what they're talking about? Jesus, all of the negative people should have volunteered and gotten this campaign on the right track...

Edit: F*** it I guess we should just give up.

bluesc
02-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Honestly I think this press release was more to raise morale among the grassroots than to get a news story headline. Clearly they have noticed the decline in morale, especially since the honest failure in Nevada.

Good move.

eleganz
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Honestly I think this press release was more to raise morale among the grassroots than to get a news story headline. Clearly they have noticed the decline in morale, especially since the honest failure in Nevada.

Good move.

To me it isn't even about morale. It seems like it is either the grassroots are really excited and pumped or down on bad news.

How about we all take a good look in the mirror and ask ourselves what are we really doing to help RP win? Sometimes I feel like the grassroots is just a bunch of sensitive children.

We are supposed to be the most organized and passionate base and in the last month or two, I've slowly started to finally accept that the grassroots is a complete failure.

FrancisMarion
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
We are just playing by the rules folks, and every other campaign and their supporters are allowed to do the same.

Good press release. Wake em up to the fact.

brendan.orourke
02-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Yep. These are the rules. We're not doing anything sneaky or underhanded. This process is so stupid and complicated, but we have the energy to navigate through it to get this nomination.

DerailingDaTrain
02-08-2012, 04:41 PM
This obviously didn't help some people's morale. Now everyone is just going to play the blame game (and don't even try to call it constructive criticism) saying: it was the grassroots fault, it was the campaign's fault, it was Jesse Benton's fault, it was blah blah blah blah.

BKom
By claiming they'll get delegates out of proportion to their votes, the campaign is making a huge mistake. And they're also showing that they don't understand the delegate process. Here in Nevada, it doesn't matter how many delegates they got on caucus day. The proportion of national delegates are fixed by how he did in the preference poll. It is not a "straw vote" as they claim. It was last time, but not this time. And the reason it isn't this time is because of what we did by almost taking over the state convention.

This delegate accumulation process will only get you so far. Remember what happened in Missouri when Paul people tried to become delegates? Does anyone think that won't happen again?

This strategy only works if you shut your mouth. But with so many poor performances, I suppose the campaign feels it has to do something to keep raising money. Maybe it's necessary for that, but it's a really bad move.

KingNothing
If we have a brokered convention, Paul will win the nomination.

Imagine how hilarious the flailings of the Party establishment will be when that happens!

brentmpugh
02-08-2012, 04:42 PM
SO if this post is correct...whats this mean?

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2012/02/07/santorum-picks-up-delegates-with-win-in-minnesota

DerailingDaTrain
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
@BKom Please explain how an entire campaign doesn't realize what they're doing Great Wise One?

FrancisMarion
02-08-2012, 04:46 PM
If we have a brokered convention, Paul will win the nomination.

Imagine how hilarious the flailings of the Party establishment will be when that happens!

And then the country can have a real presidential election.

It makes me wonder that if the MSM is anyone but Paul, why do they prop and surge candidates? And in doing so, increase the possibility of a brokered convention. Bret Baier did look confused last night on the topic...

Mark37snj
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
The establishment already knew the Ron Paul campaign was doing this. I even heard a few pundits on CNN and Fox talk about this weeks ago.

PolicyReader
02-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Because Faux has used their own special math for years now?
Just in the last few months alone they plotted a graph to show 8.6% as higher than 9.9% and in another instance showed Paul "surging into second" while he held the highest total of votes counted in that poll.
I think it comes down to soothing the voters who won't bother to fact check what is said, which is pretty much the baseline for how corporate media operates.

2c

ps~ based on all the renditions of the figures I've seen it's quite solid mathematically and far as I can tell that's what has the Status Quo boosters so worried about Ron Paul

BKom
02-08-2012, 05:05 PM
@BKom Please explain how an entire campaign doesn't realize what they're doing Great Wise One?

Well, it's pretty clear they don't understand the delegate process in NV. Because they've got what they've got, no matter how many precinct delegates they have. I happen to be one of those delegates, and there's not a darn thing I can do to affect the outcome in terms of number of national delegates, unless candidates drop out. And that isn't going to happen this time.

The rules changed here in NV because of what a small handful of us were able to accomplish last time. It seems the national campaign doesn't understand that.

Wise enough for you?

pacelli
02-08-2012, 05:13 PM
They released this NOW for the die-hard supporters. You know, the type of people that visit places like Daily Paul and Ron Paul Forums, etc?

I'm glad they did.

eleganz
02-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Obama supporters would be mad to hear about this news...every time Ron gains an inch in this election Obama supporters cry.

I've had one Obama supporter tell me that we're 'gaming' the system with the delegate strategy, essentially inferring that we have to cheat to win, LOL...they're so afraid.

gerryb
02-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Well, it's pretty clear they don't understand the delegate process in NV. Because they've got what they've got, no matter how many precinct delegates they have. I happen to be one of those delegates, and there's not a darn thing I can do to affect the outcome in terms of number of national delegates, unless candidates drop out. And that isn't going to happen this time.

The rules changed here in NV because of what a small handful of us were able to accomplish last time. It seems the national campaign doesn't understand that.

Wise enough for you?

You know if you are a National delegate, you will become unbound if it is a brokered convention? IF we don't have RP folks as delegates to national, all is lost.

Also, from what I've read of the NV rules, you can also move to unbind the delegation at the State convention.

Peace&Freedom
02-08-2012, 05:18 PM
And then the country can have a real presidential election.

It makes me wonder that if the MSM is anyone but Paul, why do they prop and surge candidates? And in doing so, increase the possibility of a brokered convention. Bret Baier did look confused last night on the topic...

The media and establishment thinks a brokered convention will work to the party controllers' advantage, or simply that the 'right' deals will be cut to get Mitt or a substitute moderate nominated. Anything, they think, to block Paul from winning anywhere. The Paul campaign has been advocating this delegate strategy in 2008 and 2012, so it's had a long time to work this out.

It didn't take hold in '08 because the winner-take-all primaries were so frontloaded in the schedule (and most contenders dropped out so soon) that there were not enough states left, or a divided enough field to make the strategy work. This primary race is obviously different. The MSM is still thinking based on the pre-2012 scenario where winning the nomination mostly depended on winning states outright, not finessing delegates. They may be in for a big surprise.

LibertasPraesidium
02-08-2012, 05:19 PM
:toady: WINNING :toady:

PolicyReader
02-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Not all states are bound after the popular vote. Nevada is, Minnesota isn't which puts all its delegates up for grabs.
Now clearly the idea isn't to avoid taking any bound delegates but there's no reason not to play by the rules and pick up extra unbound delegates where ever possible.
Pointing out the fact that the direct popular vote doesn't actually decide the nomination so that the less politically educated supporters don't buy the media bull about it 'being effectively over' is worth doing.

For now, despite his rough night, the NPR tracker shows Mitt Romney leading with 73 delegates; Newt Gingrich in second with 29; Ron Paul in third place with 8; and Tuesday's big winner, Rick Santorum, in last place with 3 delegates. All have a long way to go to get to 1,144, the number needed to secure the GOP nomination.
http://www.kunc.org/post/counting-gop-delegates-not-theyre-official
There's the actual total as of today and some of the contests due to the nature of how they award delegates won't grant bound delegates at all, beyond that no one will know how things like the challenge to the FL process violating the GOP rules will play out until it is finally adjudicated. And all of that is without even touching the whole 'brokered convention' idea one way or another.

BKom
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
You know if you are a National delegate, you will become unbound if it is a brokered convention? IF we don't have RP folks as delegates to national, all is lost.

Also, from what I've read of the NV rules, you can also move to unbind the delegation at the State convention.

The problem with this is that the Mittbots will show up this time. We won't be likely to unbind delegates because they have a majority. And you're correct, we may be unbound on a second ballot at the national convention. But to support Ron, we'll need more Ron national delegates, and the party has figured out how to keep that from happening now. We had surprise on our side last time, but this time it's not going to work.

LibertasPraesidium
02-08-2012, 05:31 PM
We have organization on our side this time and they are having issues with that.

This process is exceptionally different in each state and even my example is different from what MN does. It was a basic example of how the system works.

robert9712000
02-08-2012, 05:36 PM
The problem with this is that the Mittbots will show up this time. We won't be likely to unbind delegates because they have a majority. And you're correct, we may be unbound on a second ballot at the national convention. But to support Ron, we'll need more Ron national delegates, and the party has figured out how to keep that from happening now. We had surprise on our side last time, but this time it's not going to work.

Well its Obvious were not going to even have a shot at the nomination unless it comes down to a brokered convention.But in your opinion it wont work.So what do you suggest we do.Give up and accept defeat?

Im tired of accepting that our country will continue to take away my rights and place greater and greater burdens on me financially.There comes a point where the odds of winning don't matter.If there's a 1% chance its still better worth trying to fight for it than accepting what the status quo has to offer you.

flynn
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Why do you think they called him frothy? Because he's been falling for people sneaking up on his backdoor all the time.

LibertasPraesidium
02-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Well its Obvious were not going to even have a shot at the nomination unless it comes down to a brokered convention.But in your opinion it wont work.So what do you suggest we do.Give up and accept defeat?

Im tired of accepting that our country will continue to take away my rights and place greater and greater burdens on me financially.There comes a point where the odds of winning don't matter.If there's a 1% chance its still better worth trying to fight for it than accepting what the status quo has to offer you.

Luckily with the way things are going there is a better and better chance each day that we are winning.

evilfunnystuff
02-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Bump

RonPaulMall
02-09-2012, 01:04 AM
By claiming they'll get delegates out of proportion to their votes, the campaign is making a huge mistake. And they're also showing that they don't understand the delegate process. Here in Nevada, it doesn't matter how many delegates they got on caucus day. The proportion of national delegates are fixed by how he did in the preference poll. It is not a "straw vote" as they claim. It was last time, but not this time. And the reason it isn't this time is because of what we did by almost taking over the state convention.

That is true about Nevada, but it is most certainly not true about Minnesota, Colorado, or Missouri. To some extent, the press release is clearly propaganda. They cherry picked precincts in which we won every single delegate and highlighted those. But the point stands. We should win at least the plurality of national delegates in Minnesota and maybe an outright majority. Colorado won't be as good, but better than our percentage of the vote yesterday. Same thing for Missouri. We are going to win delegates out of proportion to our votes. It doesn't matter in Nevada, but it matters everywhere else.

Aratus
02-09-2012, 06:27 AM
we might get the nomination before things go brokered, but if they do, lets position ourselves.

ILUVRP
02-09-2012, 08:26 AM
i have been a very strong RP as POTUS supporter for the last 6 yrs , the thing is he for sure needs a new strong issue that effects all americans and pull new supporters into his camp.

last year ( 2011 ) americans spent about $500 billion on gasoline , thats $100 billion more than 2010. with the price of crude oil at $100/ba and will never ( i think ) go below $90/ba again .

a lot of the price of crude oil is because of big speculators and the OPEC cartel. no commodity should be traded on our futures exchanges that is controlled be a cartel . that is not FREE TRADE .

if they want to trade crude oil and the cracks ( heating oil/gasoline ) then the margin requirements should be raised from 6% to 75% --the contracts should be for delivery only , if you by a contract or a thousand contracts you must take delivery.

the price of crude oil is going to kill our economy and no one seems to care.

if RP ever wants to get above 15% he must get on a new idea that normal americans understand , thats their pocket book.

cheapseats
02-09-2012, 08:34 AM
i have been a very strong RP as POTUS supporter for the last 6 yrs , the thing is he for sure needs a new strong issue that effects all americans and pull new supporters into his camp.

last year ( 2011 ) americans spent about $500 billion on gasoline , thats $100 billion more than 2010. with the price of crude oil at $100/ba and will never ( i think ) go below $90/ba again .

a lot of the price of crude oil is because of big speculators and the OPEC cartel. no commodity should be traded on our futures exchanges that is controlled be a cartel . that is not FREE TRADE .

if they want to trade crude oil and the cracks ( heating oil/gasoline ) then the margin requirements should be raised from 6% to 75% --the contracts should be for delivery only , if you by a contract or a thousand contracts you must take delivery.

the price of crude oil is going to kill our economy and no one seems to care.

if RP ever wants to get above 15% he must get on a new idea that normal americans understand , thats their pocket book.

YES.

I have the DISTINCT impression that some of the Legislate Morality folk WOULD pay $20/gallon for gas, in exchange for overturn of Roe vs. Wade.

What has one to do with the other, you ask? NOTHING.

opinionatedfool
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM

What a dummy.

Matthew Zak
02-09-2012, 02:10 PM

I disagree. The sooner we get the "Ron Paul has no chance" conversation turned around, the better his chances at winning a state become. As Ron Paul said (and which is common sense), at some point, he's going to have to win.

Aratus
02-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Maine is ours?