PDA

View Full Version : Romney plans 1st visit to Maine; Paul might be back

EndTheFed
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/df5f9fb596fd4fa08619a6b742426e45/ME--Maine-GOP-Caucuses/

Brett85
02-08-2012, 12:16 PM
"Might be back?" Where else would he possibly have to go? There are no more primaries until the end of the month. It would be ridiculous for Ron not to be camped out there until the caucus ends on Saturday.

Kregisen
02-08-2012, 12:17 PM
1. Why does Maine have a 7 day caucus?

2. What are our chances? Supposedly it's a 2-way race between us and Romney. Hopefully we put everything we have into it.

brendan.orourke
02-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Paul better be back!

low preference guy
02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
"Might be back?" Where else would he possibly have to go? There are no more primaries until the end of the month. It would be ridiculous for Ron not to be camped out there until the caucus ends on Saturday.

no need to react hysterically.

Brett85
02-08-2012, 12:21 PM
no need to react hysterically.

I'm just giving my objective opinion. I don't think the campaign has been run very efficiently overall. (Better than 2008, but still not up to par.)

Maximus
02-08-2012, 12:23 PM
We should be there right now.

CTRattlesnake
02-08-2012, 12:25 PM
There is NO REASON the campaign should not be in Maine right now.

Maine is the only primary for several weeks AND we have a good shot a winning it. If Ron does not counter Romney and make an appearance up there, I will be completely shocked at how inept this campaign is proving to be.

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 12:28 PM
That 'the Republic' doesn't track Ron's movements is hardly a shocker.

The campaign said he would not be at CPAC because he plans to be in Maine.

CTRattlesnake
02-08-2012, 12:29 PM
That 'the Republic' doesn't track Ron's movements is hardly a shocker.

The campaign said he would not be at CPAC because he plans to be in Maine.

Have a link? I searched this morning and I couldnt find anything conclusive.

If you're correct, that certainly is good news. With such a small turnout in Maine, the presence of a major candidate could tip the scales either way.

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
It was a week or so ago.

CTRattlesnake
02-08-2012, 12:31 PM
It was a week or so ago.

So is it speculation or is there a schedule out?

affa
02-08-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm just giving my objective opinion. I don't think the campaign has been run very efficiently overall. (Better than 2008, but still not up to par.)

'Objective opinion' is as silly a phrase as 'subjective opinion' - one's paradoxical, the other redundant. It's your opinion, no need to sauce it up with fancy words, especially ones that conflict with the word they are describing.

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 12:34 PM
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/ron-paul-declines-cpac-invitation/355071

Ron Paul has declined an invitation to speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Washington D.C., according to a release from the American Conservative Union.

Paul will instead be campaigning in the state of Maine, where he has a good shot at winning a significant portion of votes.

I do not have the schedule, no.

perhaps he changed his mind. Or perhaps he is keeping his movements more under the radar, and might be communicating with people in Maine by email until he announces an event.

Kords21
02-08-2012, 12:34 PM
I would hope that the Paul campaign is in Maine and Dr. Paul will practically be living in Maine until the results are listed. This is our best chance to get o the board as far as winning a state goes. The delegate strategy is all good and fine, but you have to win a state for people to start taking you seriously. Look at all the publicity Santorum is getting from his sweep. We need momentum and we need it bad.

CTRattlesnake
02-08-2012, 12:36 PM
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/ron-paul-declines-cpac-invitation/355071

I do not have the schedule, no.

perhaps he changed his mind. Or perhaps he is keeping his movements more under the radar, and might be communicating with people in Maine by email until he announces an event.

Thanks a lot.

Thats great news, it seems like Paul will be there around the same time as Romney. The good news is that the majority of Maine has already voted, so barring an implosion, we're looking pretty good IMO.

joshnorris14
02-08-2012, 12:38 PM

Objective opinion lol

Isn't that an oxymoron.

mavtek
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
I believe Ron is in Texas right now, enjoying his recliner and a good economics book.

RonPaul101.com
02-08-2012, 12:45 PM
There is NO REASON the campaign should not be in Maine right now.

Maine is the only primary for several weeks AND we have a good shot a winning it. If Ron does not counter Romney and make an appearance up there, I will be completely shocked at how inept this campaign is proving to be.

And... I think Paul should be doing Caucus Stumps Speeches each day on his own whenever possible like he final started doing in MN. It makes for a personal connection. I don;t have the schedule memorized but if there is more than one place at any given time, choose the most favorable crowd or highest expected turnout and Stump there.

For example, these two places are 20 mins from each other, he could hit both for quick speeches and that's 2 of 3 contests tomorrow.

February 9th Caucuses
-----------
Raymond
February 9th, 7:00 P.M.
Raymond Town Office
------------
Standish
February 9th, 6:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Town Hall

Friday February 10th Caucuses - Only 1 location, so hit that too...
-----------
Ogunquit
Friday, February 10, 1:00 pm
Dunaway Community Center

Saturday there are many starting as early as 8am and going to as late as 2pm, so hit 3 or 4 by grouping them geographically once you've identified any must see caucuses or high voter count areas.

Maybe try to get Rand to stump at 1 or 2 as well.

ssjevot
02-08-2012, 12:51 PM
I believe Ron is in Texas right now, enjoying his recliner and a good economics book.

Well someone needs to tell him that Romney is in Maine and unless he gets there and stays there Romney is going to win. In order to win you have to campaign, you know like Santorum is doing. The official campaign frustrates me more everyday with what can only be perceived as a half-hearted attempt at winning. The grassroots are putting everything into this so the campaign could at least do as much as the other candidates.

PaleoPaul
02-08-2012, 12:54 PM
If Ron Paul isn't up there right now, he doesn't deserve to win. He needs to make his mark first!

RonPaul101.com
02-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Well someone needs to tell him that Romney is in Maine and unless he gets there and stays there Romney is going to win. In order to win you have to campaign, you know like Santorum is doing. The official campaign frustrates me more everyday with what can only be perceived as a half-hearted attempt at winning. The grassroots are putting everything into this so the campaign could at least do as much as the other candidates.

EXACTLY. And if they all need "a break" fly their asses to Puerto Rico for 4 days starting 2/12 to relax AND campaign in the nice warm weather. (We'd likely be the only candidate to stop there this cycle.)

seawolf
02-08-2012, 12:56 PM
If Ron is not back in Maine by Friday, there will be a revolt within the RP Nation.

Donations have already cratered in the last three weeks, I predict if Ron does not fight for Maine hard this week Supporters will walk away in droves.

The Campaign better be listening.

Canderson
02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Don't worry, Paul will probably be back, and Romney is going to arrive Friday as the caucus wraps up, too lat to make much of an impact. Also Romney's presence will add validity to what will probably be our first win.

ssjevot
02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Don't worry, Paul will probably be back, and Romney is going to arrive Friday as the caucus wraps up, too lat to make much of an impact. Also Romney's presence will add validity to what will probably be our first win.

See when you say probably be back that's why we worry. There is zero excuse for him not to be back. What does he have to do that is more important than campaigning in Maine?

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 01:19 PM
See when you say probably be back that's why we worry. There is zero excuse for him not to be back. What does he have to do that is more important than campaigning in Maine?

why tear down the campaign when he has said he is going before you ever brought it up? I don't get it.

eleganz
02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
again...grassroots constantly attacking the campaign while doing very little itself.

pat yourselves on the back guys...bravo!

ssjevot
02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
why tear down the campaign when he has said he is going before you ever brought it up? I don't get it.

I was one of the people who thought skipping CPAC to campaign in Maine was a good idea. Yet no one seems to know when he is going to be in Maine or what the campaign is currently doing. Why are these things not planned out? Santorum was all over Minnesota and it worked out very well for him, the campaign needs to use that strategy and speak at caucuses.

WD-NY
02-08-2012, 01:34 PM
If Ron is not back in Maine by Friday, there will be a revolt within the RP Nation.

Donations have already cratered in the last three weeks, I predict if Ron does not fight for Maine hard this week Supporters will walk away in droves.

The Campaign better be listening.

Email Doug Wead (dougwead@aol.com) -

Also, if you have an account at the dailypaul, I would start a new thread saying exactly as much - I get the feeling that Ron and senior people within the campaign avoid RPF (out of sight, out of mind > denial)

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I was one of the people who thought skipping CPAC to campaign in Maine was a good idea. Yet no one seems to know when he is going to be in Maine or what the campaign is currently doing. Why are these things not planned out? Santorum was all over Minnesota and it worked out very well for him, the campaign needs to use that strategy and speak at caucuses.

It could be that he is planning it out with people in Maine. He has Maine facebook pages, Maine supporter websites, email addresses, phone numbers. The reason we don't know what Romney is up to is he doesn't do his organization on internet message boards. Maybe Ron keeps some stuff close to his vest until he needs to put it in newspapers announcing an imminent event.

I agree I'd like to see a town hall or two in a schedule, now, but it would be for my own benefit, and would do the campaign no good, if I did.

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Email Doug Wead (dougwead@aol.com) -

Also, if you have an account at the dailypaul, I would start a new thread saying exactly as much - I get the feeling that Ron and senior people within the campaign avoid RPF (out of sight, out of mind > denial)

They come here. But there is a campaign suggestion box forum. Personally, I wouldn't go around with threads about donations having cratered and the sky falling just as a matter of strategy, though. I think it won't be helpful and could be harmful. Emailing Wead could be helpful if they haven't considered that, though.

WD-NY
02-08-2012, 01:40 PM

We were given the same song and dance during Florida too (re: "Paul is skipping FL to focus on the Feb 7 caucus state"... and yet, how many visits did he make while not campaigning in FL?)

Again, the grassroots isn't getting frustrated because we're losing... we're getting frustrated because our questions/suggestions/concerns are being entirely ignored by the campaign.

It's a 1 way conversation...

If our questions/suggestions/concerns were openly being addressed/responded-to by the campaign I am confident that the frustration level would be at or near null.

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 01:42 PM
We were given the same song and dance during Florida too (re: "Paul is skipping FL to focus on the Feb 7 caucus state"... and yet, how many visits did he make while not campaigning in FL?)

Again, the grassroots isn't getting frustrated because we're losing... we're getting frustrated because our questions/suggestions/concerns are being entirely ignored by the campaign.

It's a 1 way conversation...

If our questions/suggestions/concerns were openly being addressed/responded-to by the campaign I am confident that the frustration level would be at or near null.

I actually don't remember them saying that. Did they? I remember them saying they were skipping Florida to save MONEY for other contests, not saying that he would be going to them during that time. Whereas this time it looks like the reason he gave for not being at CPAC was that he is going to Maine. I think I also saw something about a rally in a ballroom there (in Maine), but couldn't find it quickly, a minute ago.

I would have maybe done things differently a couple of places myself, but I'm just speaking about the communication. I don't think they told us they were doing something and then didn't.

tsetsefly
02-08-2012, 01:52 PM
fuck me, this is what I feard, its a must a must for RP to be there!!!

abruzz0
02-08-2012, 01:56 PM
We desperately need a win. Everyone else has won a state aside from us. Maine can give us much needed momentum, and Romney's tryna shave off some of our support by taking a visit.

musicmax
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Neither Politico nor RP2012.com shows ANY events between today's Cavuto appearance and the 2/22 debate.

musicmax
02-08-2012, 02:13 PM
They come here. But there is a campaign suggestion box forum. Personally, I wouldn't go around with threads about donations having cratered and the sky falling just as a matter of strategy, though. I think it won't be helpful and could be harmful. Emailing Wead could be helpful if they haven't considered that, though.

Maybe they'll work harder if they know their source of income is drying up because they're not doing anything to earn it.

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Neither Politico nor RP2012.com shows ANY events between today's Cavuto appearance and the 2/22 debate.

Politico wouldn't know before we did.

And I know the campaign page didn't because I looked. but I remember the Colorado/Nevada ones didn't go up until about the day before he went there, either, but he had been communicating with his grassroots there.

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Maybe they'll work harder if they know their source of income is drying up because they're not doing anything to earn it.

Maybe they CAN'T if their source of income dries up. Meanwhile it tends to give the impression his support is falling apart which would be truly weird timing and VERY contrary to building support for Maine or anywhere else.

seapilot
02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Sounds to me like he is going back to Maine. Its not even 1 day after Minnesota yet. Good article also at the link.

In Paul's case, he invested plenty of time and money in Minnesota as he searched for the first win of his campaign. He said he's happy with the results and will shift his sights to Maine, where caucus results are due Saturday.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/From-the-Wires/2012/0208/Why-Ron-Paul-says-Mitt-Romney-can-be-caught

moonshine5757
02-08-2012, 02:19 PM
if Ron isn't in Maine by tomorrow kissing every baby and shaking every hand, I will be baffled.

musicmax
02-08-2012, 02:22 PM
if Ron isn't in Maine by tomorrow kissing every baby and shaking every hand, I will be baffled.

Our base will turn out but it is probably not enough to win it right now (see: Iowa). It is the undecideds - especially the ones wavering from Romney now that he looks vulnerable - who we need to capture.

HOLLYWOOD
02-08-2012, 02:25 PM
It could be that he is planning it out with people in Maine. He has Maine facebook pages, Maine supporter websites, email addresses, phone numbers. The reason we don't know what Romney is up to is he doesn't do his organization on internet message boards. Maybe Ron keeps some stuff close to his vest until he needs to put it in newspapers announcing an imminent event.

I agree I'd like to see a town hall or two in a schedule, now, but it would be for my own benefit, and would do the campaign no good, if I did.

I was one of the people who thought skipping CPAC to campaign in Maine was a good idea. Yet no one seems to know when he is going to be in Maine or what the campaign is currently doing. Why are these things not planned out? Santorum was all over Minnesota and it worked out very well for him, the campaign needs to use that strategy and speak at caucuses.Meanwhile Santorum has his Billionaire On-Stage with him and traveling together. Romney has $10's of Millions from corporations/Wall St./Bankers running his show. Tons of experts, consultants, input... on & on

Ron Paul Forums is the Plague to the campaign it appears... Gesus, the only way to confront the campaign was getting a hold of Jesse Benton on C-SPAN's Washington Journal. :rolleyes:

Here's "Mr Freeze" onstage with Santorum with WIN #1 in Iowa. He's been there on almost every campaign stop since. the FEC is such BS.
http://planetjh.com/BlogThreads/331d07f0-6f97-4cae-9704-168ee5a5ba2f/photos/M_themonus.jpg

All that said, the real concern is Ron Paul's lack of campaigning... leaving Iowa at the most critical time, same for New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, Nevada, Minnesota, Colorado. Minimum schedules or no schedule sent out... Nothing listed in the MSM political sections. Nothing proactive... Has anybody been tracking the MEDIA news in MAINE? It's not good. Most papers have carried every story that marginalizes Ron Paul. "HOOKERS support Ron Paul", Ron Paul won't Drop Out" "Ron Paul Drags Along" "the foreign policy nonsense" on & on WELL IN ADVANCE to RP appearances and elections. If anyone has done their homework and politicking, it's the media, well in advance. Vigilance is being Proactive not Reactive in the filthy game of politics.

This flying back and forth to Lake Jackson every other day is an absolute waste of donor's campaign funds. Very frustrating and it's quite odd as to why spending all this money on travel. Unless there's something that we don't know about Ron. If you want to win... then you work 7 days a week, even the Taboo Sundays that Ron has to be back in Texas each week.

While the other campaigns has tour buses and vehicles hitting the roads city to town to city, giving plenty of visibility, Ron is flying @ 30,000ft back and forth to Texas.

Imagine all that flying money from those trips spent on media Ads, on more public appearances, consultants, teaparty, elder voters...

RonPaul101.com
02-08-2012, 02:31 PM

True, but why fly home to Texas at all? Is it really that helpful/restful to be home for 24 hours and then hop a flight all the way up to Maine? I would have preferred going directly to Maine from MN and just take a day of rest in Maine.

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Ron has been doing a lot for 30 years. I don't begrudge him his -- Sunday off when he can -- schedule, I assume he knows the upsides and down. It may be as far as he is willing to bend for religious reasons. He may just be pacing himself for a long fight. I don't know, but he has done so much, I'm not going to criticize him for it, even when I personally might prefer a different way of handling it.

HOLLYWOOD
02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
True, but why fly home to Texas at all? Is it really that helpful/restful to be home for 24 hours and then hop a flight all the way up to Maine? I would have preferred going directly to Maine from MN and just take a day of rest in Maine.As I recall, there's been plenty of republicans vacationing in Maine, especially, Kennebunkport, which is kinda infamous in history. Flying, constant timezone changes, wear you down. You want your feet on the ground and acclimated. It appears to be the opposite to what Ron is constantly doing with this daily "Tethered to Texas".

There's something very odd about Ron having to be back in his home every couple of days.

EndTheFed
02-08-2012, 02:47 PM
... There's something very odd about Ron having to be back in his home every couple of days.

He goes back for the bike ride!

tsetsefly
02-08-2012, 03:04 PM
He is in Texas???? You have to be fucking kidding me, cant they get a nice hotel in Maine and rest there? this is insane unless there is some reason we don't know about...

Sarge
02-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Just got a Ann Romney call or robo call. She asked me to vote for Mitt and as soon as I said not a chance in ----click they cut me off. Never got the last word out.

Now, Ron had a cold when he went back to Texas the first time. Not an excuse now though, his wife is traveling with him and he needs to suck it up and get out the votes.
Either commit or quit. I won't quit and I know he will not quit, but, he needs to be gone, until he wins. Then, and only then, they can stay home at the White House.

Not an easy task at that age, but, he has elected to go all the way so now he needs to do that.

Brett85
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
'Objective opinion' is as silly a phrase as 'subjective opinion' - one's paradoxical, the other redundant. It's your opinion, no need to sauce it up with fancy words, especially ones that conflict with the word they are describing.

Now I remember why you're on my ignore list.

Student Of Paulism
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM
He is in Texas???? You have to be fucking kidding me, cant they get a nice hotel in Maine and rest there? this is insane unless there is some reason we don't know about...

Yea, it is just inexplicable to keep doing this. He needs to win a state and time is running out. Literally every second you can be campaigning is of the highest value at this point. Rick just won 3 states in 1 day, so yea, he can afford to 'rest for a day'. However, Ron has done this all too often with nothing to really justify it. Even if it was just 1 event in ME today, it would be something and as stated already, he can rest up there, why the hassle of flying back to Texas every time?

Ffs, this is just really a terrible decision, this is a critical time and when it comes down to situations like this, you just have to go into an extra gear and do what needs to be done. And if you think this is bad, lets flashback to Jan 11th. I suppose those FOUR DAYS OFF was a wise decision too? That pretty much led to us tanking out in SC, among other reasons once they arrived.

I get everyone needs a rest and campaigning is grueling work, but right now, you simply just cannot be doing that. We were all hoping to win 2 out of these 5 states, and don't even have 1 of them, although we didn't do miserably, he still could have done better, and with the last one in this stretch, i find it quite depressing they feel this is the time for a 'break'.

Kevin_Kennedy
02-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Last night John King was doing some speculation on the electoral map and gave Maine and Washington to Ron Paul. After coming in third in Nevada Paul needs to win Maine at least. If not the media will just ignore him even more than they already do.

Havax
02-08-2012, 03:43 PM
We should go full out Keynesian mode and spend every last cent and then some (into debt) in Maine right now. It's our last stand. We need to win a state, it will slow Santorum's momentum and shatter the perspective that Ron "can't win". Without winning Maine, we might not have the momentum to win a single state all election, even Montana, which is virtually the last state to vote. I'd be devastated if we came out of this thing not being able to win a single state.

affa
02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Now I remember why you're on my ignore list.

Actually, I'm on your ignore list because you love to restate peoples opinion's incorrectly in order to marginalize them and I [and many others] call you out on it. But heck, if I really was on your ignore list you wouldn't be reading this. That said, if you want to claim it's because I point out you think your opinion is 'objective', be my guest.

IN OTHER NEWS: Ron Paul is killing it. We've been cheering on his speeches and foreign policy interviews for days! Homerun! Homerun! And... one day where he's not in the news, and people are on him like a pack of wolves. Jeez guys, give him a chance to even get to Maine before you tear him down.

veto
02-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I have to agree he should be in Maine, he needs the win BAD!! A win in Maine could change everything, a strong second to Romney will change nothing in the media attention Paul gets. Notice last night hardly a mention about Minnesota. All I have seen today is Santorum blah, Romney hurt but still on path to win, Gingrich hurting. Not much mention of Paul.

Brett85
02-08-2012, 04:20 PM
But heck, if I really was on your ignore list you wouldn't be reading this.

You can have someone on your ignore list and still click to read their post. I really wouldn't have a problem with you if you didn't act like such a stalker.

alucard13mmfmj
02-08-2012, 04:24 PM
RP cant do anything if he cant win and get new donors. even if we want to "drag" all the way to the convention... wheres the money gonna come from? most of the hardcore donors are maxed out on the campaign contributions.

WD-NY
02-08-2012, 05:13 PM

This. No big speeches or events needed.

He just needs to swing in to a few churches, diners, senior centers, etc. and shake hands + answer whatever questions they have for him.

The goal should be: Tomorrow & Friday... as many small stops as possible.

eleganz
02-08-2012, 05:19 PM
people still mad about Ron Paul not being everywhere at once?

lol

That is what we are for...where Ron is absent, we fill in to do the hardwork and get this done but I guess that is too much to ask of you guys.

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Just got a Ann Romney call or robo call. She asked me to vote for Mitt and as soon as I said not a chance in ----click they cut me off. Never got the last word out.

Now, Ron had a cold when he went back to Texas the first time. Not an excuse now though, his wife is traveling with him and he needs to suck it up and get out the votes.
Either commit or quit. I won't quit and I know he will not quit, but, he needs to be gone, until he wins. Then, and only then, they can stay home at the White House.

Not an easy task at that age, but, he has elected to go all the way so now he needs to do that.
No one knows that he is in Texas but he might well have had to fly his wife home. She was with him the last couple of weeks, and she had a heart attack during the last campaign.

WD-NY
02-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Yea, it is just inexplicable to keep doing this. He needs to win a state and time is running out. Literally every second you can be campaigning is of the highest value at this point. Rick just won 3 states in 1 day, so yea, he can afford to 'rest for a day'. However, Ron has done this all too often with nothing to really justify it. Even if it was just 1 event in ME today, it would be something and as stated already, he can rest up there, why the hassle of flying back to Texas every time?

Ffs, this is just really a terrible decision, this is a critical time and when it comes down to situations like this, you just have to go into an extra gear and do what needs to be done. And if you think this is bad, lets flashback to Jan 11th. I suppose those FOUR DAYS OFF was a wise decision too? That pretty much led to us tanking out in SC, among other reasons once they arrived.

I get everyone needs a rest and campaigning is grueling work, but right now, you simply just cannot be doing that. We were all hoping to win 2 out of these 5 states, and don't even have 1 of them, although we didn't do miserably, he still could have done better, and with the last one in this stretch, i find it quite depressing they feel this is the time for a 'break'.

Santorum taking a day off?? We should be so lucky... the dude took an overnight flight to Texas so that he could meet with a bunch of pastors (re: evangelical voters ftw) and "Big Money" donors today.

#hustle #doingwhatittakestowin

Student Of Paulism
02-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Santorum taking a day off?? We should be so lucky... the dude took an overnight flight to Texas so that he could meet with a bunch of pastors (re: evangelical voters ftw) and "Big Money" donors today.

#hustle #doingwhatittakestowin

Nah, i just meant hypothetically. If he was to do that, it wouldn't hurt him since he is riding a huge wave. However, in Ron's case, it surely won't help his cause right now.

So Rick is over in TX now? Lol maybe him and Ron can meet for lunch.

VictorB
02-08-2012, 05:51 PM
We need to be in Maine TOMORROW! No excuses. Spend the next three days in Maine and deliver the victory speech on Saturday. After that the campaign must camp out in Washington. We need that state bad. We cant assume because we did very well there in 2008 hat we will do very well there in 2012.

WD-NY
02-08-2012, 06:12 PM
lol, Santorum is too busy pandering to jesus/evangelicals voters to relax in a hammock with Ron.

And for those making the "we're campaign smarter not harder" argument, I hate to say it but Santorum is pwning us on that front too...

Case-in-point: it doesn't get much smarter than the optics being pushed out today by the Santorum campaign. Every channel is showing clips of him giving a speech in front a stained glass window at the alter of some sweet little church in TX (talking about faith and religion of course). These clips are being followed up by non-stop, breathless coverage of a huge new "war on religion" controversy over birth control pills... so I think it's safe to say that religious-right viewers will have ZERO trouble connecting those 2 dots -

3 wins last night + birth control 'war on religion' controversy + shameless pandering to religious right + theocratic social conservative platform = a perfect storm for Santorum to shore up the evangelical vote.

Whoever is managing Santorum's 'image' is a real pro.. that much is certain.