PDA

View Full Version : Drones over U.S. get OK by Congress

flightlesskiwi
02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/7/coming-to-a-sky-near-you/

The FAA Reauthorization Act, which President Obama is expected to sign, also orders the Federal Aviation Administration to develop regulations for the testing and licensing of commercial drones by 2015.

Privacy advocates say the measure will lead to widespread use of drones for electronic surveillance by police agencies across the country and eventually by private companies as well.

“There are serious policy questions on the horizon about privacy and surveillance, by both government agencies and commercial entities,” said Steven Aftergood, who heads the Project on Government Secrecy at the Federation of American Scientists.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation also is “concerned about the implications for surveillance by government agencies,” said attorney Jennifer Lynch.

The provision in the legislation is the fruit of “a huge push by lawmakers and the defense sector to expand the use of drones” in American airspace, she added.

According to some estimates, the commercial drone market in the United States could be worth hundreds of millions of dollars once the FAA clears their use.

The agency projects that 30,000 drones could be in the nation’s skies by 2020.

hip hip hooooraaaaay!:rolleyes:

iamse7en
02-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Win/win for the globalists... Military-industrial complex gets stimulated, tyrannical monsters get their surveillance, the sheeple get their illusion of security.

Lishy
02-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Since they're using drones like it's nothing, I hope they don't mind if I make a drone to spy on other drones?

flightlesskiwi
02-08-2012, 12:17 PM
:( "it's for the children!!"

Win/win for the globalists... Military-industrial complex gets stimulated, tyrannical monsters get their surveillance, the sheeple get their illusion of security.

edit: we'll see what happens to the general aviation world.

steph3n
02-08-2012, 12:37 PM
umm under 400 feet there is nothing preventing drones already, in they they are widely used.

People don't know this?

Frankly, I like it, it means I don't have a bunch of crap to go through to fly my RC planes!

WilliamC
02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Anyway to get them to all simultaneously target DC?

At least that way they'd do some good....

flightlesskiwi
02-08-2012, 06:59 PM
1984 bump

papitosabe
02-26-2012, 11:51 PM
not sure why this isn't getting more attention...guess we should just wait until 2020

heavenlyboy34
02-26-2012, 11:52 PM
:( Well, Skynet is self-aware. I predicted this happening sooner or later.

Anti Federalist
02-26-2012, 11:53 PM
not sure why this isn't getting more attention...guess we should just wait until 2020

Because nobody gives a fuck about their privacy or liberty.

They'll moan later, but not now.

flightlesskiwi
02-26-2012, 11:55 PM

AF, do you still have that blog post about the swarming bots i sent you?? i lost it.

QuickZ06
02-26-2012, 11:57 PM

Too busy with there lives. Like teen mom, jersey shore.....you know, important stuff.

flightlesskiwi
02-27-2012, 12:00 AM
AF, do you still have that blog post about the swarming bots i sent you?? i lost it.

nvm.. found it...

just look his stuff over... it's well worth it:

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/

Origanalist
02-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Hey, if it's good enough for the Iraqi's, Afghan's, and Iranians.................