PDA

View Full Version : Ways maxed-out donaters can contribute.

OReich
11-12-2007, 03:02 PM
There are tons of ideas proposed on RonPaulForums.com that are extremely beneficial while not through the campaign. I think we should focus on linking maxed-out contributors to those very causes.

Off the top of my head: national/local ads not paid for by the campaign. This includes, in another thread, plans to put full-page, color ads in the USA Today promoting the Tea Party 07. I personally think that the $168,000 (?) it costs to get that ad in a weekday paper will be outweighed by the extra money it'll net on December 16th, even though that'll probably be impossible to measure.

So, start listing all the different funding ways people have already concieved that don't involve the national campaign, so that this thread can be a source for maxed-out contributors to turn to for ideas on how to further help.

jj111
11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't know how many people are going to be interested in this, but Ron Paul's Congressional re-election campaign is soliciting donations to Ron Paul's Congressional primary. Ron Paul has a competitor. You are legally allowed to contribute up to another $2300 towards Ron Paul's Congressional Primary campaign.

http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/

Jordan
11-12-2007, 03:08 PM
No.

Advertising a moneybomb is a waste of money. The money bomb is meant AS an advertisement. Spend the money promoting his ideas, and let the campaign do it with the $10Million we've given them.

Benaiah
11-12-2007, 03:09 PM
//

jrich4rpaul
11-12-2007, 03:10 PM
chipins for billboards, sign accessories, newspaper ads, etc is always an option

constituent
11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
ronpaulnation.com and freeme.tv to help w/ bandwidth upgrades, and (web) community development, increased content, etc.

it is great now, but could really go much further.

PM me or freemetv, ronpaulnation here or get in touch via e-mail at Ron Paul Nation (http://www.ronpaulnation.com).

p.s., i know i can't afford to max out on contributions yet ;)

constituent
11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
No.

Advertising a moneybomb is a waste of money. The money bomb is meant AS an advertisement. Spend the money promoting his ideas, and let the campaign do it with the $10Million we've given them.

i disagree w/ that.

me3
11-12-2007, 03:32 PM
See my signature. It's a new site put up by me, still in the works, but geared towards max donors, with a soon to come email subscription system (thanks Trevor).

I'm planning to provide high profile ChipIns, which are for larger dollar amounts. At this time I am not planning to feature more than 6 ChipIns at a time, and only ones that I can verify are for tangible efforts by credible people.

As we pay off the big ChipIns, we can start working on some mid-range Chipins. For the record, I don't believe in supporting ChipIns from MeetUps with 100+ members and zero donations paid in by that MeetUp. Money for local use should first be raised locally.

austin356
11-12-2007, 03:38 PM
i disagree w/ that.

no Jordan is right, absolutely nobody sees an ad for a politician asking for donations then donates.

Hell charities even stay away from advertising for donations, they instead advertise their organization and build brand name. The people who will/can donate (VERY VERY SMALL fraction of readers) then come to the organization.

chowda
11-12-2007, 03:42 PM
here are some resources:

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

Mark
11-12-2007, 03:51 PM

ummm..

a.. non 501-C3 Church that supports Dr Paul can accept donations
and then purchase campaign materials to distribute..

sponsor volunteer workers in NH and beyond ;) :D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34496

ect..

it's just.. the donations aren't tax deductible..

so.. most everyone still wants their deductions
and won't contribute to the church/charity..

which is ironic.. don't you think..

The only churches/charities that CAN legally promote a candidate
and educate voters on the issues..

can't get any donations because they're not tax deductible..

shame..

Mark
11-12-2007, 03:55 PM
See my signature. It's a new site put up by me, still in the works, but geared towards max donors, with a soon to come email subscription system (thanks Trevor).

I'm planning to provide high profile ChipIns, which are for larger dollar amounts. At this time I am not planning to feature more than 6 ChipIns at a time, and only ones that I can verify are for tangible efforts by credible people.

As we pay off the big ChipIns, we can start working on some mid-range Chipins. For the record, I don't believe in supporting ChipIns from MeetUps with 100+ members and zero donations paid in by that MeetUp. Money for local use should first be raised locally.

Actually.. after my last donation to the Granny Warriors..

I visited a "Chipin" link about non-profits..
and signed up for a Chipin account.. haven't started one though..

maybe I should..

itsnobody
11-12-2007, 03:59 PM
There are tons of ideas proposed on RonPaulForums.com that are extremely beneficial while not through the campaign. I think we should focus on linking maxed-out contributors to those very causes.

Off the top of my head: national/local ads not paid for by the campaign. This includes, in another thread, plans to put full-page, color ads in the USA Today promoting the Tea Party 07. I personally think that the $168,000 (?) it costs to get that ad in a weekday paper will be outweighed by the extra money it'll net on December 16th, even though that'll probably be impossible to measure.

So, start listing all the different funding ways people have already concieved that don't involve the national campaign, so that this thread can be a source for maxed-out contributors to turn to for ideas on how to further help.

They can also get someone else who hasn't donated yet to donate (like a representative for themselves)

The more people max out the better (44,000 max donations = over $100 million)

Mark
11-12-2007, 04:03 PM
They can also get someone else who hasn't donated yet to donate (like a representative for themselves)

The more people max out the better (44,000 max donations = over $100 million)

Wouldn't "a representative for themselves" be technically illegal?

I mean.. having someone represent you after you've maxed out is
kind of.. iffy.. maybe..

Now..

I suppose you could give money all day to anyone..

and if THEY.. wanted to donate THEIR money..

to Dr Paul.. that's fine and nobody's business..

But no.. not to "represent yourself".. I would think...

Mark
11-12-2007, 04:06 PM

kind of.. iffy.. maybe..

Now..

Aren't there instances where.. like.. a boss or company gave employees
money to donate specifically to a candidate..

and got in trouble for it for trying to 'skirt' donation limits?

Jordan
11-12-2007, 04:10 PM

ummm..

a.. non 501-C3 Church that supports Dr Paul can accept donations
and then purchase campaign materials to distribute..

sponsor volunteer workers in NH and beyond ;) :D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34496

ect..

it's just.. the donations aren't tax deductible..

so.. most everyone still wants their deductions
and won't contribute to the church/charity..

which is ironic.. don't you think..

The only churches/charities that CAN legally promote a candidate
and educate voters on the issues..

can't get any donations because they're not tax deductible..

shame..

Non profits cannot endorse political candidates. I already tried that.

Mark
11-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Non profits cannot endorse political candidates. I already tried that.

Are you sure?

I'm speaking of NON 501c3 charities.. (charities who are NOT 501c3 "Organizations")

the only charities I know of that can't are ones who
have 501c3 status.. (they're under FEDERAL guidelines of "non-endorsement of a specific candidate")

I know MY church can..

and also.. look at Pat Robinsons "Church" organization..
they promote neo-con agendas all the time.. just fine..
except.. they don't promote a 'single' candidate by name..

just.. in the guise of.. "voter education/awareness" ect..

Mark
11-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Are you sure?

I'm speaking of NON 501c3 charities.. (charities who are NOT 501c3 "Organizations")

the only charities I know of that can't are ones who
have 501c3 status.. (they're under FEDERAL guidelines of "non-endorsement of a specific candidate")

I know MY church can..

and also.. look at Pat Robinsons "Church" organization..
they promote neo-con agendas all the time.. just fine..
except.. they don't promote a 'single' candidate by name..

just.. in the guise of.. "voter education/awareness" ect..

For example...

If I had the money..

I could.. say.. print a handout of the issues..

with the stances of ALL the candidates..

and let people make up their OWN mind who they want to vote for.. ect..

Mark
11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
For example...

If I had the money..

I could.. say.. print a handout of the issues..

with the stances of ALL the candidates..

and let people make up their OWN mind who they want to vote for.. ect..

Come to think of it..

I suppose ANYONE could do that..

without even donating to a charity/church..

I mean.. when people donate to a charity.. usually it's a 501c3 charity..
and they can take the deduction..

but.. what's the point.. if you're not going to get a deduction anyway..?
you might as well do it yourself..

and go straight for Ron Paul campaign materials..
skipping the "all the candidate's issues" ect..

lastnymleft
11-12-2007, 06:25 PM

PAC contributions still need to be counted as donations to the campaign and anything above $200 will need to be reported by them to the FEC. So if you are going to use Chipins, don't use the one's from the PACs, as that money will effectively push people over the $2300 limit, and will have to be returned.

itsnobody
11-12-2007, 06:48 PM

kind of.. iffy.. maybe..

Now..

Well it's not illegal if they're a real Ron Paul supporter....it's definitely not illegal to ask someone to donate to Ron Paul