PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Andrew Jackson pic

cooker263
02-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Hey,

Tried searching but no luck - can someone find the photoshop pic of Ron Paul w/ Andrew Jackson's wavy hair??

Thanks!

ZenBowman
02-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Why would you want to compare the good doctor to that genocidal maniac?

What's next, a picture of Paul with a Hitler moustache?

Acala
02-08-2012, 10:29 AM

Jackson's efforts to kill the Central Bank were nothing short of heroic. And the man had personal courage. But other than that, he was pretty bad as President.

ZenBowman
02-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Jackson's efforts to kill the Central Bank were nothing short of heroic. And the man had personal courage. But other than that, he was pretty bad as President.

Hitler also had some heroic stances with regards to the environment and animal rights. And he had a fuckload of courage. He was still a genocidal maniac though.

nasaal
02-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Jackson would have been better in a Rambo role. The guy was an absolute badass through and through. Yea, his policies were a bit nutty, but he didn't take shit from anyone. I'd prefer that to passive Obama and don't leave our children dumb Bush. I'd rather have the devil I know.

Acala
02-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Hitler also had some heroic stances with regards to the environment and animal rights. And he had a fuckload of courage. He was still a genocidal maniac though.

Animal rights? You mean like the right to be food for me?

ZenBowman
02-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Jackson would have been better in a Rambo role. The guy was an absolute badass through and through. Yea, his policies were a bit nutty, but he didn't take shit from anyone. I'd prefer that to passive Obama and don't leave our children dumb Bush. I'd rather have the devil I know.

Yeah, gunning down women and children, really Rambo-like.

I thought we were pro-peace, I guess your bloodlust is just as bad as any neocon.

nasaal
02-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah, gunning down women and children, really Rambo-like.

I thought we were pro-peace, I guess your bloodlust is just as bad as any neocon.
Don't make assumptions out of turn bud. I've actually served as an infantryman overseas and seen enough bloodshed to last a lifetime. I was referring to the fact that he took no shit and took a bullet and then won the duel. At least according to folklore. Ask me a question next time instead of assuming things like a self-righteous prick.

ZenBowman
02-08-2012, 11:29 AM
I just don't like the idea of a consistently pro-peace doctor being compared to a conquering mass murderer.

tfurrh
02-08-2012, 11:35 AM
I am still and Andy Jackson man, it's just that Andy Jackson is no longer an Andy Jackson man - Davy Crockett.

edit: I had the quote above wrong (I was going off of memory). A little digging, and here's the actual quote

Although our great man at the head of the nation, has changed his course, I will not change mine. I was also a supporter of this administration after it came into power, and until the Chief Magistrate changed the principles which he professed before his election. When he quitted those principles, I quit him. I am yet a Jackson man in principles, but not in name... I shall insist upon it that I am still a Jackson man, but General Jackson is not; he has become a Van Buren man.

Sounds a bit like Paul regarding Reagan.

Acala
02-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Jackson was also in favor of violent supression of secession and implemented expanded Presidential power. So no shortage of reasons to distinguish him from the good doctor. Still, as Nasaal said, he WAS a badass and he DID take down the accursed central bank singlehandedly. For that he should get some credit.

I dream of starting a plumbing company called "Andrew Jackson plumbing". What would be our motto, you might ask? "We will route you out!"

Nate-ForLiberty
02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Dr. Paul is so far above any president we've ever had. If Dr. Paul becomes president, all that follow will be compared to him.

"So and so is just like Ron Paul because he hates taxes!"

"So and so is just like Ron Paul because he believes in non-interventionism!"

etc.

oh and, "I can't find a pic of [my candidate] photoshopped in with Ron Paul!"

'twill be the epic of epics.

oyarde
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Jackson was a bit of a murderous raving lunatic who believed in sound money .

Orgoonian
02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Jackson was a bit of a murderous raving lunatic who believed in sound money .

I agree.
I have a love/hate relationship with President Jackson.I love what he did to the central bank,but i hate what he did to American Indians.

onlyrp
02-08-2012, 02:56 PM

because he was an end the fedder. wasnt he?

tfurrh
02-08-2012, 03:27 PM
because he was an end the fedder. wasnt he?

fedder? Was that an Indian Tribe?

Bosco Warden
02-08-2012, 03:41 PM
The board has been over run by TROLLS.

Jackson was a product of his time.

You want to give a Native American your house, or blow them fine - don't confuse the times.

Jackson killed the second central bank and was the only POTUS to ever pay off the National Debt.

Feeding the Abscess
02-08-2012, 03:44 PM
The board has been over run by TROLLS.

Jackson was a product of his time.

You want to give a Native American your house, or blow them fine - don't confuse the times.

Jackson killed the second central bank and was the only POTUS to ever pay off the National Debt.

Well if that's the excuse, we should all be okay with putting people in prison for ingesting plants, bombing brown people overseas, and imprisoning or even assassinating anyone the government wants just because.

We're just products of our time.

Tudo
02-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I have a few of these in the safe, if you can do anything just eliminate the serial number please and if you need a better image contact me

http://usrarecoininvestments.com/images/page/cat32/item525/d9047_2.jpg

http://usrarecoininvestments.com/images/page/cat32/item525/d9047_3.jpg

:)

Tudo
02-08-2012, 03:48 PM
This one is pretty high grade. I think I have an ms-65 and a few 63's and 64's. These were a thing of mine for a while and I had dozens of them. Now I'm down to less than a dozen but they're all really nice ones. You can generally pick these up, circulated and not graded on ebay for as little as $10 bucks for a mostly corroded and well worn specimen, with an average worn but nice coin in an anacs holder for $25-$100 and nices ones in NGC holders for a few hundred bucks and up with nice ones generally found at the big auctions and bottom feeder stuff on ebay. FYI

Cowlesy
02-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Those are sweet coins!

tfurrh
02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Those are sweet coins!
ditto.

Tudo
02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks, neat design and meaning.

Bosco Warden
02-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Well if that's the excuse, we should all be okay with putting people in prison for ingesting plants, bombing brown people overseas, and imprisoning or even assassinating anyone the government wants just because.

We're just products of our time.

Is it Constitutional?

Ron Paul is trying to change the system, which is the right course of action. Just as Jackson did, everyone told Old Hickory at the time it would be political suicide yet he still got re-elected.

If you go ahead and focus on the negative, and I will still choose to see the good things that have come from the Jackson presidency.

You sound like a Obama supporter.

Dary
02-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Sounds a bit like Paul regarding Reagan.

...add a little spin to it...

Ronald Reagan was a Ron Paul republican before Newt Gingrich was a Ronald Reagan republican.

tfurrh
02-09-2012, 11:39 AM
...add a little spin to it...

Ronald Reagan was a Ron Paul republican before Newt Gingrich was a Ronald Reagan republican.

Haha....I see what you did there ↑....+rep

Brian4Liberty
02-09-2012, 12:45 PM
And we shouldn't forget Jackson successfully defending against an invasion of the US in the Battle of New Orleans, while out-numbered almost 3 to 1.