PDA

View Full Version : How do we expect to do in Virginia?

Sematary
02-08-2012, 07:11 AM
I am really curious about this. I know Ron recently won a straw poll there but we all know those things are essentially useless. And it is a HUGE state - so how do we expect to do there? If Ron beats Mittens there, that means something...

SCOTUSman
02-08-2012, 07:12 AM
um did you not see the post about the poll just released...it is literally right below this thread.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?359310-Quinnipiac-Virginia-Primary-Poll-Romney-v.-Paul-Head-to-Head

Sematary
02-08-2012, 07:14 AM
no, sorry. It wasn't there a few minutes ago and I had typed this up and walked away then hit the post button. Sorry.

neverseen
02-08-2012, 07:16 AM
2nd?

Miss Annie
02-08-2012, 07:17 AM
If I am not mistaken, I think only Romney and Dr Paul are on the Virginia ballot! We took Romney last night in Minnesota with MORE than a 10% lead!
We got this! :D

Sematary
02-08-2012, 07:18 AM
You would THINK, in a southern state, that the voters wouldn't even be looking at Mitt. He's a RINO through and through.

SCOTUSman
02-08-2012, 07:19 AM
no, sorry. It wasn't there a few minutes ago and I had typed this up and walked away then hit the post button. Sorry.

No problem, I thought you might have been trollig...but then saw your post count and knew you couldn't' be. Just a coincidence!

Cyberbrain
02-08-2012, 09:21 AM
You would THINK, in a southern state, that the voters wouldn't even be looking at Mitt. He's a RINO through and through.

Virginia is very special in the South, in that we have northern Virginia, a statist stronghold :rolleyes:. I wouldn't count on a victory here, but we could pick up some delegates.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
02-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Hang on, if this is a delegate slog, do you not think the Gingrich and Santorum campaigns would tell their supporters to vote for Paul to deny Romney the delegates from Virginia?

If that happens, Paul wins 65-35.

Cyberbrain
02-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Anything is possible, but I don't think they'll go to Paul over Romney. There's a bill going through the VA senate to allow an uncommitted vote though which would really be our best bet. Imagine something like Romney 35 - Paul 33 - Uncommitted 32, where the delegate pick up would be nearly equal for us and Romney.

olsonly
02-08-2012, 09:44 AM
I live in Virginia. Practically everyone either directly or indirectly works for the federal government. So, Dr. Paul scares people when he starts talking about abolishing 5 federal agencies. I don't think it will even be close.

Lightweis
02-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I live in Virginia. Practically everyone either directly or indirectly works for the federal government. So, Dr. Paul scares people when he starts talking about abolishing 5 federal agencies. I don't think it will even be close.

Can you help with our Comparison sheet sir??

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?358730-MONEYBOMB-FEB-6-7-HELP-WIN-VIRGINIA-MONEYBOMB&highlight=moneybomb

angelatc
02-08-2012, 09:48 AM
No problem, I thought you might have been trollig...but then saw your post count and knew you couldn't' be. Just a coincidence!

You have no idea how funny that is.

thelaibon
02-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Virginia is winner-take-all, is it not?

jllundqu
02-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Latest polls show an uphill battle for VA. Its a winner-take-all state and we are WAY behind in VA polls behind Mittens. We have some work to do out east! If poll numbers don't increase in VA, we might need to skip it (like Florida) to stay competitive in the delegate race.

Thoughts??

Lightweis
02-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Latest polls show an uphill battle for VA. Its a winner-take-all state and we are WAY behind in VA polls behind Mittens. We have some work to do out east! If poll numbers don't increase in VA, we might need to skip it (like Florida) to stay competitive in the delegate race.

Thoughts??

We will compete in Virginia. If we can't win 1 on 1 then why are we even trying? This shows we have work to do! Please help us!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?358730-MONEYBOMB-FEB-6-7-HELP-WIN-VIRGINIA-MONEYBOMB&highlight=moneybomb

Todd
02-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Virginia is very special in the South, in that we have northern Virginia, a statist stronghold :rolleyes:. I wouldn't count on a victory here, but we could pick up some delegates.

Don't forget Tidewater. Coupled with the DC suberbs, we have the two largest Military industrial complex centers in the World in this state.

TOnce you get out of those regions, that leaves only a few other fairly populous city areas like Richmond, Charlottesville, Roanoke, Lynchburg.

It can be done, but I understand campaign got a late start here. Gonna take alot of on the ground work.

Badger for Paul
02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
I suspect we'll get 2nd or worse like we do in every other state.

Aratus
02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
we have a meandering zone like as if this is an Army verses Navy football game.
if the recent Quinnipac poll is correct, and we do not see an ABR move manifest,
we are likely between 10% and 20% inside a binary ballot that loathes write-ins.
or if write-ins from santorum and gingrich people are made legal by richmond, then
we might see dr. ron paul getting 55% to 60% of the vote as the write-ins try to
trunctuate mitt romney's inevitability if the rEVOLUTIOn is not fully GOP organized.