PDA

View Full Version : Winning New Hampshire is the goal

joeu
11-12-2007, 02:52 PM
NH Primary Fundraiser-Phoning 585,697 registered voters

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/68/calendar/6722599/
http://bostonronpaulantiwaraerialbanner.chipin.com/nh-and-ma-primary-telephone-calls-for-ron-paul

The Boston Ron Paul Meetup is raising money to contact by recorded phone messages some 585,697 registered (Republican, 215,697 and independent, 370,000) voters in New Hampshire in the week and days before and on the day of the primary.

The plan is to call 2-3 days before (which will identify voters who need help getting to the polls), a second call on the afternoon/early evening of the day before and a third call on election day (to remind and help those still unable to get to the polls)...

At 0.026 cents per call the total needed to reach all 585,697 voters three times is $45,684.

Please donate what you can and spread the word! Winning, not placing, NH is the goal!

ItsTime
11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
My brother went to a sign wave this weekend. He said he was amazed at the amount of people honking their horns and giving the thumbs up! Ron Paul is catching on...

bolidew
11-12-2007, 02:57 PM
New Hamshire is not only "the goal", but a MUST-WIN.

steph3n
11-12-2007, 02:58 PM
WRONG!!! Winning NH has been done by the non winner in 96 and 2000, it is NOT THE GOAL! The goal is winning NH, and NV and getting top 3 in the other early primary states, THEN taking the momentum and rolling to many wins.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
if we win NH... we'll have enough momentum and coverage to carry other states

steph3n
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
if we win NH... we'll have enough momentum and coverage to carry other states

Tell that to Pat and John.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Tell that to Pat and John.

We do need to hit all the early states.... I think we should be hitting every state

Paulitician
11-12-2007, 03:01 PM
NH is just one goal. I think we can get NH and Nevada quite easily. We should put more focus on making sure we win SC and Iowa.

jrich4rpaul
11-12-2007, 03:03 PM
i need to sleep

edit: I can't do math

Naraku
11-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Michigan is a good potential pickup since it's an open primary and a lot of Democrats may be facing the problem of only being able to vote for Hillary.

Question_Authority
11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Problem is....RP campaign is virtually ignoring NH compared to other candidates. He pops in once every 6 weeks or so. And then whooosh. He's gone. Other candidates are here in force. I am continually puzzled by this.

Green Mountain Boy
11-12-2007, 03:13 PM
census.gov says that NH's 2006 population was 1,314,895

So out of all that, there's less than 100,000 voters?

Sad

Huh? Where'd you get that number?

Cindy
11-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Wouldn't it cost less just to get whoever is calling an unlimtted calls within the U.S. calling plan for one month and then just cancel it afterwards?

It would be just like $29 per caller and then they can call at least 1000 people each at 3 cents a call instead of 29 cents a call.

Besides, don't most people have unlimmited calling plans now anyway?

Green Mountain Boy
11-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Wouldn't it cost less just to get whoever is calling an unlimtted calls within the U.S. calling plan for one month and then just cancel it afterwards?

It would be just like $29 per caller and then they can call at least 1000 people each at 3 cents a call instead of 29 cents a call.

Besides, don't most people have unlimmited calling plans now anyway?

It's actually 2.6 cents per call.

The goal is to make 1,755,000 calls. In a week, that's 175 calls/minute, but the idea is to have the calls go out 2-3 days before the primary. A mass-telephone service is the only way to accomplish this.

Dequeant
11-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Vonage for the win.

Also, you can pretty much give Nevada up....too many mormons. I've got nothing against them, but we all know who they'll be voting for, regardless of who is actually the better candidate.

jrich4rpaul
11-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Huh? Where'd you get that number?

Wow. I don't know.

That's insomnia for you...

Adamsa
11-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Winning NH as Ron says isn't a "be all and end all" but it helps greatly, and for a lesser known candidate like the Paul-man, it can be pivotal.

paulitics
11-12-2007, 03:35 PM
NH is a major piece of the puzzle. People say, well what about Pat Buchanan, or McCain?

Well what this proves is that for an underdog who does not have the media and establishment behind them, a victory in NH doesn't secure the nomination.

But, an underdog, without a win in NH will take an act of god to win any other early primary states. So, a win in NH keeps us in the game. With a win, it is possible we can pull an upset in MI or NV. WIthout a win, it makes this 10 times more challenging.

Thomas_Paine
11-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Vonage for the win.

Also, you can pretty much give Nevada up....too many mormons. I've got nothing against them, but we all know who they'll be voting for, regardless of who is actually the better candidate.

Nevada is full of liberals...maybe you are thinking of Utah. I have lived in Las Vegas and Utah, both places for years, and I can tell you, It's Utah, not Nevada that is full of mormons. We could definitely take Nevada. We just need to go door to door and reach the people.

joeu
11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
It's actually 2.6 cents per call.

The goal is to make 1,755,000 calls. In a week, that's 175 calls/minute, but the idea is to have the calls go out 2-3 days before the primary. A mass-telephone service is the only way to accomplish this.

That's exactly right....the only way to make these number of calls, when they need to be made, is through the mass telephone service.

Calling reminds voters about why they should vote for Ron Paul. For those voters who forget entirely about the election (yes, believe it or not, people forget about elections-though not likely anyone on this list) it is also a reminder call. And, importantly, it is a way to identify Ron Paul supporters who need help getting to the polls....

The calls are absolutely necessary.

Spread the word, donate, please.

http://bostonronpaulantiwaraerialbanner.chipin.com/nh-and-ma-primary-telephone-calls-for-ron-paul

jgmaynard
11-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Problem is....RP campaign is virtually ignoring NH compared to other candidates. He pops in once every 6 weeks or so. And then whooosh. He's gone. Other candidates are here in force. I am continually puzzled by this.

Have you noticed there is nothing on the official schedule for the next week or so? I just got news that Ron will be doing a TOUR OF THE NH NORTH COUNTRY (!) tomorrow, stopping in diners, schools, businesses, etc. (including a stop in Dixville Notch!)
The northern part of NH is where his strength is strongest, and it's largely ignored by other candidates. I've been waiting a long time for Ron to hit the North Country, even if I DO live in the south of NH! :)

JM

walt
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Have you noticed there is nothing on the official schedule for the next week or so? I just got news that Ron will be doing a TOUR OF THE NH NORTH COUNTRY (!) tomorrow, stopping in diners, schools, businesses, etc. (including a stop in Dixville Notch!)
The northern part of NH is where his strength is strongest, and it's largely ignored by other candidates. I've been waiting a long time for Ron to hit the North Country, even if I DO live in the south of NH! :)

JM

Walt's POSITIVE Ideas to the rescue!!!!!!!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=31344&highlight=dixville+notch

cmc
11-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Nevada is full of liberals...maybe you are thinking of Utah. I have lived in Las Vegas and Utah, both places for years, and I can tell you, It's Utah, not Nevada that is full of mormons. We could definitely take Nevada. We just need to go door to door and reach the people.
I agree... isn't Nevada the place that legalized (limited) prostitution?

walt
11-12-2007, 06:20 PM
why isn't this NH trip on ronpaul2008.com - people are checking this page.

Geronimo
11-12-2007, 06:27 PM
This is the second time in a week when he's come to NH with no mention of any of the events at his site.

On another note, this was posted at the Daily Paul today. (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/7083#comment-51330)

Calling New Englanders !
Posted November 12th, 2007 by zenpiper

If you live within New England (ME, VT, CT, RI, MA, even NY) your help is needed in New Hampshire now.

The Good News

Giuliani's lead is slipping, especially after the recent scandal with one of his people. So this is a great opportunity for Ron Paul supporters to stress the integrity of Dr. Paul and to spread the message of freedom in the "Live Free or Die" state.

The Bad News

Romney's campaign is gathering momentum. Although we see him as a slick opportunist (well, I do), he was a popular Governor in Massachusetts, and this popularity has trickled north into the Granite state. He has a powerful organization and quite a bit of money.

That is why it is important for MeetUp groups and other Ron Paul Supporters - from every NE state - to hit the streets and roads and malls in New Hampshire with Ron Paul signs, slim-jims, bell-ringing (say, has anybody ever done the "town crier" bit with a bell?) and other activities to get Ron Paul to the forefront. Romney's progress must not stand, friends. New Hampshire is the hill we must all take. It requires a monumental effort. It means driving 100+ miles and digging in.

If I have seen anything in this campaign since June, it is one miracle after another. But it's the supporters (and of course the message) that have wrought them.

This is the greatest time of need in New Hampshire. Right now.

Primbs
11-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Automated phone calls are really not that great. We really need to keep better track of our supporters than just relying on automated phone calls.

Smart campaigns use live people. We have to engage with the voters and talk to them directly make sure they vote on election day. We don't have to win over everybody, but we do need to make sure we get our voters to the polls.

We have to set up knock and drag and phone and drag operations in New Hamsphire if we want to win.

The voters of New Hampshire are sophisticated and expect personalized service.

I think we can give that to them.

joeu
11-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Automated phone calls are really not that great. We really need to keep better track of our supporters than just relying on automated phone calls.

Smart campaigns use live people. We have to engage with the voters and talk to them directly make sure they vote on election day. We don't have to win over everybody, but we do need to make sure we get our voters to the polls.

We have to set up knock and drag and phone and drag operations in New Hamsphire if we want to win.

The voters of New Hampshire are sophisticated and expect personalized service.

I think we can give that to them.

Automated calls are very important in the last week and day of the campaign...You can reach 500,000 voters in a few hours time. Automated calling can connect the recipient to a live campaign staff, arrange for a ride to the poll, etc.

Yes, knocking on doors in the months and weeks leading up the election is the way to go...In the last days and hours however we need modern technology.

Donate, please...We want to get every Ron Paul voter to the polls.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/68/