PDA

View Full Version : MS-45 year old women, with no criminal record, going to jail for box of cold tablets.

Anti Federalist
02-08-2012, 06:39 AM
File this under:

"You don't know what you're doing wrong".

Sub file:

When asked anything by a cop: SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Woman says innocent trip to Ala. spirals into meth charge

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120205/NEWS/202050350/Woman-says-innocent-trip-Ala-spirals-into-meth-charge

They traveled to Demopolis, where police were conducting a sting operation. Pharmacists there informed police when anyone from Mississippi bought medicine containing pseudoephedrine.

After leaving Walmart, she said police officer Sgt. Tim Soronen pulled her over and asked, "What brings you to Demopolis?"

"I came over to buy some Sudafed for our scuba diving trip this weekend since we cannot buy it in Meridian anymore," she said she told him.

She said the officer asked if she knew it was against the law to cross the state line and buy Sudafed. (It is against the law in Mississippi to bring back pseudoephedrine products from another state, but Alabama law permits those from other states to buy the medicine as long as they sign.)

"No, sir, I did not know," she said she replied.

"I need you to step out of the car," he said.

"For what? I swear I didn't know. What did I do?" she said she asked.

Krugerrand
02-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Police simply do not exist for the people, they exist for the state.

speciallyblend
02-08-2012, 07:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8vei3L0L8<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8vei3L0L8">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8vei3L0L8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8vei3L0L8)

aGameOfThrones
02-08-2012, 07:42 AM
I'll bet she's one of those, "if you have nothing to hide" type, might want to rethink that next time.

"I came over to buy some Sudafed for our scuba diving trip this weekend since we cannot buy it in Meridian anymore," she said she told him.

Dr.3D
02-08-2012, 07:49 AM
I don't get it. It's not like she was going to make meth with it or anything. The war on drugs sure screws up everything anybody wants to do anymore.

If a person went to Canada and bought some 222 (Tylenol with codeine). Would they be arrested if they were caught with them in the U.S.?

Anti Federalist
02-08-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't get it. It's not like she was going to make meth with it or anything. The war on drugs sure screws up everything anybody wants to do anymore.

If a person went to Canada and bought some 222 (Tylenol with codeine). Would they be arrested if they were caught with them in the U.S.?

Yes, especially if SWAT, VIPR and DEA checkpoints were out looking for it, like these local cops were.

Dr.3D
02-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Yes, especially if SWAT, VIPR and DEA checkpoints were out looking for it, like these local cops were.

What's crazy is that is an over the counter medication in Canada. The U.S. is so screwed up.

Bodhi
02-08-2012, 08:09 AM
from the article... She told The Clarion-Ledger, "They told me to add that I was making crystal meth so I did."

dean.engelhardt
02-08-2012, 08:22 AM
More collateral damage in the war on drugs.

Danke
02-08-2012, 08:23 AM
from the article... She told The Clarion-Ledger, "They told me to add that I was making crystal meth so I did."

Now if they would have shot her, Darwin would have been happy.

Feelgood
02-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Wow, that is just incredible. Added it to the Freedom Report, exactly the kind of story that goes there. Makes me sick! Friggin police state crap!

angelatc
02-08-2012, 09:21 AM
She said the officer asked if she knew it was against the law to cross the state line and buy Sudafed. (It is against the law in Mississippi to bring back pseudoephedrine products from another state, but Alabama law permits those from other states to buy the medicine as long as they sign.)

So what law did he arrest her for? She didn't break Alabama law, so how could she be arrested by the Alabama "peace officers?"

Can't help but wonder how she votes.

Never say anything without a lawyer.

donnay
02-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Police simply do not exist for the people, they exist for the state.

Yep, they are there to protect the banksters and their friends--nothing more.

donnay
02-08-2012, 09:30 AM

If that is true, then she is a gullible fool. Remain SILENT! 5th amendment!! People better learn (and know) their rights!!!

NCGOPer_for_Paul
02-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Let's say someone from Mississippi was spending a week in Mobile on vacation and they get a sinus headache. They go to a CVS and buy Sudafed. The Alabama police can arrest them?

That doesn't make sense.

angelatc
02-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Let's say someone from Mississippi was spending a week in Mobile on vacation and they get a sinus headache. They go to a CVS and buy Sudafed. The Alabama police can arrest them?

That doesn't make sense.

Her story is a little shaky. They found drug paraphernalia in the car, among other things. I'd like to kick the ass of her meth head son who didn't tell her to be quiet though. Or who didn't man up and take the rap for her.

donnay
02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Her story is a little shaky. They found drug paraphernalia in the car, among other things. I'd like to kick the ass of her meth head son who didn't tell her to be quiet though. Or who didn't man up and take the rap for her.

Her story is a little shaky because she is now realizing how gullible she was. Allowing the police to coerce her into saying all the drug paraphernalia was hers so they would let her son take the grandchildren.

This is typical of cops and how they coerce people and even twist what she said. She was too gullible from the get-go by admitting to the cop she drove over the state line to do anything. If the cop asked me what was my business in this state I would remain silent. The only thing I would say is, "Are you detaining me? Am I free to go?"

The cop had no right searching the car or her purse without a warrant. When he asked her to get out of the car she should have shut and locked the car door.

When people do not know their rights and do not exercise their rights, they get railroaded.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
02-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Now that we are outlawing things that can be used to make drugs, do I need a permit or something to buy a spoon?

Legend1104
02-08-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm from Meridian and heard about this. I don't know her but hate that stupid law. My wife gets migraines and that was one of the best drugs for her head. Now we can't get any her. If I ever get into the state legislature like I hope repealing that law will be one of my goals.

mrsat_98
02-08-2012, 08:34 PM
sounds like someone needs to understand man or other animals.

angelatc
02-08-2012, 08:46 PM
What's crazy is that is an over the counter medication in Canada. The U.S. is so screwed up.

Codeine use to be an OTC med in the US, too. THen it went behind the counter, where you had to sign for it, then it became prescription only.

phill4paul
02-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Shouldn't the Federal government be enforcing her right of 'Interstate Commerce?'

angelatc
02-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Her story is a little shaky because she is now realizing how gullible she was. Allowing the police to coerce her into saying all the drug paraphernalia was hers so they would let her son take the grandchildren.

THe point being that I can get pulled over any time, day or night, and the police won't find a stash of drug paraphernalia crammed in the seat of my cushions.

GunnyFreedom
02-08-2012, 08:52 PM
This is why I was one of only seven to vote against this:

http://ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2011&BillID=H12

GunnyFreedom
02-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Oh yeah, and not one of the other four Republicans would have voted against the bill except for my floor argument. :D