PDA

View Full Version : 5,500 People voted in MAINE in 2008

millercards
02-08-2012, 05:13 AM
I know there are more Maine threads, but I think it's that important that we have another one.

According to WatchtheVote2012.com we have 74/142 votes in Maine ALREADY. 52%.

In 2008, less than 5,500 people voted in maine.

We got 1,002 votes in 2008. Can we break 2,000 this year? Can we hit 50%? Yes we can.

BUT YOU HAVE TO VOTE AND BRING EVERYONE WITH YOU!!!

No Excuses!

Caucuses start at a SET TIME. Do your research. Don't be late or you'll be shut out.

Be our heroes, citizens of Maine.

Xenu
02-08-2012, 07:28 AM
I know there are more Maine threads, but I think it's that important that we have another one.

According to WatchtheVote2012.com we have 74/142 votes in Maine ALREADY. 52%.

In 2008, less than 5,500 people voted in maine.

We got 1,002 votes in 2008. Can we break 2,000 this year? Can we hit 50%? Yes we can.

BUT YOU HAVE TO VOTE AND BRING EVERYONE WITH YOU!!!

No Excuses!

Caucuses start at a SET TIME. Do your research. Don't be late or you'll be shut out.

Be our heroes, citizens of Maine.

All of this NEEDS to happen.

Is anyone in these forums active in Maine? I have been reading, but have not seen anything about people here being active.

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 07:30 AM
I have read that might have been votes at the state convention which would mean it was only a subset of those at the initial caucuses. In any event, in 2008 the indies were voting Dem and this year they won't. We can't use those numbers meaningfully. Ron bested Romney's 2008 vote at the Ames straw poll, yet still lost to Randy Travis.

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 07:31 AM
All of this NEEDS to happen.

Is anyone in these forums active in Maine? I have been reading, but have not seen anything about people here being active.

People are being active who are in Maine. We have to do phone from home and advertise the Valentines Day Moneybomb for Ron, to support them.

I have asked in another thread if there is anything we can do to help Maine. They need help, but I think it may be the sort only the campaign can give by having Ron there doing town halls etc. Ads need money which is where the Moneybomb comes in. If phone from home were directed there.... but I think it is being directed to Super Tuesday states now that yesterday's contests are over. But we need them. If we win Maine we will need to capitalize on it. If we don't we will need a breakthrough.

PolicyReader
02-08-2012, 07:40 AM
I've heard some good things about the ground game in Maine, I hope it holds strong (wish there was more I could do from this distance)

As stated above money bomb and phone from home help the general effort, also the Veterans march on DC is worth supporting but none of that is as directly Maine related.

Hope there are plenty of freedom minded folks from Maine who can take the OPs advice :)

Liberty74
02-08-2012, 08:07 AM
In order to win, Ron needs to win Republican voters. It doesn't get any simpler than that people. This talk of Indy and Dems voting for Ron is all talk. If Ron can't start converting Republicans to his campaign, he won't win a single state.

LibertyIn08
02-08-2012, 08:34 AM
In order to win, Ron needs to win Republican voters. It doesn't get any simpler than that people. This talk of Indy and Dems voting for Ron is all talk. If Ron can't start converting Republicans to his campaign, he won't win a single state.

They're nice to have but at the end of the day, you are correct - this is the GOP primary.

Aratus
02-08-2012, 08:38 AM
mitt romney lost minnesota last night despite a few favorable polls
lets all try to pull off in maine what rick santorum did in minnesota.

Carole
02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
The fact that 5500 people voted in Maine in 2008 says a great deal about the process there.

First, it seems that such a lengthy process must be discouraging to the people Two weeks?????
Having so much time to vote seems not only strange, but leaves open a great big window for manipulation. It also seems to purposely discourage people from having one special day to participate in the election process. I can only imagine that the people of Maine surely do not wish to drag the voting process out for so long, but what is going on there?

If it were a good process, would there not be more than 5500 people participating? For the life of myself, I do not understand it other than it certainly appears not to be working very well and it certainly appears to suppress participation.

Someone who knows better, please explain it for me.

millercards
02-09-2012, 08:58 PM
bump the Maine thread.

Jeffster
02-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I have read that might have been votes at the state convention which would mean it was only a subset of those at the initial caucuses. In any event, in 2008 the indies were voting Dem and this year they won't. We can't use those numbers meaningfully. Ron bested Romney's 2008 vote at the Ames straw poll, yet still lost to Randy Travis.

Randy Travis the singer? Did he actually run in a straw poll?

seawolf
02-09-2012, 09:23 PM
I just wish Ron would have been in Maine tomorrow instead of Saturday, the day of the Caucus.

Why he has been in Clute, Texas since Wednesday and off of the Campaign Trail is a mystery rapped around an enigma.

Pray we win Saturaday or I believe the RP Nation will ask the big question, where was Ron all week?