PDA

View Full Version : A conversion story- at the Nevada caucus

truetrue
02-08-2012, 12:17 AM
I was a delegate in 2008 for Paul in the Nevada caucus. Prior to that I tried to convince my parents to at least vote for him, but it was to no avail. They were of the neo-con persuasion, and thought he was a kook, weak on foreign policy, etc. They cast ballots for Rudy.
This time around in about 2010 we started to discuss politics when I would go over to their house for dinner. My mom started seeing how unfair he was being treated by the media, which led her to really listen to what he was saying and a few weeks before the caucus she said she was voting for Paul! My dad, however, became almost more stubborn. While conceding that Paul wanted to cut the budget, reduce taxes, stop being the world's policeman, and all the rest he somehow thought that Ron wasn't a true conservative. After the caucus I assumed that my mom voted for Paul and my dad for Romney. I took solace in the fact that at least I convinced one of them to endorse liberty.
I went over to their house for dinner tonight and asked them about their caucus. My mom started glowing and gave me the recap. She told me that nearly everybody at their caucus was for Gingrich, and many people spoke for him. When it came time for someone to speak for Paul my dad(!) stood up and gave a very passionate speech (as a lawyer he does this for a living). Also my mom and dad were the only two people to run for county delegate and, since there were five spots, they both are going to be county delegates. I'm shocked and excited. He's catchin' on!

unknown
02-08-2012, 12:18 AM
This is why no one should ever "give up". Ron Paul is fighting for us. We need to fight for him.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-08-2012, 12:18 AM
wow! That is cool! Gave me a warm-fuzzy. :)

Edward
02-08-2012, 12:20 AM
He's catchin' on!

I'm tellin' ya!

+ rep

flynn
02-08-2012, 12:26 AM
We need a giant space laser that could convert people like your dad.

gb13
02-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Great story! Way to go! +rep

Cleaner44
02-08-2012, 12:34 AM
+rep

silk30
02-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Great story, thanks for sharing and thanks for the all the effort! :)

XTreat
02-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Great story, +rep