PDA

View Full Version : Maine, Washington, Alaska...

RileyE104
02-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Now to February 11th: Maine

March 3rd: Washington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Republican_caucuses,_2008)

March 6th: Alaska (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Republican_caucuses,_2008) (caucus), Idaho (caucus), North Dakota (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_Republican_caucuses,_2008) (caucus), Vermont (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermont_Republican_primary,_2008) (primary, low turnout), Virginia (primary, only competitor is Romney)

We need to and CAN win in Maine, Washington, Alaska and North Dakota!

We have a good chance in Idaho (holding caucus this year instead of primary like in 2008) and Vermont..

Also, Virginia is a must! We need to rally the anti-Romney vote!!

unknown
02-08-2012, 12:16 AM
I hope people do phone from home. Calls are going to Washington.

Krtek
02-08-2012, 12:16 AM
we can get idaho and n dakota too

JJ2
02-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Maine is important to win to get that "no wins" monkey off his back (especially in the media) as soon as possible.

But Washington could be the game changer. It is the last state (all by itself) before Super Tuesday and could give Paul the momentum heading into Super Tuesday. And it's the one state that Paul actually almost won in 2008! The timing could be perfect, but we must make it happen!

Xenophage
02-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Once he wins Maine the meme will be "only one win."

JJ2
02-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Once he wins Maine the meme will be "only one win."

The same will be true of Newt. (And they haven't been saying that about Santorum.)

eleganz
02-08-2012, 12:26 AM
good reminder..people get on the phone lines!

those who live in those states...get to work! contact the campaign, be precinct leaders...gotv!!!!!

Xenophage
02-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Maine is important to win to get that "no wins" monkey off his back (especially in the media) as soon as possible.

But Washington could be the game changer. It is the last state (all by itself) before Super Tuesday and could give Paul the momentum heading into Super Tuesday.

Washington has some GREAT people working in the state. I really don't know how it will turn out, but I expect a strong showing for Ron regardless of how he places. I hope he can win.

I am in Oregon and will be voting in the primary here, but my girlfriend is registered in Washington and will be caucusing, so we're in touch with organizations from both states. Lots of great people around here (Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA areas) and Oregon will be helping Washington with its caucuses. I'll be helping run a table outside one of the caucus locations for instance, providing delegate slates and directing people to their precinct voting areas.

boneyard bill
02-08-2012, 12:29 AM
After tonight's results, Maine looks more winnable. Everyone focused on Santorum. But Romney lost three races and in Minnesota he even finished by Paul by double digits. I don't think Paul gains a lot of momentum by finishing second in Minnesota but Romney loses gobs of it with three losses. Imagine if Paul won Maine. It's in Romney's back yard. I would be four losses in a row. And it would be a loss to the only candidate who hasn't yet won a race. Winning Maine could be the key to winning Virginia as Romney could be thoroughly discredited by then, and Paul is the only other candidate on the ballot.

Xenophage
02-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Also, being originally from Alaska.... I am in touch with the grassroots up there. They succeeded last week just barely in getting Ron on the ballot. It was close, due to last minute rule changes and shenanigans by the GOP. The challenge now is the increased fee required to be a delegate...

muh_roads
02-08-2012, 12:31 AM
I approve of this thread. I want to win a state dammit.

nemt4paul
02-08-2012, 12:32 AM

Idaho? Get real, do you know how many Mormons live there?

nemt4paul
02-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Idaho? Get real, do you know how many Mormons live there?

Wait a minute.....you're from Idaho. My apologies :) I appreciate your passion but I don't think we have a shot in your state.

carterm
02-08-2012, 12:36 AM
bump this thread, it needs to be seen by all

Karsten
02-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Are the candidates going to go to Alaska to campaign? Seems to me if RP spent time up there he'd have a good chance.

Xenophage
02-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Are the candidates going to go to Alaska to campaign? Seems to me if RP spent time up there he'd have a good chance.

He has a good chance anyway, but the grassroots needs MONEY to send delegates to the State Convention!

See here: http://libertyrevolution.chipin.com/alaskans-for-ron-paul

Very important.

Badger Paul
02-08-2012, 12:51 AM
And it's the one state that Paul actually almost won in 2008!

We should have won because a lot of Paul supporters listed themselves as "uncommitted" because the campaign was afraid the establishment would try to block them from voting for target them for defeat for delegate slots. People who were at the Washington caucuses will know more than I do what happened four years ago but the bottom line is we had more supporters at the precinct caucuses if they had all voted for RP or had that chance.

tuggy24g
02-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Phone from home. I did a little today and will be doing some more until the convention.

gerryb
02-08-2012, 01:05 AM
you missed arizona, and a ton of ST states

jcarcinogen
02-08-2012, 01:05 AM
What if we are winning but the straw votes are being manipulated? What if that's the reason Paul is focusing on caucus states... because the system is less corruptible after the straw vote process.

Either way, RIP GOP as far as I'm concerned.

PeteinLA
02-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Commence operation "Liberty top hat" engage!

parocks
02-08-2012, 01:21 AM
After tonight's results, Maine looks more winnable. Everyone focused on Santorum. But Romney lost three races and in Minnesota he even finished by Paul by double digits. I don't think Paul gains a lot of momentum by finishing second in Minnesota but Romney loses gobs of it with three losses. Imagine if Paul won Maine. It's in Romney's back yard. I would be four losses in a row. And it would be a loss to the only candidate who hasn't yet won a race. Winning Maine could be the key to winning Virginia as Romney could be thoroughly discredited by then, and Paul is the only other candidate on the ballot.

Maine - has started. The optimism in Maine is due in part to a lot of wins in a lot of towns already. I don't know the exact details, but there are a bunch of wins in Maine already. Bangor is done. I believe we won Bangor. Portland is left. Lewiston is left. Much of York and Cumberland are left.

Virginia - This is where we go to Santorum supporters and Gingrich supporters and say "vote Paul to deprive Romney of delegates" That's what will work. It's Stop Romney.

dt_
02-08-2012, 01:22 AM

Quoted for truth and insight! :)

rp2012win
02-08-2012, 01:29 AM
maine is a must win. Washington too.

rightcoast
02-08-2012, 01:36 AM

+rep and wow. I'd never considered it this way. I'm damn excited about this.

freneticentropy
02-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Here's what I'm worried about in Maine. Tell me if I'm crazy.

Until tonight, Romney supporters probably thought they had this locked up and many probably weren't going to bother to caucus. But with Santorum's wins, now they might be thinking they have to come out for Romney to stop Santorum. I can't imagine Maine being fond at all of Santorum. So now they'll come out and Romney could actually get a bump and steal it from Paul. Paul gets second, and we're screwed. Hope I'm wrong. We gotta get people out for Maine.

Arizona, I'm guessing we get blown away. Closed primary, registration deadline passed. Not our strong suit.

Michigan is not our strong suit either, but there is potential to overperform. I believe it's a 'semi-closed' primary, meaning voters can register at the site. Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case, there are a TON of colleges in MI and we have to get working on plans to turn them out immediately that involve physically rounding people up and getting them to the polls.

I hope we can do well in Washington, but I believe it's a closed Caucus. I think registration deadline is a week before the caucus (again, correct me if I'm wrong). So unfortunately, we can't get as much mileage out of the last minute 'round up the kids' strategy. We have to make sure people register before the deadline.

J_White
02-08-2012, 02:20 AM
totally agree !

But Washington could be the game changer. It is the last state (all by itself) before Super Tuesday and could give Paul the momentum heading into Super Tuesday. And it's the one state that Paul actually almost won in 2008! The timing could be perfect, but we must make it happen!

ssjevot
02-08-2012, 02:24 AM
Here's what I'm worried about in Maine. Tell me if I'm crazy.

Until tonight, Romney supporters probably thought they had this locked up and many probably weren't going to bother to caucus. But with Santorum's wins, now they might be thinking they have to come out for Romney to stop Santorum. I can't imagine Maine being fond at all of Santorum. So now they'll come out and Romney could actually get a bump and steal it from Paul. Paul gets second, and we're screwed. Hope I'm wrong. We gotta get people out for Maine.

Arizona, I'm guessing we get blown away. Closed primary, registration deadline passed. Not our strong suit.

Michigan is not our strong suit either, but there is potential to overperform. I believe it's a 'semi-closed' primary, meaning voters can register at the site. Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case, there are a TON of colleges in MI and we have to get working on plans to turn them out immediately that involve physically rounding people up and getting them to the polls.

I hope we can do well in Washington, but I believe it's a closed Caucus. I think registration deadline is a week before the caucus (again, correct me if I'm wrong). So unfortunately, we can't get as much mileage out of the last minute 'round up the kids' strategy. We have to make sure people register before the deadline.

Washington is an open caucus and you can register and the caucus.

The_Ruffneck
02-08-2012, 02:49 AM
Paul was 3% off 1st in 2008 in Washington.
Pauls best chances = Maine , Alaska , Washington.

nemt4paul
03-06-2012, 11:58 PM

Thought everyone could use a good laugh. We almost eeked out Idaho. :)

parocks
03-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Thought everyone could use a good laugh. We almost eeked out Idaho. :)

Well, those were the states we had hopes for. It's not like the original post was saying we should shoot for Mass and Georgia