PDA

View Full Version : Caucusing in Arapahoe County, CO with my wife

maxoutco
02-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Things I learned tonight at the Colorado Caucus in Arapahoe County

We were Precinct 311 in Arapahoe County at Columbia Middle School.
Vote Tallies were:
Santorum: 11
Paul: 6
Romney:4
Gingrinch:1

My wife and I both came to support Paul in a big way. I was able to become a alternate at the state level and a county delegate. The vote for state delegate was between myself and a Santorum voter. They actually let us debate at the table, where I was able to drop truth bombs left and right. You should have seen there faces when I told them that Santorum and Gingrich weren't even on all the state ballots and he was just hoping for a brokered convention, and that Paul was the only one that could beat Obama bringing independents and blue republicans over the line. This of course only fell on deaf ears for whatever reason as they voted for the Santorum voter.

Anyways, I was shocked to hear why they thought they wanted to vote for Santorum. One was catholic and he felt obligated to vote for him. The other went to a dinner that he threw here in CO. They kept stating that he was the most conservative candidate on the field by stating that he was the only one to vote against the bailouts. I corrected him very quickly on that. Anyways, I don't think I swayed any voters tonight since they all voted right off the bat(no discussion), and then we discussed why we voted. I did drop tons of truth bombs though, where they were questioning themselves. You could see it in their faces. *teh sigh*

I did hand out flyers beforehand, only to have people throw them away immediately which was very interesting.

coffeewithchess
02-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Thanks for representing...

Did you mention he voted to raise his own congressional pay?
He voted to raise the debt ceiling at least five times.
He endorsed Mitt Romney in 2008?

I'm trying to figure out what stuck/didn't stick with them...

maxoutco
02-08-2012, 12:20 AM
I didn't think Santorum was going to represent tonight, so I wasn't ready for it and was a little shocked. I remembered that he voted against the Right to Work, and was a huge pork spender.

coffeewithchess
02-08-2012, 12:27 AM
I didn't think Santorum was going to represent tonight, so I wasn't ready for it and was a little shocked. I remembered that he voted against the Right to Work, and was a huge pork spender.

Now you know the power of that thing called the tv, and radio...
I always fully research/know the points against the other candidates, so if anybody asks me what I think, I can honestly let them know.
"Santorum is a big government politician just like President Obama. He voted to increase the national debt ceiling at least five times. He voted for No Child Left Behind, ask your teachers how well that program is working out. Most will tell you they hate it. He endorsed Arlen Specter, who was the winning vote that passed ObamaCare. You can thank Rick Santorum for helping ObamaCare pass, by endorsing the liberal RINO Arlen Specter instead of the true conservative candidate."