PDA

View Full Version : Speak Out and Be Heard

alanwarder
11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I guess I wanted to make a really short and concise statement about why the average American should go out of their way to support Ron Paul. I doubt that many us need more convincing, but here it is:

Speak Out and Be Heard

Quite unanimously the only valid argument yet remaining against our troops’ immediate withdrawal from Iraq is that of America’s responsibility to rebuild that which we have destroyed.
While some would agree with the view that the withdrawal of our military would create the best and perhaps only incentive for the Iraqi people to peaceably prosper as an independent nation, many of us maintain that it is our moral duty to undo that which can still be undone. Remember though, that while we have mourned our involvement in this horrific and despicable affair over the past months and years, and while we have poised ourselves for atonement, America’s military leaders, un-checked by our supposed representatives, have devoted the troops’ efforts of late to the construction of 14 new and permanent military bases in Iraq. Remember, that while we attempt to cleanse ourselves of Iraqi blood and oil, all of our leading candidates warn us with growing conviction of both the terrorist, and the nuclear threats elsewhere in the Middle East. Be very careful that when you caste your vote to rebuild Iraq, you have not also caste it to rebuild Iran.
In the decades to come, would we as individuals like to remember ourselves in these times as loyal citizens who stood by their leader and braved orchards of his elected bad apples, or rather as citizens united in dissension to their alarmingly misinformed President? Let that be asked of every American citizen; of every American House Representative and Senator. If we as Americans are not yet completely overtaken with apathy, why is it then forgivable for some of us to be too cynical to believe in change and to fight for it?
If there were any other candidate as equipped to free both America and the world, of our astonishingly disenchanting government, I would surely include their name, but for this task, I, like so many others, can only submit the nomination of Ron Paul.
Speak out and be heard.