PDA

View Full Version : Here's a List of States We Must Do Well In

James Madison
02-07-2012, 11:11 PM
We have three weeks until the next major primary so it's important we start organizing as soon as possible. Here are the upcoming events that we stand the best chance of winning delegates:

February 28: Michigan primary (open)

March 3: Washington caucus (open)

March 6: Register to vote in Texas primary
Vermont primary (open)
Idaho primary (open)
Wyoming caucus (closed)
North Dakota caucus (open)
Alaska caucus (closed)
Virginia primary (open)

If you live in or around these states start getting organized. Talk up Ron Paul and identify potential voters. Make driving arrangements now.

CTRattlesnake
02-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Texas is April 3rd...

James Madison
02-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Texas is April 3rd...

Then the calendar on the RPF tab is wrong.

eleganz
02-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Every state is important, we should all be as active as possible in our local areas.

Good thread.

jamezelle
02-07-2012, 11:15 PM
ohio on march 6th also (super tuesday)

bluesc
02-07-2012, 11:15 PM
We probably won't win any primaries since our turnout and GOTV has gone to shit.

Alaska is a possibility as is Washington, ND and Wyoming.

If we were ever going to win a primary, it would be Idaho.

tsai3904
02-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Texas is April 3rd...

It will most likely get pushed back again due to redistricting.

mavtek
02-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Texas is screwed, there maybe no primary until mid April and I think the only way we can win Texas is with my Freedomwatch idea. It will take the Judge's constant teaching and lecturing to get Texas on our side. We need to make sure all new voters are registered by Mar. 6.

tsai3904
02-07-2012, 11:17 PM
We probably won't win any primaries since our turnout and GOTV has gone to shit.

Alaska is a possibility as is Washington, ND and Wyoming.

If we were ever going to win a primary, it would be Idaho.

Idaho is a caucus and we may do well in the Wyoming straw poll but will not do well with delegates.

VictorB
02-07-2012, 11:19 PM
There is talk here in Texas that it may not even be in April. They can't figure out the redistricting maps. We might be looking at a really late primary. I read somewhere that June was a possibility.

bluesc
02-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Idaho is a caucus and we may do well in the Wyoming straw poll but will not do well with delegates.

You are correct. I was going over the list where it was listed as a primary. What makes you think we won't do well with delegates in Wyoming?

Paulistinian
02-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Texas seems to me to be a crucial win for Ron Paul... He has to win his home state and show that he can deliver Texas.

braane
Should perform well
Maine
Washington
Alaska
Idaho
North Dakota
Wyoming
Louisiana
Montana
South Dakota

Who knows
Vermont (?maybe...next to New Hampshire --overflow)
Kansas (seems to be pretty good support here)
Missouri (is anyone's game with the primary already happening)
Puerto Rico
Texas
Pennsylvania (if Santorum is gone)
Kentucky
California

heavenlyboy34
We have three weeks until the next major primary so it's important we start organizing as soon as possible. Here are the upcoming events that we stand the best chance of winning delegates:

February 28: Michigan primary (open)

March 3: Washington caucus (open)

March 6: Register to vote in Texas primary
Vermont primary (open)
Idaho primary (open)
Wyoming caucus (closed)
North Dakota caucus (open)
Alaska caucus (closed)
Virginia primary (open)

If you live in or around these states start getting organized. Talk up Ron Paul and identify potential voters. Make driving arrangements now.
I feel unspecial cuz on account of my state ain't up thar ^^ :(

ghent
02-07-2012, 11:22 PM
The campaign should not ignore Kansas. It will be between Santorum and Paul here. 40 delegates, major college support in eastern Kansas and libertarian views in western Kansas.

bluesc
02-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Texas seems to me to be a crucial win for Ron Paul... He has to win his home state and show that he can deliver Texas.

Judging by polling, he has absolutely zero chance of winning Texas. The amount of money needed to win it is another obstacle, although that is dwarfed by the awful favorable ratings and awful numbers in head-to-head vs Romney numbers and the fact that he comes an embarrassing last among the current 4 candidates.

tsai3904
02-07-2012, 11:24 PM
You are correct. I was going over the list where it was listed as a primary. What makes you think we won't do well with delegates in Wyoming?

Wyoming's caucus process:

1. Precinct Caucus
2. County Convention
3. State Convention

Precinct Committeemen/women are automatic delegates to the County Conventions and they were all elected in August 2010. We barely have any supporters as PCs.

PCs make up up to 2/3 of the delegates at the County Conventions. That means we can dominate the straw poll, but the max we can get to the County Conventions is 1/3 of the overall delegates at the County Conventions.

CTRattlesnake
02-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Judging by polling, he has absolutely zero chance of winning Texas. The amount of money needed to win it is another obstacle, although that is dwarfed by the awful favorable ratings and awful numbers in head-to-head vs Romney numbers and the fact that he comes an embarrassing last among the current 4 candidates.

Judging by how eastern colorado voted tonight, I'd say Kansas is heavy santorum country.

bluesc
02-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Wyoming's caucus process:

1. Precinct Caucus
2. County Convention
3. State Convention

Precinct Committeemen/women are automatic delegates to the County Conventions and they were all elected in August 2010. We barely have any supporters as PCs.

PCs make up up to 2/3 of the delegates at the County Conventions. That means we can dominate the straw poll, but the max we can get to the County Conventions is 1/3 of the overall delegates at the County Conventions.

Well that sucks. You would have thought they would have organized to elect some more PCs in the interim.

Agorism
02-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Did we do well in Michigan last time? Doesn't seem like our state.

James Madison
02-07-2012, 11:28 PM
I feel that we really need to pick a state to go all out in. Michigan is a possibility despite Romney's family ties.

tsai3904
02-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Well that sucks. You would have thought they would have organized to elect some more PCs in the interim.

It sucks even more because some counties had up to 40% PC vacancies up to a couple months ago. All you had to do was live in the vacant precinct, be a registered Republican, and ask the Chairman to be a PC. I tried my best to get supporters to become PCs but it just didn't happen. I probably got less than 10 people in the last two months to become PCs when there were at least 200 vacant positions. I think people didn't sense the urgency or the significance of the position.

bluesc
02-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Did we do well in Michigan last time? Doesn't seem like our state.

He got 6%. Mitt got 39%. It's Romney country.

VictorB
02-07-2012, 11:30 PM
We need Maine and Washington. Washington is right before super Tuesday and that should give us a boost to do well in the other states.

bluesc
02-07-2012, 11:31 PM
It sucks even more because some counties had up to 40% PC vacancies up to a couple months ago. All you had to do was live in the vacant precinct, be a registered Republican, and ask the Chairman to be a PC. I tried my best to get supporters to become PCs but it just didn't happen. I probably got less than 10 people in the last two months to become PCs when there were at least 200 vacant positions. I think people didn't sense the urgency or the significance of the position.

The campaign should really hire you.

Strip Collins of his pay, have him sleep at the foot of Benton's bed and give you his pay.

Cabal
02-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Texas might get pushed back to as late as June because the Democrats are trying to screw us on redistricting or some nonsense.

cindy25
02-07-2012, 11:57 PM
don't overlook Virginia (no Newt, no Santorum) Indiana (no Santorum), Ohio (Santorum no on ballot in several congressional districts)

Santorum and Newt supporters in those areas will vote for Ron, to keep Romney from winning

ssjevot
02-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Go all out in Washington. Last before Super Tuesday, biggest state delegate wise in February, and best showing in 2008. This is where we must go all out.

carterm
02-08-2012, 12:01 AM
i'm working on michigan.

Badger Paul
02-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Four years ago we didn't have a Congressional supporter from Michigan. Now we do, And we also have a bloc vote of Arab supporters in Detroit. We may not win the but we sure as hell can give it better shot than Arizona and come away with some delegates.

mavtek
02-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Virginia, don't forget about VA we can win there and that would be huge!

Hey Cabal are you part of a facebook group in Dallas yet? If not join 1.

dskalkowski
02-08-2012, 12:10 AM
If we do not win Virginia, it would be a complete waste.. It's Paul v. Romney.

skgai
02-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Has anyone considered Hawai'i? Its a closed caucus, but a very liberal state. Ron Paul has done best with moderates (despite the fact he also gets true conservatives). I think this is a state to consider. 17 Delegates on March 13 and this is a state that could be a swing state. I think Al Gore and Bush both visited in 2000, but Obama swept because of his home state status. With a Ron Paul candidacy Republicans could win this state.

seawolf
02-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Ron Paul has got to get out and work those States, no four or five days off like after New Hampshire....he needs to be out Campaigning no later than Friday.

Just look at Santorum, no money but he excelled in retail politics, meeting and talking to people. IT WORKS. HE NOW HAS FOUR VICTORIES, THREE IN CAUCUS STATES. Ron Paul ZERO.

The Campaign has to suck it up and live out of a suitcase for the next three weeks, but frankly I do not think that it will happen.

VictorB
02-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Ron Paul has got to get out and work those States, no four or five days off like after New Hampshire....he needs to be out Campaigning no later than Friday.

Just look at Santorum, no money but he excelled in retail politics, meeting and talking to people. IT WORKS. HE NOW HAS FOUR VICTORIES, THREE IN CAUCUS STATES. Ron Paul ZERO.

The Campaign has to suck it up and live out of a suitcase for the next three weeks, but frankly I do not think that it will happen.

+10000000

Get out and live in those states. Hit them hard and often. Santorum has proved that you don't need money or grassroots to win. Get down to the local level and meet everyone you can.