PDA

View Full Version : Report from the ground in MN (Michelle Bachman's 6th congressional district, ironically)

Rocket_pilot
02-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Just a report from a RP supporter on the ground here in MN...

First off, I'm ironically in Michelle Bachman's 6th congressional district (and Senate District 56 here in MN). Her husband actually spoke at our caucus tonight. He was exactly how you would expect him to be. Also, each of the presidential candidates had representatives that spoke on their behalf (local citizens). Santorum had nobody willing to speak on his behalf. By far the best speaker was the RP guy, he was very articulate and passionate and even got several rounds of applause from the crowd. I have no idea who he was, but if your reading this brotha'....good work!

Once we broke down into precincts the real business began. Our precinct captain for RP here locally got elected as the precinct chair for the next two years (first victory of the night!). We also scored the position of precinct secretary (second victory of the night!). When delegate time came we scored at least 7 delegates I could confirm out of 18, myself included. We possibly had more, but once voting is complete people scatter and it was hard to track everyone down and feel em' out for who their guy was. Needless to say it was a win for my precinct tonight!

As for the straw poll taken by our precinct, Santorum won by 2 over Paul. Romney and Newt were a distant third and fourth respectively.

Straw polls don't matter, delegates do. And in that regard we did pretty well.

Just my report from the ground. I'm looking forward to making it on to the next delegate round here in MN!

Hook
02-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Her husband actually spoke at our caucus tonight. He was exactly how you would expect him to be.

You mean behaving with a gay demeanor?

Umbro2914
02-07-2012, 10:14 PM
uncalled for

Rocket_pilot
02-07-2012, 10:14 PM

I plead the 5th. It was strange she would send him to speak in her place, but whatever. I could care less which way he swings.

SovereignMN
02-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Good work. I was PC in woodbury precinct 1. Our turnout was down 23 votes from last time and it went: Santorum 19, Paul 8, Romney 5, Gingrich 3 and Pawlenty 1 (write in). Me and my wife got 2 of the 11 delegate spots. Not sure if any of the other 9 are Paul supporters but they weren't on my list.

Rocket_pilot
02-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Good work. I was PC in [precinct deleted]. Our turnout was down 23 votes from last time and it went: Santorum 19, Paul 8, Romney 5, Gingrich 3 and Pawlenty 1 (write in). Me and my wife got 2 of the 11 delegate spots. Not sure if any of the other 9 are Paul supporters but they weren't on my list.

So you were in the same auditorium with me tonight. Didn't the guy who gave the speech on RP's behalf do an awesome job? He was well prepared and spoke on RP's behalf extremely well. I loved his enthusiasm. That guy rocked!

specsaregood
I could care less which way he swings.

How much less could you care?

unknown
Good job. Thank you thank you. No stopping this train brothers.

Champ
02-07-2012, 10:27 PM
I attended this caucus as well. People in my precinct were very upset that no one represented Santorum in the auditorium.

Champ
02-07-2012, 10:28 PM
So you were in the same auditorium with me tonight. Didn't the guy who gave the speech on RP's behalf do an awesome job? He was well prepared and spoke on RP's behalf extremely well. I loved his enthusiasm. That guy rocked!

I liked him too. I think he covered all the major points of what Ron Paul stands for pretty well. He seemed a little nervous, but you could tell he was passionate about doing this too.

sailingaway
02-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Woot to you!!

So it may be like Iowa, Santorum gets the glory, and we get the delegates.

Fair; but dang, I'd like Ron to start getting some of the glory too....

+rep though, and thank you!!

sailingaway
02-07-2012, 10:31 PM
I attended this caucus as well. People in my precinct were very upset that no one represented Santorum in the auditorium.

but not enough to get up and do it themselves, apparently.

Rocket_pilot
02-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I agree. It would have been nice to see RP get his glory here in MN. I really thought we had our chance. In the end its sounding like we did well in delegates, so thats what matters in the end. And having scored a spot as a delegate myself, I feel like I'm doing my part. For what its worth.