PDA

View Full Version : Reporting from MN

A. Havnes
02-07-2012, 09:20 PM
I just got back from my caucus, and I'm a delegate. It was a long journey there, and I'm exhausted. My ride crapped out on me at the last second, and my mom had to drive me. She's still angry and we aren't on speaking terms, but more of that for another post.

Anyway, I got to tally up the votes. There were 55 people at the caucus.

Santorum - 33
Gingrich - 9
Paul - 9

Romney had a dismal showing, and if he sinks in this state, I won't be surprised.

Just for the naysayers, five of those Ron Paul votes came from people over 45 and three of them were women.

unknown
02-07-2012, 10:35 PM
OMG dude, AWESOME job.

lib3rtarian
02-07-2012, 10:36 PM
What's the delegate count like?

samsung1
02-07-2012, 10:36 PM
I just got back from my caucus, and I'm a delegate. It was a long journey there, and I'm exhausted. My ride crapped out on me at the last second, and my mom had to drive me. She's still angry and we aren't on speaking terms, but more of that for another post.

Santorum - 33
Gingrich - 9
Paul - 9

Romney had a dismal showing, and if he sinks in this state, I won't be surprised.

Just for the naysayers, five of those Ron Paul votes came from people over 45 and three of them were women.

you are a patriot! great job!!

Danke
02-07-2012, 10:37 PM

Santorum - 33
Gingrich - 9
Paul - 9

RPF's Chip-in to buy your mom flowers!

sailingaway
02-08-2012, 12:10 AM
thank you!!!

A. Havnes
02-08-2012, 06:56 AM
What's the delegate count like?

From my particular precinct, we awarded 10 delegates. All of us who voted Ron Paul, except maybe one person, became delegates. Santorum had the most support, so he probably collected the most delegates from the other precincts who were present, but Ron Paul supporters make up around 8 of the total delegates.

Bilgefisher
02-08-2012, 06:58 AM
From my particular precinct, we awarded 10 delegates. All of us who voted Ron Paul, except maybe one person, became delegates. Santorum had the most support, so he probably collected the most delegates from the other precincts who were present, but Ron Paul supporters make up around 8 of the total delegates.

This is the best news. Well done.

A. Havnes
02-08-2012, 07:11 AM
This is the best news. Well done.

We just have to keep pushing as we elect delegates to make it to the state convention and beyond!