PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the MN caucus - reporting in..

PeacePlan
02-07-2012, 09:14 PM
MN Precinct (precinct deleted)

We had 21 people in my precinct and the vote was..

11 Paul
8 Frothy
1 newt
1mitt

We elected 7 delegates and 6 of them are Paul delegates

We also elected 6 alternates and I have no idea who they supported..

slamhead
02-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Sauk Rapids MN Precinct 1

11 Paul
8 Frothy
1 newt
1mitt

Right on. Good job.

TXcarlosTX
02-07-2012, 09:16 PM

11 Paul
8 Frothy
1 newt
1mitt

yeah!!!! everyone start posting. we basically dominated the delegation.

Nate-ForLiberty
this is how it's done!

devil21
Im thrilled to see Paul supporters working to fill all the delegate spots. That's how we cause the most trouble in this process ;)

PeacePlan
02-07-2012, 09:17 PM
We also put in a resolution that any gop candidate runing for president be allowed to speak at the State Convention. Last time they would not let RP in the building and it was disgusting.

bobmurph
02-07-2012, 09:17 PM
this is how it's done!

Hell yes. Excellent work PeacePlan.

RonPaulMyPresident
02-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Good job. Ron Paul 2012.

MsDoodahs
02-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Thank you!

harikaried
02-07-2012, 09:20 PM
We elected 7 delegates and 6 of them are Paul delegatesNice. If all the other precincts were like this, Ron Paul would get 86% of the votes going forward.. and 100% of the delegates at the state level.

For example, if a second precinct of the same results attend the county level and 7 delegates need to be selected... The 12 Ron Paul delegates decide which 7 Ron Paul delegates move on to the state level and the 2 other delegates will get at most 2 votes from each other (and 0 votes from Ron Paul delegates). 100% of delegates support Ron Paul moving on to the state level.

This is how Ron Paul gets all 40 delegates for Minnesota!

mosquitobite
02-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Nice. If all the other precincts were like this, Ron Paul would get 86% of the votes going forward.. and 100% of the delegates at the state level.

For example, if a second precinct of the same results attend the county level and 7 delegates need to be selected... The 12 Ron Paul delegates decide which 7 Ron Paul delegates move on to the state level and the 2 other delegates will get at most 2 votes from each other (and 0 votes from Ron Paul delegates). 100% of delegates support Ron Paul moving on to the state level.

This is how Ron Paul gets all 40 delegates for Minnesota!
:D

lib3rtarian
02-07-2012, 09:24 PM

11 Paul
8 Frothy
1 newt
1mitt

Good job. Quick question though - what is an "alternate" and what is an alternate's function/job? :o

Feelgood
02-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Awesome fucking job!

+rep

Highstreet
02-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Good job. Quick question though - what is an "alternate" and what is an alternate's function/job? :o

An alternate fills in if the regular delegate has an emergency and can't attend the next meeting.

devil21
02-07-2012, 09:26 PM

It's a backup delegate in case a primary delegate can't make a convention for some reason, like health issues.

Dorfsmith
02-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Great work!

ronpaulhawaii
02-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Great job! +rep!!!

Now, might I suggest people stop posting every detail, such as Precinct and exact numbers of delegates, and get them edited out when they appear. I know it is encouraging and exciting, but people MUST realize how valuable such numbers are to our oppostition...

Onward!

TXcarlosTX
02-07-2012, 09:33 PM
It's a backup delegate in case a primary delegate can't make a convention for some reason, like health issues.

But you still show up regardless. Just sit there for the possibility that you might fill in as a delegate. I was an Alternate to the TX 2008 Republican Convention.

sailingaway
02-07-2012, 09:36 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PeacePlan again.

Could someone please cover me?

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-07-2012, 09:36 PM
You did us proud. Thank You! :)

Edward
02-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Nice job taking care of business! + "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PeacePlan again."

rp08orbust
02-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Could someone please cover me?

Done. But now someone must cover the one I was going to give anyway lol.

mstrmac1
02-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Great job! +rep!!!

Now, might I suggest people stop posting every detail, such as Precinct and exact numbers of delegates, and get them edited out when they appear. I know it is encouraging and exciting, but people MUST realize how valuable such numbers are to our oppostition...

Onward!

Agreed... Post something like this:

" We did very well in my precinct, and witness a good number of delegates pledged!"

sailingaway
02-07-2012, 09:39 PM

well, I gave you one for covering me, so 'spreading it around' I may be able to tag back in not too long!

sailingaway
02-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Agreed... Post something like this:

" We did very well in my precinct, and witness a good number of delegates pledged!"

Or even, 'the majority' would probably be ok, since without knowing the precinct that could be any number

Indy Vidual
02-07-2012, 09:41 PM

Done for the OP :)

LibertasPraesidium
02-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Well I can say, that this is the best showing for our guy as it has been. At least for the delegates. Strawpoll notwithstanding, it got santorumed.

Danke
02-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Nice!

lib3rtarian
02-07-2012, 11:03 PM
An alternate fills in if the regular delegate has an emergency and can't attend the next meeting.

Thanks guys. Our guys better not be sick then!

J_White
02-07-2012, 11:14 PM
good work !

SovereignMN
02-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Someone correct me about this but someone was telling me that the next conventions CAN implement special rules to seat the alternates if they want, even if all the delegates from their precincts are seated. If true...then it's vitally important that you coordinate with all the alternates as well. If Paul has a majority of them, work to get them seated. If he doesn't then work to fight any rule changes. Case by case basis....this is political hardball.

sailingaway
02-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys. Our guys better not be sick then!

but it is more than that, often when you get to 'the next level' you'll start not having enough people willing to continue the process and the alternates are pulled into other slots altogether from other precincts often. Always be an alternate if you can't be a delegate. You'd be surprised how often this happens.

eduardo89
02-07-2012, 11:18 PM
but it is more than that, often when you get to 'the next level' you'll start not having enough people willing to continue the process and the alternates are pulled into other slots altogether from other precincts often. Always be an alternate if you can't be a delegate. You'd be surprised how often this happens.

Is that allowed? I would think if there's no delegate slot filled in one precinct it can only be filled by an alternate from that precinct.

Michael Landon
02-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Someone correct me about this but someone was telling me that the next conventions CAN implement special rules to seat the alternates if they want, even if all the delegates from their precincts are seated. If true...then it's vitally important that you coordinate with all the alternates as well. If Paul has a majority of them, work to get them seated. If he doesn't then work to fight any rule changes. Case by case basis....this is political hardball.

No. You are only allowed to seat alternates from the precinct the alternates are from. And alternates can only be seated if there is a vacant delegate spot for that particular precinct. Meaning, if you are an alternate for your precinct, and all of your delegates for your precinct are there, you are not allowed to fill a vacant spot from another precinct.

- ML

TomtheTinker
02-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Rep