PDA

View Full Version : Missouri

RileyE104
02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Santorum Sweeps Missouri..
It would be nice if we could at least make it a close battle for second.

But with 41% reporting, it's Romney with 28,500 votes vs Paul with 13,000 votes. :(

On the bright side... The Missouri primary doesn't count for delegates, if I'm correct.

Also, some neat info:

- Ron Paul got 26,464 votes here in 2008
- Mitt Romney got 172,329
- Mike Huckabee got 185,642
- John McCain got 194,053

IMO, we aren't dealing with the brightest voters tonight when it comes to Missouri.. :p

unknown
02-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Where does 13,000 put us?

PolicyReader
02-07-2012, 08:53 PM
You are correct.

February 7, 2012
Missouri (primary) – Counts for Zero delegates

March 17, 2012
Missouri (GOP caucus - Modified) – 52 total delegates (State Convention: 2 June)

The grassroots there have focused all efforts on the March 17th caucus where delegates are actually going to be available so what we're seeing tonight represents the RP support without official campaign or grassroots support involved in the contest.

bcreps85
02-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I just don't get it. Santorum is winning all of them right now, but I have yet to meet a Santorum supporter...what rock do these people hide under?

RileyE104
02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
I just don't get it. Santorum is winning all of them right now, but I have yet to meet a Santorum supporter...what rock do these people hide under?

We need to face the facts..
As long as Santorum and Gingrich are in the race, neo-cons who hate Romney will continue to team up against us.

As long as they have a choice besides Paul who's name isn't Mitt Romney, they will not come our way.

sailingaway
02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Santorum was always going to sweep this, Ron wrote the straw poll off.

Unlike Iowa, Maine, Co and MN, the MO straw poll doesn't even START the process for delegates, those caucuses are in March, and I understand Ron may be there before then. It will be an entirely different get out the vote and Gingrich WILL be on the ballot for that. Tonight is literally a beauty contest only Santorum felt worth getting worked up over before Gingrich started to sink and when Santorum had no other wins in sight. Now he has the others too, but it doesn't make THIS one more important. Unfortunately, on top of the others is what the issue will be.

Santorum is essentially unvetted. He wasn't on top long enough for people to be familiar with him. But it is what it is.

Butchie
02-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Santorum was always going to sweep this, Ron wrote the straw poll off.

What state AREN'T we writing off? I'm just curious when we are going to start trying and winning, I know I'll get slammed for "being negative" but seriously, this is getting embarassing and I fail to see how we're somehow going to grab momentum out of these 3rd, 4th place finishes, even with Gingrich out and only Mitt and Rick we still get 3rd and are barely beating "uncommited".

sailingaway
02-07-2012, 09:04 PM
We need to face the facts..
As long as Santorum and Gingrich are in the race, neo-cons who hate Romney will continue to team up against us.

As long as they have a choice besides Paul who's name isn't Mitt Romney, they will not come our way.

Neocons never will. National security conservatives being strung along by neocons may well. There are a very small number of actual neoconservatives and they are the only ones really threatened by Ron. The others are just currently buying the fear mongering.

sailingaway
02-07-2012, 09:05 PM
What state AREN'T we writing off? I'm just curious when we are going to start trying and winning, I know I'll get slammed for "being negative" but seriously, this is getting embarassing and I fail to see how we're somehow going to grab momentum out of these 3rd, 4th place finishes, even with Gingrich out and only Mitt and Rick we still get 3rd and are barely beating "uncommited".

He didn't write off Minnesota. He literally didn't go to or run ads in or send mail to or do anything before the Missouri straw poll because it means nothing. And yes, if you just want to vent, there is a forum for that.

ronpaulfollower999
02-07-2012, 09:08 PM

The ones that get us delegates.