PDA

View Full Version : UK Cops May Get OK To Use Nerve Gas On Protesters!

DamianTV
02-07-2012, 08:17 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/government-may-sanction-nerveagent-use-on-rioters-scientists-fear-6612084.html

Leading neuroscientists believe that the UK Government may be about to sanction the development of nerve agents for British police that would be banned in warfare under an international treaty on chemical weapons.

A high-level group of experts has asked the Government to clarify its position on whether it intends to develop "incapacitating chemical agents" for a range of domestic uses that go beyond the limited use of chemical irritants such as CS gas for riot control.

The experts were commissioned by the Royal Society, the UK's national academy of sciences, to investigate new developments in neuroscience that could be of use to the military. They concluded that the Government may be preparing to exploit a loophole in the Chemical Weapons Convention allowing the use of incapacitating chemical agents for domestic law enforcement.

(more on link)

Not OK for Warfare, but OK for Crowd Control! Governments Protect Banks, not People from Banks!

Reason
02-07-2012, 08:23 PM
-_- <--- That is my surprised face.

donnay
02-07-2012, 08:31 PM
"I do not understand the squeamishness about the use of gas. I am strongly in favour of using poisonous gas against uncivilised tribes."
~Winston Churchill

I hope people wake up quick!!!

Indy Vidual
02-07-2012, 08:34 PM
-_- <--- That is my surprised face.

:eek:

bolil
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
I think weaponized thc would be much more effective in making people peaceful... be good for food business too.

brushfire
02-07-2012, 08:56 PM
I'll bet they regret giving up their firearms.

Reason
02-08-2012, 12:48 AM

Doubt it. They're too busy watching TV @ home.

Sullivan*
02-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Doubt it. They're too busy watching TV @ home.
Except when they're too busy protesting violently because the government made a (relatively) modest cut in the free shit they get.

Lafayette
02-08-2012, 01:08 AM
I think weaponized thc would be much more effective in making people peaceful... be good for food business too.

I wouldn't run towards it but if it was fired at me... i wouldn't run away ;)

GrahamUK
02-08-2012, 06:43 AM

YES!!

Funny thing is tho, the criminals and gangs still have plenty of guns.. Maybe they will protect us lol

Pericles
02-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I don't see hou you can have a non lethal nerve agent. Any concentration strong enough to disable a large man would kill an infant.

Rothbardian Girl
02-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Except when they're too busy protesting violently because the government made a (relatively) modest cut in the free shit they get.
Eliminate state privileges for businesses first, and then complain about people "getting free shit". I don't think we should complain about people being shielded at least in part from the full brunt of state-exercised privilege.

angelatc
02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Perhaps we should invade them.

Krugerrand
02-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Perhaps we should invade them.

Nice!