PDA

View Full Version : What's the MSM up to? Speaking Strongly About Paul in MN Tonight

RonPaul101.com
02-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Don't get me wrong I love to hear it, but part of me is wondering what they are up to...?

Is it just their way of being able to talk of a Santorum Surge again like they did in Iowa if Ricky should win MN? CNN's Blitzer said don't count out Paul in MN, Bachmann was on CNN and said about the same...

So what gives?

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't believe they have a choice in Minnesota, but to attempt to treat him fairly.

RPsupporterAtHeart
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
To me it seems that whenever they are unsure of what kind of support Paul will bring in, they make sure he gets a few mentions. Mostly likely for two reason. 1) so they don't look like complete idiots to the sheep if he actually does reach those numbers. 2) it's much easier to push him down if he under preforms.

eleganz
02-07-2012, 06:31 PM
look...these people aren't dumb...they can't just discount RP and if he did better than they expected him to they will somewhat discredit themselves.

UK4Paul
02-07-2012, 06:36 PM
How does "don't count out Paul" translate to "speaking strongly" about Paul? :D

JJ2
02-07-2012, 06:39 PM
They are just hyping Paul up for the kill again, like in NV. They're afraid of him getting 2nd place, so they have to turn it into another "disappointment."

So Paul will now go from having a "disappointing" 4th place finish, to having a "disappointing" 3rd place finish, to having a "disappointing" 2nd place finish!

I guess on Saturday, he'll have a "disappointing" 1st place finish in Maine, because he "barely" beat Romney? ;)

UtahApocalypse
02-07-2012, 06:40 PM
To me it seems that whenever they are unsure of what kind of support Paul will bring in, they make sure he gets a few mentions. Mostly likely for two reason. 1) so they don't look like complete idiots to the sheep if he actually does reach those numbers. 2) it's much easier to push him down if he under preforms.

I got slammed for writing a post Saturday that CNN was talking up Ron Paul getting 2nd in NV just so they could announce his "under-performance." All polls showed him in third (other then one shady poll the day before) yet the media was pushing he would get second.. Looks like were getting set up for another "failure" tonight.

I hope I am wrong. When the media Hypes though it makes me get very cautious of where we really are going to end up.

Bruno
02-07-2012, 06:40 PM

Yep

rp2012win
02-07-2012, 06:43 PM
If they were trying to surge him, they would have provided this positive press days ago. Doing it 1 hour before voting is to set high expectations so they can say he fell short.

JJ2
02-07-2012, 06:44 PM
It's also possible that they are looking at entrance poll numbers that show it to be a close race. (Hopefully!)

Okie RP fan
02-07-2012, 06:44 PM
They do this the day of or night of when they know people have already voted or aren't paying attention.

It's their way of saying that they give him fair coverage.

If only they would do this the days and weeks preceding the voting dates.

JJ2
02-07-2012, 06:50 PM
I guess I was wrong. It seems they are not doing entrance or exit polls tonight!

Lord Xar
02-07-2012, 06:52 PM
They do this so "supporters" get complacent thinking others will go and vote, SO they stay home.

Typical tactic. They say there is going to be a good turnout so some will think "they got it covered" and not show.

floridasun1983
02-07-2012, 07:06 PM
They've been pumping Santorum on everything I've seen today.

wstrucke
02-07-2012, 07:11 PM
They do this the day of or night of when they know people have already voted or aren't paying attention.

It's their way of saying that they give him fair coverage.

If only they would do this the days and weeks preceding the voting dates.

this. everyone who matters is already at the events and not watching TV. when the air time statistics come out, they can point to the numbers and say they covered RP for half an hour or something today.

ZENemy
02-07-2012, 07:19 PM
OR, they are trying to draw OUR attention away from the Nevada (and more) Voting Fraud

specsaregood
02-07-2012, 07:19 PM
CNN's Blitzer said don't count out Paul in MN, Bachmann was on CNN and said about the same...
So what gives?

Paul did very well in her district in 2008 and in the district next to hers, won some precincts even IIRC.

Peace&Freedom
02-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Yup, it's a psych technique in the propaganda war, to sap the morale of Paul supporters. Deprive Paul of a clean victory, or momentum-building showing at every contest, so that he never catches fire, or breaks the containment field the establishment is trying to keep him in.